Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

Fury

Has anyone else seen the episode 'Fury'? It is AMAZING! In the episode Kes returns to Voyager as an old woman detremined to destroy Voyager and all of its crew. She uses her phsycic abilities to travel back in time to when Voyager was a scarce 53 or so days in the Delta quadrant. There she plans to disrupt the timeline by helping Voyager's enemy's at the time (I've forgotten their names, they need to harvest organs to stay alive) and gain passage for herself and the younger Kes, whom she plans to place on ther homeworld. There is far more plot than this, this being just a brief strucure to save time and to not ruin it for anyone else. (It's really that good!)

Not only is this an excellent show in its own right and that it advances Kes's character, It illustrates just how far Voyager has come, in plot obviously but oh so much in the development of characters. For instance, it is facinating to see the Federation and Marquis divison, the isolation of the Captain from her crewmembers and most importantly the treatment of the Doctor. His plight for equal treatment and indeed his character has been an gradual evolution over all the series. Its shocking how different his regard for the crew and their regard for him in comparison from a couple of years on. There is some great acting here and there is no lethargy which slowly became apparent in the storylines. There is no smiles and jokes in a quaint Irish village. (Earlier VOY episode, another great one!). Here is a crew struggling to cope with being suddenly marooned, their lives, family and everything they knew hundreds of years away and they are being hunted for their lives. Dark, grim, gritty and very, very tense.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was that Kes was an old woman. She's 6 years old and it was established in "Before and After" that she wouldn't show signs of old age till she turned 8. Other than that, yes, excellent episode. There's 3 goofs though! :laugh:

Goof 1: Chakotay's hair isn't short with speckled gray

Goof 2: B'Elanna of the past was nice when she found Kes near the warp core... back then, she would'a bit her head off! :laugh:

Goof 3: At the end, Janeway says such'n such (avoiding a spoiler) happened 3 years ago, when she "should" have said 6 years ago.

Oh, and the aliens names were "Vidiians".

Sasooni, when did you start watching Voyager?

;) Sorry ensign, this was one of my least favorite episodes. To me it just didn't "Jive" with the Kes that left Voyager.....the character that loved her fellow crewmen so much that her final gift as she left the ship was to throw Voyager 10 light years closer to earth.....a Kes who had almost a daughter like relationship with Captain Janeway. It just didn't seem logical to me that she'd somehow in her mind turned into this villan type that wanted revenge.on everyone........again this is just my opinion. But I did enjoy reading your "take" on the episode.......By the way, Welcome to the boards. ;)

;) Sorry ensign, this was one of my least favorite episodes.  To me it just didn't "Jive" with the Kes that left Voyager.....the character that loved her fellow crewmen so much that her final gift as she left the ship was to throw Voyager 10 light years closer to earth.....a Kes who had almost a daughter like relationship with Captain Janeway.  It just didn't seem logical to me that she'd somehow in her mind turned into this villan type that wanted revenge.on everyone........again this is just my opinion.  But I did enjoy reading your "take" on the episode.......By the way, Welcome to the boards. ;)

I have to agree that for me too, it was hard to see Kes that way.

How a so good natured person can turn so bad...

It's so hard to figure

;) Sorry ensign, this was one of my least favorite episodes.  To me it just didn't "Jive" with the Kes that left Voyager.....the character that loved her fellow crewmen so much that her final gift as she left the ship was to throw Voyager 10 light years closer to earth.....a Kes who had almost a daughter like relationship with Captain Janeway.  It just didn't seem logical to me that she'd somehow in her mind turned into this villan type that wanted revenge.on everyone........again this is just my opinion.  But I did enjoy reading your "take" on the episode.......By the way, Welcome to the boards. ;)

I have to agree that for me too, it was hard to see Kes that way.

How a so good natured person can turn so bad...

It's so hard to figure

Did Kes really do that? Unfortunately I've never seen the episdoe where she exits Voyager, an episode I am dying to watch as Kes was my favourite character in the early seasons.

Kes wasn't bad, she was just in a lot of pain and felt that she needed to blame someone. ;) We see her 'good' side for an instant a couple of times and at the end she becomes nice. *yay* ;)

(To the Cap'in) I have been watching Voyager off and on since it first aired, when I was a mere 7 years old. Awwwwwww. I have been watching it consistently for about 8 months now.

(To Gotabite) Ensign?!? I am insulted! I shall soon take a rank no lower then that of Lt. Commander. Now, I shall go forth and POST... :)

It's so hard to figure

Did Kes really do that? Unfortunately I've never seen the episdoe where she exits Voyager, an episode I am dying to watch as Kes was my favourite character in the early seasons.

(To Gotabite) Ensign?!? I am insulted! I shall soon take a rank no lower then that of Lt. Commander. Now, I shall go forth and POST... ;)

The Voyager episode you should watch is called "The Gift". Next........I'm not taking offense, but, I didn't give you the rank of Ensign, that is what is written beside your name/ID . We earn rank here on this web site based on the number of posts we have on the boards. ;) :)

It's so hard to figure

(To Gotabite) Ensign?!? I am insulted! I shall soon take a rank no lower then that of Lt. Commander. Now, I shall go forth and POST... ;)

The Voyager episode you should watch is called "The Gift". Next........I'm not taking offense, but, I didn't give you the rank of Ensign, that is what is written beside your name/ID . We earn rank here on this web site based on the number of posts we have on the boards. ;);)

Great, thanks for the tip.

I know you didn't give me the rank of Ensign and I know how the ranking system goes. When I said 'Now, I shall go forth and post...' I meant I was going to post a lot to get to a higher rank. I wasn't really insulted. (that explains the ;) , I couldn't find a sarcasam emoticon) Sorry for any confusion. It's often hard to get emotions across using type.

Signing out

*beep*

:)

Personally, I'd love to see a novel written about what happen to KES after she left VOY, seems to me a great story is begging to be written about that.

Edited by Alterego

I know you didn't give me the rank of Ensign and I know how the ranking system goes. When I said 'Now, I shall go forth and post...' I meant I was going to post a lot to get to a higher rank. I wasn't really insulted. (that explains the  ;) , I couldn't find a sarcasam emoticon) Sorry for any confusion. It's often hard to get emotions across using type.

Signing out

*beep*

;)

;) All is cool!!!!!! :)

Personally, I'd love to see a novel written about what happen to KES after she left VOY, seems to me a great story is begging to be written about that.

I agree..

That would be really interesting...

I really wonder why they didn't tell much more about it...

*Trying to think of hypothesis about that...*

Hehehe... I actually plan on writing a 2-part movie script to try and submit to Paramount since there's no movie plans. Part 1 would be a continuation of "Fury" while Part 2 would be a continuation of "Endgame". Anyone interrested in the general plot?

B)  :bow:  :)  B) :bow:  :)

Talking of which, does anyone know what Voyager books there are available?

A bunch.

Some that I recomend:

Pathways; it explains how the crew wound up on Voyager and the paths their lives took to get there.

Mosaic; Pathways included everyone's story except Janeway's. This is her story, every other chapter is her past, while the others are what is going on that is making her reflect on her life.

Homecoming; Book one of two, it is what happens after Endgame.

The Farther Shore: Book two of two. Just finished reading it...Wow. That's all I have to say. Great book, can't say much without giving it away. :bow: