Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Firefly Weekend - UK Sci Fi Channel

This weekend The UK SciFi Channel will be showing every episode of Firefly over two days.

Saturday 1st October - 7 episodes (1.00pm - 8.00pm)

Sunday 2nd October - 8 episodes (12.00pm - 8.00pm)

Since I have never seen an episode of Firefly i will be watching, if I like what I see I will be going to see the movie that is released soon.

I'm very similar to what you said

I have been wanting to see Firefly for the longest time and they are going to have a marathon of it on tomorrow from 8 am to 8pm. I’m a little mad because they are playing the episodes out of order. The order they are playing the episodes are:

Episode 2- Bushwacked

Episode 6- Shindig

Episode 7- Safe

Episode 3- Our Man Reynolds

Episode 4- Jaynestown

Episode 5- Out of Gas

Episode 8- Ariel

Episode 9- War Stories

Episode 14- Trash

Episode 15- The Message

Episode 13- Heart of Gold

Episode 10- Objects in Space

Instead of hopping around, why not just play the episodes in order? I hate when they do stuff like that. Oh well, I still plan to watch and record the entire marathon and if I like it, I’ll probably buy the movie Serenity over the weekend

I've never seen Firefly but the reason they are out of order is that they were originally shown on Fox out of their original production order. This order is production order, discounting the first 3 episodes (Serenity 1 & 2, and The Train Job). If they were to show them "in order that would be jumping around.

Its the dvd release (i.e. the order sir Joss wished them to be seen) and therefore in the grand sheme of things make a whole heap more of sense than fox's idiocy to run in the order they saw fit.

I have been watching and recording this series all day today and I can say that I am now a fan of this series. I really do like the humor they use and I also like how realistic it is. 500 years into the future and they are still using the same basic guns we use now. I also like how the scenes in space are silent since there is no sound in space.

I'm gonna buy the movie Serenity as soon as possible :laugh: