Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Yillara_Soong

You Soong sisters really know how to claim the ranks don't you! Congrats Comander! :unsure:

Thanks, everyone! This has been SO much FUN! I don't believe I have talked so much to so many different people in my life, well, at least about Trek! Here you don't have to keep your mouth closed if you like Trek in any way, shape or form! At my schools (Elementary through high school) if you said Star and Trek in the same sentence you ran the risk of being tossed in a dumpster or locked in a closet!(Those kids were cruel!)

Thanks, everyone!  This has been SO much FUN! I don't believe I have talked so much to so many different people in my life, well, at least about Trek! Here you don't have to keep your mouth closed if you like Trek in any way, shape or form! At my schools (Elementary through high school) if you said Star and Trek in the same sentence you ran the risk of being tossed in a dumpster or locked in a closet!(Those kids were cruel!)

Congradulations. It will not be long before you become Captain. Hee hee

Ahhhhh, that is just awful. You got picked on for talking Trek. Being tossed in a dumpster or locked on a closet sucks *buttocks*.

I luckily never got picked on - people just rolled their eyes at me, oe me a geek. They didn't really care.

Here, it's all good, though! Conradulations once again. What's gonna happen when you guys run out of ranks to be promoted to?

I wonder if Data was perfectly happy to be lietenant commander forever?? (grrrrrrrrrrrr). Sorry. Anyways, captain sure seems like one of the most interesting starfleet jobs. What do admirals really do except go insane?

I wonder if Data was perfectly happy to be lietenant commander forever?? (grrrrrrrrrrrr). Sorry. Anyways, captain sure seems like one of the most interesting starfleet jobs. What do admirals really do except go insane?

O-K admirals going insane :D . . . .uh-oh after captain is :D ... No wait somebody already has called us Soong Sisters psycho before(on the ST.com board) so it is nothing new to us :lol: :D !

As for Data being happy being Lt. Commander permanently, I don't know, he never ever complained about the rank(at least from what we saw on TV and film). But, he SURE DESERVED to be promoted(grrrr :lol: ..)!

I think all of us Soongs mind very much. And as for assigned ships when we make Captain, that sounds interesting.

I guess this Data has to post more. I seem to be stuck at Lieut. Maybe someday I will burst out with a whole bunch of posts. I just would rather read what everyboday else has to say. I got to get inspired.

What does rank matter anyways? We're all here to enjoy the show and share our thoughts and feelings. As long as you're having fun, Data.

I guess this Data has to post more. I seem to be stuck at Lieut. Maybe someday I will burst out with a whole bunch of posts. I just would rather read what everyboday else has to say. I got to get inspired.

Recommend playing the fun games in Quark's Bar but DSBS is right. Having fun is the most important thing.

I agree. Data, that is mainly how dsbs, soong_girl and I got promoted so quickly. We participated in the games, when we were not chatting amongst ourselves, that is!

Yes, the games are a lot of fun. Though I've been mainly only in the Word Chain game.

As for the Ranks, it's just a fun way of keeping the Star Trek Theme through and through. We have many users that post sparingly but read most, if not all of the postings.

So post when you get the notion, but above all else enjoy!

Thanks, everyone!  This has been SO much FUN! I don't believe I have talked so much to so many different people in my life, well, at least about Trek! Here you don't have to keep your mouth closed if you like Trek in any way, shape or form! At my schools (Elementary through high school) if you said Star and Trek in the same sentence you ran the risk of being tossed in a dumpster or locked in a closet!(Those kids were cruel!)

COngratulations!!!!

And AWWW i feel so bad for how they treated people.. in elementary school people who liked trek got teasted.. but now in high school and me being a senior no one says a thing since they all know i luv it.. in fact i am dating a guy who likes it more then me.. hehe but still i think its just the fact on how people represent themselves.. like me and my bf were totalkly cool like we don;t go around in star fleet uniforms doing the vulcan hand signal or speak like em.. we just watch em and comment on em.. and well he says i look like Deanna *i do not think so* but i think he looks like will hehehe *hes a cutie*

but ALOT of my friends watch star trek too.. they all think its a very good show it shows what could be to come.. and if u like it i do not think u should hide it.. just don;t go to school in a star fleet uniform :lol:

hehehe

okies me done talking

~Lauren

COngratulations!!!!

And AWWW i feel so bad for how they treated people.. in elementary school people who liked trek got teasted.. but now in high school and me being a senior no one says a thing since they all know i luv it.. in fact i am dating a guy who likes it more then me.. hehe but still i think its just the fact on how people represent themselves.. like me and my bf were totalkly cool like we don;t go around in star fleet uniforms doing the vulcan hand signal or speak like em.. we just watch em and comment on em.. and well he says i look like Deanna *i do not think so* but i think he looks like will hehehe *hes a cutie*

but ALOT of my friends watch star trek too.. they all think its a very good show it shows what could be to come.. and if u like it i do not think u should hide it.. just don;t go to school in a star fleet uniform :D

hehehe

okies me done talking

~Lauren

Yep, in my late Junior-early Senior year I stopped hiding it. And now I am a College Senior, and have plenty of people here that love Trek as much as I do, that I can talk to! Especially my Sisters, we found each other on ST.com when we all were posting about our favorite Starfleet Officer!! And I even used to talk to a couple of my students about Trek, they thought they were the only people in the school that liked it, and I let them know that they were never alone!! And we had a ball! (At the time, I was 19, and they were 8 and 9) So I am no longer afraid to speak up about Star Trek!

No, I never did the uniform thing or Vulcan hand signals or anything, like you I comment and watch. Well, there is the fact that the new competitive leotard for my girls will look sorta like a Starfleet Uniform (the GIRLS picked it :D , and I liked it so I agreed to order it for them!!)

To let everyone know, I never was PERSONALLY dumped in a dumpster or locked in a closet. . .but, I was witness to a classmate get pushed in the closet for liking Deanna :lol: , and a boy get tossed in a trash can for loving Punky Brewster :D !! (And I have no idea where the teacher's attention, no....BRAINS were when these things occured :lol: !!!)

I luckily survived ridicule, well at least they never NOTCIED that I had TNG novels in my hand when I wasn't doing all my assignments up to 3 weeks ahead of the due date! Or, the fact that during my Junior year of H.S. I wore my First Contact T-shirt , quite proudly I might add!

I've never hidden it. I have great friends, and they all knew that they can't change me. I'm really lucky, actually - the stories I've heard. But there's no point in hiding it, I think. And if someone stops being friends with you for a reason like that then (as many have said) what sort of a friend are they?