Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Which Character Do You Like More?

Who, Between the Two, Do You Like More?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who, Between the Two, Do You Like More?

• Dr. Noonien Soong
    • Dr. Arik Soong
    • Both Equally
    • Neither
    • other

I really like them both but I voted for Arik Soong because his character was fleshed out more. We don't really know that much about Noonien Soong other than he is a brilliant cyberneticist.

I didn't vote... I vaguely remember one Soong (probably Noonien) as Data's creator from TNG... I don't remember another one. I remember Data's brother, Lore... but not a second Soong. :assimilated:

I didn't vote... I vaguely remember one Soong (probably Noonien) as Data's creator from TNG... I don't remember another one.  I remember Data's brother, Lore... but not a second Soong. :assimilated:

355452[/snapback]

Dr. Noonien Soong (played by Brent Spiner) appeared in three episodes of TNG. A 40ish year old Soong was in Birthright Part 1, a 50ish year old Soong appeared in Inheritance and a too old Soong appeared in Brothers. And yes, he was Data's creator.

Dr. Arik Soong (also played by Brent Spiner) is the great-grandfather of Dr. Noonien Soong. He appeared in a three episode arc in season 4 of Enterprise. The episodes were Borderland, Cold Station 12 and The Augments. Borderland is the episode scheduled this weekend for those getting Enterprise in syndication.

Arik Soong with some of the Augments:

1-11.jpg

The other Soongs who have appeared in Trek are Data's brothers Lore (Datalore, Brothers and Descent) and B4 (Nemesis) and Data's mother, Juliana O'Donnell Soong Tainer (Inheritance).

Edited by Takara_Soong

Unsure about this, I don't know much about them. *Sneezes* I prefer Dr N. Soong because I have heard him mentioned more. Never heard of the other. :(

I voted Noonien, but actually I kind of like them both equally.

I might have voted for Arik, if I had gotten to see more of the story arc. I managed to catch portions of at least two of the episodes, maybe all three of the arc. But only because I happened not to be able to get to sleep that night and was flipping through the channels. FOX's prime time was done broadcasting for the evening, and the UPN's schedule had begun. That is the only way I have been able to see ANY fragment of ENT, outside of the first couple episodes (no actual UPN station here for me)

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I am a HUGE Trek fan, however I voted neither...

1. Dr Noonien Soong: Same problem I had with Admiral Jameson from the 1st season Next Gen episode: Too Short a Season. The makeup on a young guy to make him look old that I just wasn't buying. TOS Deadly Years had 10x better makeup and that's a Paradox you would think the show that came 20 years later would look much better.

1. Data and Lore's Grandfather Soong: Enterprise was the only Trek incarnation that never held my interest. Never saw any of the episodes. Hence, no comment.

I voted for Noonien, but I meant to vote for Arik.

(I corrected it for you - AE)

Edited by Alterego