Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Possible Bad News For Evil Dead Fans

read this horrific article!

Ashton Kutcher to star in Evil Dead remake?

Posted Sep 15, 2005, 1:00 PM ET by Karina Longworth

Filed under: Casting, RumorMonger, Horror

I'm not sure what part of this is worse news for Bruce Campbell fans – that Ashton Kutcher is reportedly starring in the Evil Dead remake, or that the classic camp horror gem is being remade in the first place. For those worried about how the remake is going to be handled, you might take some comfort in the fact that Campbell and original Dead director Sam Raimi are both producing the remake. But how do you reconcile Ashton as Ash? Demi's boyfriend hasn't confirmed the rumor, but he has made it into the remake's IMDB profile, and that's enough to rile up the kids at JoBlo: "Personally, I'd rather not have one of my most beloved horror films ever dragged into this Hollywood machine to be remade," writes Pat Torfe. "As for Kutcher, if he indeed is in the film, there's only room for one Ashley J. Williams in my book, and that man is Bruce Campbell." What do you guys think?

I can't picture Kutcher as Ash at all. If this is true, hopefully Sam and Bruce made the right choice. But I agree, there will only be one Ash and it truly is BC.

I'm no big fan of Ashton (The Butterfly Effect is his only film I like) but he may make a good Ash, depends on his characterization of Ash I suppose; if he plays Ash as Ash then ok but if he shows up as Kutcher then yuk.

With BC and SR on the project chances are it'll be good so I'll give the remake a chance but if it sucks it's no big deal to me, I'll always have the original.

I'm not a big fan of Ashton Kutcher, actually I don't really like him at all, so I'm not overjoyed about hearing him cast in the remake. In saying that though I think it's an awful idea to remake 'Evil Dead' in the first place.

I have no problem with a remake, but I just hope that they stick to the original movie, and Sam has given his word that fans won't be disappointed, but we'll have to wait and see.

I just can't picture Ashton being as wise-cracking as Bruce, luckily Ash wasn't that way in the first movie since I don't think Kutcher would be good at it

Why would you make a Evil Dead movie without Bruce Campbell? And with Ashton Kutcher of all people

YUCK

NO MORE BAD REMAKES!!!

I won't watch it,if Kutcher is playing Ash.

To be honest,I probably wouldn't watch it anyway.

I hate remakes of great old films (especially horror films which are near and dear to my heart).

The only horror remakes I can think of that I liked were "Night of the Living Dead" (1990) because Tony Todd and Patricia Tallman nailed their performances."Dawn of the Dead" (2004), Sarah Polley,Ving Rhames,and others on that cast were enjoyable to watch...and the story had an interesting new direction, and Thirteen Ghosts (2001) because I am a fan of both Tony Shaloub and Matthew Lillard.

if this turns out to be a complete remake of the first movie, then Ash would only be a side character. He and Scott together were the main heroes, except in the first movie Ash was kind of wimpy. Scott is actually the brave one of the original movie.

Ash didn't become the smart mouth, deadite killin' hero we all love until Evil Dead 2

Sam Raimi is writing the script for the new movie and is overseeing it. And Bruce is producing it, they have promised to would make fans happy.

If it flops, Evil Dead is dead to the new generation

I just saw the movie. I am unimpressed. Awesome camera angles though. Anyway, Ashton will not make a good Ash. I see him more playing Scotty.

^ you need to watch ED2, that where the brilliance really sets in.

Sean William Scott should play Scotty. There were rumors originally that the guy who played Xander on the Buffy TV series was going to be Ash. He would be a better pick just because he looks more like Bruce Campbell.

I could see SWS and Xander as Scotty and Ash

Evil Dead 2 and the third movie Army of Darkness are comedy/horror movies. That's what makes them so brilliant. So they could throw in jokes every here and there, because the long time fans know about the humor in 2 of the three movies

anyone else notice that the guy who played Scotty in the original Evil Dead looks like Harrison Ford? :)

Edited by Gamera

you go watch it and then come back and you won't be thinking the same thing, believe me. :sus:

I can't think of anyone who has watched Evil Dead 2 and hasn't liked it. Go now, go see it and we will see your response afterwards, lol :)

I just wished you lived close to where I do so I could give you the DVD I have right now, sadly I can't :)

The only thing funny in the first one was the botanal rape. If only I recorded commentaries while watching movies for the first time...

I got Evil Dead 2. I'm taking an awful risk, Gamera. This had better work. :)

There were rumors originally that the guy who played Xander on the Buffy TV series was going to be Ash. He would be a better pick just because he looks more like Bruce Campbell.

354246[/snapback]

Nicholas Brenden. He'd Do A Great Ash. Xander Was Just As Big Of A Smart***,lol

Concerning The Remake...The Fact That Sam Ramai And Bruce Campbell Are Involved Gives Me Hope.

I Also Read That They Wanna Do Evil Dead 4, With Bruce Campbell As Ash. Any Truth To That Ya Think?

There were rumors originally that the guy who played Xander on the Buffy TV series was going to be Ash. He would be a better pick just because he looks more like Bruce Campbell.

354246[/snapback]

Nicholas Brenden. He'd Do A Great Ash. Xander Was Just As Big Of A Smart***,lol

Concerning The Remake...The Fact That Sam Ramai And Bruce Campbell Are Involved Gives Me Hope.

I Also Read That They Wanna Do Evil Dead 4, With Bruce Campbell As Ash. Any Truth To That Ya Think?

356268[/snapback]

according to his website here they all want to do Evil Dead 4, but no one has the time with Sam doing Spider-Man. And Bruce said that he won't play Ash again unless Sam is directing, but who knows