Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

New Planet Found

Nearly 110 extrasolar planets — planets orbiting stars other than the sun — have been found within the past decade, but none really resembled our solar system until now, Penny said.

"Until Now" Woo Hoo! That's Great News! ;) They Got One, Like Ours! Yippee! ;)

I loved this article thanks for sharing!!!!! I am so thrilled that the number of discovered is over a 100 now!!

Stardate:213504.9

Chataeya you seem worried over the idea of another Earth like planet.I myself am excitied.The possibility of an earthlike planet means the possibility of other life in the universe.I say right on :) to those scientists!!!!!!

The day we find life out there other than our own.And belive me that day will come.I will be the first one throughing a party to celebrate!!!!!! :bow:

Neat!

A Jupiter like planet orbiting HD70642

It seems like this Jupiter like planet is about twice the mass of Jupiter and its location is about the same distance to its star as Jupiter is the sun

The more planets and solar systems that are found the more we really can compute how common an Earth like planet is or how rare it is.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

:borg2: Thanks for the link....

I love reading things like this,and often clip such articles out of the local paper to keep in a scrap book....

;)