Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

New TV Shows That Have Been Picked Up/Cancelled

Of The Shows Picked Up For a Full Season, Which Is Your Favorite?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Of The Shows Picked Up For a Full Season, Which Is Your Favorite?

• Bones
    • Commander in Chief
    • Criminal Minds
    • Everybody Hates Chris
    • Ghost Whisperer
    • How I Met Your Mother
    • My Name Is Earl
    • Prison Break
    • Supernatural
    • The War at Home
    • I don't like any of the new shows
    • I haven't seen any of them

What do Supernatural, Commander in Chief, and My Name Is Earl all have in common? Well, besides all being on the same night (Tuesday) at the same time (9/8pm C), they've all been picked up for a full season, proving you don't have to be a timeslot bully to be a winner -- though Commander in Chief is the only new show to consistently crack the top ten. As we settle into the season, some shows have been given the green light, a handful have already been axed (Head Cases, we hardly knew ye), and still more await the fickle finger of fate to find out whether they'll last through the month, much less the whole television year. Here are the shows we have definite word on for 2005-2006:

Picked Up: Bones (Fox), Commander in Chief (ABC), Criminal Minds (CBS), Everybody Hates Chris (UPN), Ghost Whisperer (CBS), How I Met Your Mother (CBS), My Name Is Earl (NBC), Prison Break (Fox), Supernatural (WB), The War at Home (Fox)

Canceled: Head Cases (Fox), Inconceivable (NBC), Just Legal (WB), Sex, Love and Secrets (UPN)

Go Earl!!! :klingon: B) :klingon::klingon::klingon:

for those My Name Is Earl Fans, as you read they have been given a full season, and I read that it's 22 episodes this season. They are already in talks for season 2 as well :klingon::klingon: B) I was afraid that it was going to be one of the series cancelled, but I'm glad to report it's a hit!

which is your favorite out of the new shows?

Looking at that lineup of shows I have to ask, yet again, why wasn't Enterprise picked up for another season??

Looking at that lineup of shows I have to ask, yet again, why wasn't Enterprise picked up for another season??

358251[/snapback]

Agreed. :klingon: I've only seen Commander in Cheif and My Name is Earl. CiC is ok, but I love Earl! B) The others didn't sound too interesting after seeing the ads for them.

The only 1 of those I've watched is "Prison Break" but I gave it up after 3 eps.

You forgot "Threshold", tho. It's very interesting. Hard to believe Braga's involved. B)

The only 1 of those I've watched is "Prison Break"  but I gave it up after 3 eps. 

You forgot "Threshold", tho.  It's very interesting.  Hard to believe Braga's involved. :P

358303[/snapback]

OMG how could I forget Threshold? :P It's my favorite new show! I would have voted for it instead of Earl if it was in the poll. :P

Of the ones on this list, I picked "My Name Is Earl". I think that show is one of the best of the new season, and the others on the list are somewhat secondary, with the exception of "Supernatural", which I haven't had the chance to see yet. I've heard good things though...

I think, though, "Invasion" is incredible. Too bad that's not on here becuase that's what I would have picked. My Wednesday nights are stuck on Lost and Invasion.

You forgot "Threshold", tho.   It's very interesting.  Hard to believe Braga's involved. :P

358303[/snapback]

You also omitted Invasion and Surface.  Invasion is the only new series I have watched consistently.

358352[/snapback]

Gamera didn't include those series because they haven't been officially picked up for a full season. The ones he's listed have been by their respective networks. I did see at Trek Nation that CBS has ordered 3 more scripts for Threshold (that would make 12 episodes greenlighted so far) so its fate is undecided so far as is Invasion, Surface and other new series not in that list.

Edited by Takara_Soong

I haven't seen any of them.

I don't watch very much television. Just news and football, really. And one DVD every night.

Sometimes when I can't sleep I'll watch whatever's on late at night, like Dog the Bounty Hunter....but nothing new.

I wasn't impressed with Threshold. I knew all the twists that were coming from the first three episodes, it's just like watching a Braga episode of Star Trek, he uses the same cliché jumping out things and pulling back to reveal things.

Seen More of SUPERNATURAL and not many of the other shows (Prison Break a few scenes here and there but thats about it )(Bones) and (Ghost Whisperer) (Invasion) mostly the other shows are on when I'm watching something else and also some started when I was in Europe so I missed the premieres.

B) B) B) B)