Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Could you deal with torture?

I just watched SG1, Evolution parts I & II, where Dr. Jackson and Dr. Lee were held prisoner by Honduran rebels and tortured for information. Of course Dr. Jackson, ever the hero, said nothing but Dr. Lee spilled the beans.

I'm looking at this thinking - I would crack for sure.

Of course, in season nine there's a scene with Daniel and Replicarter where he says "I'll tell you anything you want - just don't hurt me"

I don't even like to think about it. :rolleyes:

After what I've been through over the last 21 months, I may be somewhat better at coping with it, but I'd still turn into a blubbering basket case eventually.

Edited by BakulaBabe

Anyone ever watched the late 60s TV series called The Prisoner?

That whole show dealt with trying to crack the hero/anti-hero No.6, in order to obtain the information as to why he resigned from his secret agency.

And they do this through a variety of methods in a rather surreal and symbolic manner (depending on what you think 6 symbolises).

For instance, he's segregated into an old-style seaside town that's packed solid with electronic surveillance hardware.

This is the Village. There, you are no longer called by your name but a number you've been assigned. Just like a certain show's theme-song went... They've given you a number and taken away your name..

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in seeing one of the best cult shows in history. :rolleyes:

Edited by DrWho42

Anyone ever watched the late 60s TV series called The Prisoner?

That whole show dealt with trying to crack the hero/anti-hero No.6, in order to obtain the information as to why he resigned from his secret agency.

And they do this through a variety of methods in a rather surreal and symbolic manner (depending on what you think 6 symbolises).

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in seeing one of the best cult shows in history. :rolleyes:

347171[/snapback]

Excellent show! Now I'm wondering if I could endure mental torture any better than physical torture. Either way, I'd be in trouble.

Never having experienced severe, throbbing, near-unberable pain, I have no idea. I'd like to say I could because I handle pain pretty well most of the time, but then again... I might crack in 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

I believe I could handle torture however I don't think anybody can really be sure until they're put to the test.

I suppose I could. I'll just act like Jinx.

"Who sent you?"

"Your momma. And she told me to tell you she is very disappointed in you."

I think it would depend on what I was being tortured over.

If it had to do with protecting my family, then yes, I'd be able to survive.

To things that have screwed me over, not been honest with me, hurt me, I'd most likely take it for a time and then give them up.

I've been married for 21 years..............I can endure anything..........

Just joking of course...... :D

Myself I think that it would depend alot on what information they were trying to gain and how important it was to me not to give it up. If it were something that I cared deeply about or would cost lives then I think that I would do fairly well, but if it were something that would not cost lives or was not as important to me personally I would probably crack fairly quickly. Of course I could never know unless presented with the situation.

I don't know, maybe. I have a pretty high pain tolerance (I used to be a cutter, and still have some pretty nasty knife and burn scars. After a while, it just stopped hurting). Then again, there's more than just physical pain and torture...

I could probably survive. I'm very stubborn. Although, they would probably go for my left shoulder, the one I had surgery on. That might make it difficult.

I have a very high threshold for pain.

yes i could. unless they had someone i cared about . thats a different story