Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Rivalries

What do you think some of the most intense rivalries are? In hockey, I think the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia rivalry is pretty high up there. There are some insane rivalries in the world are football (soccer) teams, especially nations playing against each other.

The NFL Pittsburgh and Baltimore is a pretty goo rivalry, better then The Browns/Steelers anymore, Cardinals and Cubs in MLB, NBA...wh cares LOL, a college rivalry i would love too see again in football is Pitt/Penn State

There are many rivalries in hockey, the greatest being Toronto vs. Montreal (the BoSox-Yanks equivalent). There is basically a rivalty between any two given original six teams.

But there are tons of them:

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Calgary vs. Edmonton

Boston vs. New York

New York vs. Long Island

Toronto vs. Philadelphia

Colorado vs. Detroit

Colorado vs. Vancouver

New York vs. New Jersey

Just to name a few.

The NHL is pretty good. Not a huge fan of the shootout, just a gimmick like 4 on 4 overtime. A game that matters will never be decided that way. The trapezoid behind the net is stupid. Goalies should be able to handle the puck, its a skill they need to develop. It is crucial for Olympic hockey. Canada won with the best puck handling goalies in Broduer and lost with one of the absolute worst, Patrick Roy. Bigger ice demands a puck handling goalie. That rule was probably endorsed by a bunch of GMs who have goalies who can't handle the puck. And the fact they stil have touch icing is stupid too. Someone is gonna have to get killed before they do anything. And I hope they don't attempt those new form fitting jerseys on goalies or otherwise. Stupid.

But I like the new offside rule and the no red line. But there is alot that could be better. Like fewer teams.

In College Sports, there is one rivalry that stands above all else. In any sport, this rivalry is a classic, weather it is Football, Basketball, or Competitive Underwater Basketweaving. No other College Rivalry can match it. the schools involved aren't big schools, but I'd be willing to bet you've heard of them. And, when it comes around, you can bet there will be trash talking...

West Point Vs. Annapolis. EI, for those not "In the Know", ARMY/NAVY. The ULTIMATE RIVALRY.

Also, if you want to see a good, no-love-lost kind of rivalry game, watch Monday Night Football this week. Brett Favre and the Packers take on Brad Johnson and the Minnesota Vikings. This will be a tough, hard fight the whole way.

There are many rivalries in hockey, the greatest being Toronto vs. Montreal (the BoSox-Yanks equivalent). There is basically a rivalty between any two given original six teams.

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Calgary vs. Edmonton

Boston vs. New York

New York vs. Long Island

Toronto vs. Philadelphia

Colorado vs. Detroit

Colorado vs. Vancouver

New York vs. New Jersey

Just to name a few.

I'd add Detroit vs. St. Louis Seems like they meet in just about every playoff, lately.

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Calgary vs. Edmonton

Boston vs. New York

New York vs. Long Island

Toronto vs. Philadelphia

Colorado vs. Detroit

Colorado vs. Vancouver

New York vs. New Jersey

Just to name a few.

I'd add Detroit vs. St. Louis Seems like they meet in just about every playoff, lately.

Well, it isn't going to be much of a rivalry this year, St. Louis is just terrible. Heck, they are selling the team so who knows if they'll be St. Louis a few years from now, they almost moved to Regina once. They have the largest operating loss in the league at $91 million. They'll probably be more than a few teams changing addresses in the coming years, hopefully most of them will be North of the 49th parallel.

In College Sports, there is one rivalry that stands above all else. In any sport, this rivalry is a classic, weather it is Football, Basketball, or Competitive Underwater Basketweaving. No other College Rivalry can match it. the schools involved aren't big schools, but I'd be willing to bet you've heard of them. And, when it comes around, you can bet there will be trash talking...

West Point Vs. Annapolis. EI, for those not "In the Know", ARMY/NAVY. The ULTIMATE RIVALRY.

Also, if you want to see a good, no-love-lost kind of rivalry game, watch Monday Night Football this week. Brett Favre and the Packers take on Brad Johnson and the Minnesota Vikings. This will be a tough, hard fight the whole way.

Yeah, there's been some trash talkin' concerning the Army-Navy game. How bout that Bears/Packers game? 19-7 doesn't really show how well fought that battle was. It was very close right up to the end.