Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Data's Emotion Chip

Do you think the Emotion Chip Data inserted in Himself in Generations realy Malfunctioned, or could it be he just took in all the emotions he had through his experiences all at once, His Father was killed, his Daughter Died in front of him, the one girl he was in love with (kinda Tasha) was killed, was it just too much for him to take, I doubt any human could take all that at once.

Come to think of it, thats a pretty bloody good way of putting it!!

Nice pick up Dragonwrangler.

It makes perfect sence!!!

I doubt it since he was in a good mood laughing the entire time, that was the problem, he originally couldn't stop laughing. When I'm in a good mood laughing, bad things don't even come to mind.

And when he finally passed out and woke it, it stopped as if it was temporarily broken. And he always can detect what is wrong by running a scan of himself and it was telling him that it overloaded, so much so that Geordi was ready to take him to see what was wrong until Soran showed up.

Do you think the Emotion Chip Data inserted in Himself in Generations realy Malfunctioned, or could it be he just took in all the emotions he had through his experiences all at once, His Father was killed, his Daughter Died in front of him, the one girl he was in love with (kinda Tasha) was killed, was it just too much for him to take, I doubt any human could take all that at once.

I've always hated the idea of Data having an emotion chip just because it seems obvious to me that Data already has emotions...he just isn't very good at expressing or exploring them. He values his friendship with Jordy and he obviously is attached to his cat (and his career) -all manifestations of emotion. All the "emotion chip" ever did was to expand what Data already inherently had...

If Data really had no emotions then he'd be a generic robot with zero personality and only the ability to do as he's told...a Vulcan without the charm.

:dude::eek: I think I would malfuction too if all that happen to me. :dude:

I know I would if all that hit me at once. Hell, some situations in my life shocked and upset me so very much ... and add all of them together and at once it hits me.. I do not even BEGIN to want to know what that would be like.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I just watched 'Generations', I was surprised. Better movie than I thought.

DATA was a HOOT! I loved it.

...The NEXUS was confusing, that's about my only gripe.