Sign in to follow this  
Rob

How did it start?

I dont think they ever fully explained how the whole Bajoran/Cardassian thing began, how did it began?, how did the Cardassians end up on Bajor? how did the Bajorans end up beign the Cardassians prisioners and workers and stuff?

I don't recall it ever being explained, not in an episode anyway. It may be in a background synopsis for the writers but never has been used that I have seen.

We know the occupation lasted about 50 years but the Bajorans and Cardassians have known eachother for about 800 years. Why they began the occupation I don't know.

I found this site though and it may help, it says the occupation was 40 years but I know there are episodes that say 50 and the dates in the below page add up to only 30 years so I trust the episodes rather then this site:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/415...stro/bajor.html

Also check this out, not a lot about the occupation but may help:

http://scorpion.startrek-rebellion.com/aca...on%20of%20Bajor

I am not at all sure but I think they started out as allies. Til one day the Cardassians were accused of some form of devilish act so to speak. This in turn desolved their friendship with Bajor. This caused a war and many were killed on both sides. The Cardassians took Bajorians and used them as slaves for their own horrorable deeds. I believe this how they became mortal enemies so long ago.

What can I say,I have a vivid imagination. :)

The Bajorans prayed to the Prophets to give the Cardassians greasy hair and big spoons in the middle of their heads. The Prophets granted their prayers and decided to suck the Cardassians' fabulous tans off as well. The Cardassians released a wrinkly nose virus into the Bajorans' air supply. The Bajorans were not pleased...

My 2 speculations.

1. From the Cardassian point of view:

It started when the Bajorians set sail and found Cardassia. The Cards probably put on a face of welcome to the Travelers and as a result, the B’s talked too much about the Home World, peaking the C’s interest about a lot of things, the B’s figured out too late they should have kept quiet and were probably tortured for as much info as could be wrung out of them, then killed.

The Cards then set out to find where they had come from, found Bajor and tried to act like it was a chance discovery, never saying anything about the Travelers that had come to Cardassia, Again, the trusting B’s fell for the C’s story hook line and stinker and talked too much, the Cards got wind of the Tears of the Phrophets. After much friendly wrangling to try and get their hands on the Tears with no luck the choice was made to occupy Bajor and search for the Orbs themselves and in the process, rape the planet of it’s resources as punishment to the Bajorians for not sharing in the first place.

2. From the B’s point of view:

Everything happened as stated above with one exception, the B’s understood their foolish actions were all part of the prophecies and were only playing dumb the whole time, baiting the C’s so the prophecies would be fulfilled.