Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Who thinks there are way too many Religious talk?

These discussions are everywhere!!!!!!

There are 3 things in this world that should never be discussed:

Politics

Sex

Religion

I think that all religious discussions should be banned!!!!!!!

*peers over at admiral Pee Wee*

I'm not trying to sway you from your god.

But they are really anoying.

Is anyone with me?

Does anyone here aggree?

I strongly disagree. Politics sex and religion should be discussed here as well as anything else. If you don't want to join the discussion, simply don't open the thread.

I strongly disagree. Politics sex and religion should be discussed here as well as anything else. If you don't want to join the discussion, simply don't open the thread.

354305[/snapback]

I have to agree with this.

Some people get way into proving their side of the argument instead of exchanging ideas freely without judgment, but just put them on your "ignore" list.

My point being is that most of these discusions end up in flaming

354314[/snapback]

They wouldn't if people would be mature enough to refrain from posting replies such as "*rolls eyes*" in them. No offense.

And again, this seems to be a case of a double-standard against Christianity since the "Satanist" thread has also been started. Satanism is a religion as well and I don't see anyone posting any snide remarks on that one yet. If that continues, it just goes to show you that these topics can be discussed if people here just learn to accept the religious views of others and move on. If it's not your kind of thread, ignore it.

Some people are very religious, and they have the right to talk. But I don't like how some people stand in the town talking about what Jesus had for tea. Not literally. But it is a bit too much sometimes, IMO.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Why should any flaming bother you, if you don't go into the threads? :) Just go into "safe" threads, ones that you KNOW you won't be offended by, and leave the worrying about flaming to those who go into the threads.

actually, the "Satanist" thread is an experiement

I'm not a Satanist, but I have read the SB.

I just wanted to see peoples reaction to me putting up a topic like that

Manveru,

I am a Laveyan Satanist and was wondering if anyone here is a Satanist.

I'm not a Satanist, but I have read the SB.

These are 2 direct quotes from you. Which one should we believe?

There seems to be more religious discussion now, but IMHO none of those topics should be banned, as long as the discussions all stay in their own threads (like any other topic), and there's no flaming.

There is too much religious talk in general-But then if you don't like it stay out of Kronos like i do

Most religious threads end up in flame wars?

Not recently.

Actually, since the big Kronos Scandals of this summer, the tone at STF has really settled back down to one of mutual respect and thoughtful discussions (for the most part).

As for my religious topics.

Religion interests me, as I am a Christian, and as long as VBG has no problems with my posts they will continue (and possibly increase in volume).

Nobody says you have to participate in the discussions my topics start, MANVERU.

Though you are always more than welcomed.

I think you have a bit more interest in them than you let on, and perhaps that is the source of your irritation and not the subject matter itself.

Anytime you want to learn more about the Lord and discuss Him, I'm here for you.

:)

In this forum, contrasted with other forums I've inhabited, the religious talk is civil and pretty respectful. These topics should be allowed to be discussed. If the flaming gets to you, check out for a moment and gather yourself. Big whup. Being made fun of on the internet. Riiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhtttttt

what i've seen so far is quite interesting.

Other forums can't control religious discussions, and they always end up in flaming, purely because everyone has their own opinion.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but some people don't see eye to eye...... well u get where I'm going with this.

Anyway, my point is, This board obviously has VERY mature members.

and for that i take a bow....

*Bows*

I don't think there should be a ban on religious topics, but come on! Earlier today of the top 10 topics with recent responces, 9 of them were about religion (The 10th was about the WWF.) and the topic contents often overlaped into other religious topics.

Some of the people responding to the religious topics often have insightful comments on other topics, so I don't want to "ignore" them. That would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. But can we exercise a little restraint in opening the topics in the first place?

This is first and formost a Star Trek site. That is why most of us are here. But when there are so many active topics about religion on our main page it is easy to get the wrong idea. Again I don't want to see a ban on religious topics, but if this becomes a religious-discussion site the moderators will be forced into that position.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

:assimilated:

Wow.....really? Nine out of ten?

I guess I wasn't paying attention earlier yesterday when I logged in here for a few minutes.

I would talk more Trek, but with Enterprise gone, and no new movies or anything, it's kind of hard to come up with topics that haven't already been posted a hundred different ways.

I sometimes actually feel guilty when I come here, make some posts and then realize that nothing I posted on was Trek related. :blush 2:

I don't want to be branded a Trek blasphemer, but maybe the board should consider developing into a general science fiction community?

Trek,Star Wars,Battlestar Galactica,Stargate,etc....

:P (I'm probably going to get hammered for that suggestion...oh oh)

I have to agree with the admiral that since the demise of ENT Trek issues are harder to discuss. Even when I've posted a couple I've gotten very little response. How many times can you ask the question "Is Trek Dead?"

Besides, we'd be like the proverbial ostrich with its head in the sand if we ignored the social/political issues prevalent in our various countries.

By that same token there hasn't been any new religious discussion topics in society at large since the new Pope came to power. Interesting that none of the religious topics deal anything with the new Pope. They all deal with religion and homosexuality, or creation vs. evolution, or under God in the Pledge of Aleigance, etc. These are hardly new issues. The one "new" topic I have seen in the last couple days is how (or if) religion affects how we vote. There have been a lot of new threads, but no really new topics.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I sometimes actually feel guilty when I come here, make some posts and then realize that nothing I posted on was Trek related. :blush 2:

I don't want to be branded a Trek blasphemer, but maybe the board should consider developing into a general science fiction community?

Trek,Star Wars,Battlestar Galactica,Stargate,etc....

355731[/snapback]

:assimilated: dw i only ever post in off-topic discussions. but you're right - there isn't really anything new to say. but i'm not really sure about startrekfans branching out into other sci fi shows. most of the existing members probably like it how it is, and although there may not be as much to talk about, we have a loyal group of fans whom we all know! :P