Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Tessaiga and Tenseiga

You know... Inuyasha is just going to get it back and Sesshomaru is just going to have the Tesseiga, his land, an imp, a little girl, and same look on his face. If he wanted to he could be a vulcan in the next Star Trek TV show or movie.

Sesshomaru has two swords, the tenseiga and tokijin....

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
In the manga, the tokijin will be shattered on an incarnate of Naraku. Sesshomaru will try to save the poisoned Kagura with the tenseiga, but won't be able to. Because Sesshomaru had compassion for someone other than himself, Totosai will reforge the Tenseiga into a weapon that can send someone directly to the other realm.

Inuyasha can keep the Tessaiga.

Could you tell me why is that if Inuyasha is half and Sesshomaru is full that the match each other? One gets the upper hand, but then the other one does. And I would bet Inuyasha is is less then half Sesshomaru's age and not as well trained, but can still stand up to his brother and sometimes push the want to be vulcan back.

Sesshomaru has beaten Inuyasha a few times, basically, it's an even match because their father wanted them to both live. At the start of the series, I think Sesshomaru wanted to kill Inuyasha, but now, I think Sesshy is just more disappointed that Inu isn't living up to what Sesshy thinks of their father.

I have heard a few theories on the whole subject about the two brothers with all the anime fans I'm around with in college...

One I know of is that Sesshormaru is in between a rock and a hard place. He is the lord of the west lands and most show he is strong to lead the demons of his land, but after his father died, he became in charge of the up bringing up of his brother Inuyasha. Since doing so openly would most likely cause a war, or an attempt on his life, he was force to not help Inuyasha or his mother. After the so many years with dealing with the backlash of his father act of having a child with a human he put the blame on Inuyasha even though he had to real choice in the matter of being born. In addition, some fans believe that Sesshormaru was going to see if his brother was able to prove himself to other demons by having his help in the Panther war. Unfortunately, by the time of the war Kikyo had sealed Inuyasha to the God Tree. Therefore, by the time he finally meets Inuyasha he has pent up anger at his brother for the death of his father, for not being there in the Panther war, his brother stupidity, and his own actions. After some time into the show Sesshormaru realizes that his hate towards his brother is useless so after that point the fights they have each other are that cased due to Inuyasha short temper (blame the monk, the fox, and the ‘sits’ for that) or to test on how far he has progressed as a fighter...

This is all I can remember hearing about this issue. I know I left out things, but I tried to explain the reason as to why the brothers fight.

It's just a very elaborate story of why they hate each other.

I could explain it better, but I've been up since 415 and it's now 2232. Also add the fact that I feel like I got his by a starship a few times, or a wind scar, my mind is not working at 100%, but we all know that.

I'm on youtube.com right now streaming the 4th movie. It came out in Japan on Dec. 23rd 2004, but they haven't released a US date yet....