Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Serenity Rocked (SPOILERS)

I just got back from seeing Serenity and I thought it rocked.

I thought the story was great, I was glad we got

Click For Spoiler
to find out where the reavers Originated from and why they are the way they are.

The cast's acting was first class (Chiwetel Ejiofor was superb as The Operative) and river kicked *buttocks*, I also thought the special effects were excellent (what a space battle :( :) ).

Click For Spoiler

I was really sad when Shepherd Book and Wash Died, I heard that someone was going to die but I didn't think they would kill off two main characters.

Overall it was an excellent movie and I plan on seeing it again.

I liked it. It did a great job explaining the back-story, (even if it twisted it a bit according to my son) the effects were great and I really liked the characters and the ship (though it looked a bit odd.) It filled the void of not having any new Trek rather nicely. Favorite line: Are we crashing again? :(

I loved it too! Do you think they will make more or start the series again?

Favorite line 'Like a leaf on the wind'

Not much of a chance. What I've heard most frequently is that the studio would need to make at least $80 million (domestic & overseas box office combined) for another movie to be made. Currently Serenity's domestic box office is under $25 million (and its theatre run should be over within a week or two) and its overseas box office is under $10 million. Those combined don't even make up the production cost of $39 million (which doesn't include advertising and promotion).

Edited by Takara_Soong

I enjoyed this movie. I really want to see the series now, and it looks like the first episode of Firefly will be airing next week on Sci-fi. I'm actually looking foward to it.

Not much of a chance. What I've heard most frequently is that the studio would need to make at least $80 million (domestic & overseas box office combined) for another movie to be made. Currently Serenity's domestic box office is under $25 million (and its theatre run should be over within a week or two) and its overseas box office is under $10 million. Those combined don't even make up the production cost of $39 million (which doesn't include advertising and promotion).
Out of curiousity, have you seen the film yet? The DVD comes out in 20 December.

Out of curiousity, have you seen the film yet? The DVD comes out in 20 December.

No I haven't seen the movie. I watched Firefly a couple of times when it first aired and didn't really care for it so I'm not going to bother. I did see one sci-fi movie lately - Chicken Little. LOL

Edited by Takara_Soong

I Love This Movie. In fact I've watched my DVD at least a couple dozen times. Sometimes every night for a week. I'm even watching it right now. There was something that kept bugging me about the first classroom scene and then it struck me. I knew one of the other girls in the class. It was Marley McClean the young actress who played Mezoti on Voyager.

I just got myself and iPod for my birthday and then, even though I have the Firefly DVD set, I bought the Firefly downloads from iTunes. Now I can watch it anywhere.

New Dvd special edition- Accourding to the Whedonesque website- It should be out in July!

Why? They have done so for th Evil Dead movies and the fans have bought em. Its cements buzz for a possible new project relationg to the fandom..

Some movies don't deserve it though: How many Directors cuts of Alexander do you need?

I loved Serenity. I thought it was a great follow up to the show. Though I don't think they made Jayne stupid enough :P

Haven't watched my DVD in awhile...need to do that. :)

I loved Serenity. I thought it was a great follow up to the show. Though I don't think they made Jayne stupid enough :P

Haven't watched my DVD in awhile...need to do that. :)

heyyyyyyy! Thats not cool!

His dumbness was dumbed down in the film! :P

..Thats true. But what he lacks in intelligence he makes up with "Vera"