Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Who will win it all in the Black and Blue Division

So, Who will win the NFC North? The division in the National Football League's National Football Conference that boasts the most intense rivalries? Who will be left standing in the land of the Black and the Blue? Who's been drinkin' all the Haterade?

Let me tell you who isn't going to win the NFC North. The Minnesota Viqueens...I mean Vikings. Daunte Culpepper is playing not like a seasoned veteran, but rather like steak seasoning. He's lobbed 8, count them, folks, EIGHT, interceptions in two games. He looks confused on the field, as if he's still expected #84 to jump up and grab his passes out of the hands of opponents. But, 84 in Purple is now 18 in black. The Vikings without Randy Moss look like a great big pile of Chicago Bear droppings.

Speaking of the Bears, surprise folks, they have a chance to win it. Maybe. They have the defense that noone else has. And, their Offense looks like it might have actually started clicking. But, that's what having Mushin Mohammed will do for you. He did it with the Panthers, and now he's doing it in Chi-town.

What about those Posers from Pontiac? The Detriot Lions looked like their namesakes against the Packers. But, against the Bears, they looked like a bunch of inept, catnip-sniffing (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)cats. Joey Harrington, if he played anywhere else, would be a career benchwarmer. Mooch, put Jeff Garcia in. Garcia with a broken leg has got to be an improvement over a healthy Joey Harrington.

Now, the Pack. They looked pretty bad against the Lions. They practically shot themselves in the collective foot last week with penalties. THis week, not so many penalties, but the loss of Javon Walker appears to be felt, though Donald Driver is stepping up. While the Packers are in the same boat as the Vikings, at 0-2, they have one advantage over the Purple Norsemen. Brett Favre looked as sharp as ever against the Browns. Again, though, Penalties hurt Green Bay's efforts, and their Defensive Secondary had more holes than a 1 pound block of Swiss Cheese. If any team can overcome their weaknesses, though, it is Green Bay. As long as #4 is manning the helm, this Packers team will not be out of contention. If ever there was proof, it was in the game against the Browns. Down 26-17 with 30 seconds to go, the Packers kept working. The Offense could have took a knee, but they drove down the field to the 4 yard line, where Brett Favre threw his 3rd Touchdown pass of the game. It was too little, too late for the Pack, but they did not give up. Perhaps this never-give-in spirit will be what allows Green Bay to prevail in a division that is more wide open than the Montana Sky.

The Packers started off Slow last week, and Farve does not do good in Domes, so I'm gonna go with the Packers, but I wouldnt be surprise, with the Division being as bad as it is this year that an XFL team might come in and win

LOL

Lol. By the way, for those who STILL think Daunte Culpepper can get the job done....

Daunte Culpepper has the following stat line... 43 Comp, 469 Yds, 0 TD 8 INT

That is like Joey Harrington style numbers. He's also given away two fumbles.

Brett Favre's stats look like this:59 Comp, 543 Yds, 3TDs, 4 INTs And Brett has given away 1 fumble. And people still think Culpepper is a better QB?

My upset special pick for this week is the Monday Night game, Green Bay 24, Carolina 21. a Ryan Longwell Field Goal in the last...Oh, 2 minutes to win.

I was just reading the comments on Y! Sports, and there are starting to be whispers, quiet, barely noticable ones, of a Packers resurgence this season. Remember, The Packers have only played 2 division games this season, and now everything is starting to click. If the predictions are right, Green Bay wins, the Bears lose, well, hell Green bay is only 3 games back. And they haven't played the Bears at all yet...