Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Trigger-happy Captains

Among all the series' captains we know, who in your opinion would you consider the most trigger-happy?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Among all the series' captains we know, who in your opinion would you consider the most trigger-happy?

• Archer
    • Kirk
    • Picard
    • Sisko
    • Janeway
    • None

I've not decided myself yet. I'll need to discuss it with myself and think it over a couple of day. In the meantime, please share who you think and why?

I would have to say Archer. Picard was always looking for the most peaceful way out of a situation and Kirk and Sisko were a bit aggressive, but were still looking for niceness. Archer is wild and loose cannon.

Really? I thought it would either be Kirk or Sisko. I've not watched enough of ENT to know Archer better. That's why I'm still deciding. I'm pretty surprise the first response would be Archer.

Let wait and see what others think.

I've not watched enough of ENT to know Archer better

Same thing with me and Janeway. But she seems pretty Kirkish from the few episodes I've seen.

I don't think any of them were trigger happy. I'm not that familiar with DS9 so I can't judge Sisko. As for Picard, Archer, Kirk and Janeway, I can't really think of any episodes where they opened fire without provocation.

I'm going to add none of them as an option.

I'll have to go with Archer. He fired a few shots the other captains wouldn't have even considered.

Besides:

Kirk... I'm not as familiar with TOS.

Picard valued diplomacy more.

Sisko didn't even have a station that could FIRE weapons til... what... season 3 or 4? :rolleyes:

Janeway usually got fired at first.

I just watched all of Voyager, and there were a few shots Janeway should have taken, but didn't. I would say Voyager didn't fire on anyone who didn't deserve it. Heck, they didn't fire on many who did deserve it.

Picard wasn't afraid to return fire, but he didn't go looking for fights.

I don't think any captain in Trek is trigger-happy, and I've seen enough episodes of all of the series to know that. But if anyone would be, I would say Kirk. That's why I went ahead and voted for him

Kirk

Seemed to be a guy who relied on his cunning rather than firepower.

Picard

Always tried diplomacy first, but never hesistated to use firepower when all else had failed.

Sisko

The most trigger happy. But then again his environment dictated an aggressive attitude.

* Since VOY and ENT totally suck, I have ignored the existence of Janeway and Archer.

Edited by HRH The KING

Archer. His time was the toughest for not having a good set of rules to follow, that IMO made his job more difficult than others had it. It could be (& has been) said that he has, in comparison to later Captains, acted more quickly in some situations so for that goes my vote.

Archer probably if I'm forced to choose one. He was probably the quickest to fire but hardly what I'd call trigger-happy.

Kirk

Seemed to be a guy who relied on his cunning rather than firepower.

Picard

Always tried diplomacy first, but never hesistated to use firepower when all else had failed.

Sisko

The most trigger happy. But then again his environment dictated an aggressive attitude.

* Since VOY and ENT totally suck, I have ignored the existence of Janeway and Archer.

347659[/snapback]

Funny. I always thought Picard was more cunning.