Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

How do you take your Trek

What's the most common way you watch Star Trek?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most common way you watch Star Trek?

• On television (cable/sat), as they come on (whatever channel)
    • On VHS tape
    • On DVD, on television
    • On DVD, on the computer
    • On the computer, downloaded TV-capture (~50-75MB/episode)
    • On the computer, downloaded DVD-transfer (350MB/episode)
    • On DVR (TiVo, et al)
    • On a portable media device such as the new video iPods

I've always gotten Star Trek and other TV shows from filesharing networks, from long before the TV shows all came out on DVD. Star Trek has always been available on VHS, but for unreasonable prices (unless you had a favorite you just had to have). For a while I just downloaded episodes I recognized the titles of, and watched them randomly. Then I discovered BitTorrent, which could be used to download whole series, by the season, in perfect DVD quality, with no television watermarks or commercials. I have a 19" computer monitor, so I just watch them on the computer.

It would be nice to have the three series I like (TNG, DS9, and Voyager) on DVD, but they're way too expensive, and the discs have far too few episodes per disc versus what the format supports. With mine, I can get 11 or 12 episodes on each disc... each series is 15 DVD+R discs and takes up about 75GB of hard drive space. The next television I get (long ways away...) will have S-video in on the back, so I'll be able to hook the computer up to that, and watch them on a much bigger screen.

Well I watch them on Spike and on my DVD I have all but one season, season 6 of DS9, 3 seasons of Voyager, Season 1 of TOS, 4 seasons of TNG, all the movies and don't have Enterprise yet man paramount prises are too high I have had to get them when I could afford them but it's coming along nicely.

Brian

Usually I watch a dose of DS9 on Spike when I wake up and finish it off with a little TNG. But I also watch my DS9 seasons on DVD.

I only watch it on DVD (television, not comp).

Before I had the chance to buy the DVDs, I had to watch it on TV but the German voice dubbing annoyed the hell out of me, so I bought TOS and TNG (my fave series) on DVD and everything's fine now. :veryangry: As for the other three series: I don't watch them anymore, I've seen them, but I don't feel the need to see them again.

Edited by Takara_Soong

On TV. DS9 season 7 and Voyager are playing everyday here and TNG four times at the weekend.

I don't think I've seen a full episode of any Trek for well over a month, but I catch it on Spike when I can as well as on VHS (though those are at home).

Although I get the most enjoyment from watching my TNG (seasons & movies) and ENT DVDs on television, I do watch most of my Trek on television (Spike and Space). I've been taping DS9 on Spike to watch later in the day for the past few weeks. I do watch TNG on both Spike and Space. Depending on the episode I'll watch TOS on Space instead of a TNG episode on Spike as they are on at the same time. I also watch VOY and ENT daily on Space. Then I get ENT on a FOX station on the weekend. Good golly, I watch a lot of Trek every day.

I have every episode of all of the series on CD from downloads, which I started getting before the DVD's came out. Now I have all of DS9 on DVD and most of TNG and Voyager. THe way I usually watch is either on DVD or if I'm too lazy to get the Discs out I also have my TiVo recording them.