Sign in to follow this  
Temporal Insurgent

Favorite alternate timelines

Of all the many alternate realities and possible timelines in the various incarnations of Trek, which is your favorites?

Mine are the mirror universe, the 'future' in the TNG episode "Future Imperfect", and the alternate enterprises in the TNG episode "Parallels"

(But I really love them all :rolleyes: )

I agree completely, I loved the alternate future in "Future Imperfect", too... Jean-Luc with that beard... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I also sort of liked the alternate timeline in "Yesterday's Enterprise". :lol:

A lot are good. But I like the Anti-Time future from "All Good Things", where Data is a professor of Physics at Cambridge (probably spelled that wrong :blush 2: ) versus the end he met in Nemesis in the correct timeline. I liked the storylines that seemed to have formed in that timeline.

"Yesterday's Enterprise"'s timeline seemed to be quite interesting as well

A lot are good. But I like the Anti-Time future from "All Good Things", where Data is a professor of Physics at Cambridge (probably spelled that wrong :blush 2: ) versus the end he met in Nemesis in the correct timeline. I liked the storylines that seemed to have formed in that timeline.

346929[/snapback]

I really liked the banter between Data and his housekeeper, Jessel.

Jessel: "If your really his friends, you'll get him to take that grey out of his hair..."

Data: "Jessel.."

Jessel:"...looks like a bloody skunk."

Data: "She can be frightfully trying at time, but she makes me laugh."

but I still like "Future Imperfect" better, Data finally becomes first officer.

and we have the beginings of a Federation/Romulan peace without a dead Senate or Shinzon and the Remans. :rolleyes:

Well, I prefer a future where Trip lives and becomes Captain rather than dying.

347146[/snapback]

Well, to be honest, with all the "Temporal Coldwar" stuff that went on, can we really be sure that anything that we saw in the last episode happened in the 'real' timeline? Do we KNOW that Trip didn't survive?

Could the Enterprise series itself BE an alternate timeline?

Edited by Temporal Insurgent

Well, from the first episode, the timeline was already being tampered with.

What information we had indicated that first contact with the Klingons happened around 2218, but we see it take place in 2150.

But why? The klingon was fleeing the Suliban who had become a threat thanks to technology from 'future guy'.

So, without the future-influenced Suliban, it might well have taken another 68 years before contact. (space IS mighty big afterall)

Not to mention that the technology of Enterprise seems far more advanced than one might expect.

However, both Zephram Cochrane and Lily Sloane were influenced by their contact with the Enterprise-e and her crew.

For all we know, the entire timeline was altered, and if there was a ship launched in the mid 22nd century it may have been very different.

Well, from the first episode, the timeline was already being tampered with.

What information we had indicated that first contact with the Klingons happened around 2218, but we see it take place in 2150.

347208[/snapback]

The date 2218 is not canon but that's a debate for another thread. LOL

I can't pick a favourite. There were so many good episodes in all of the series.

346929[/snapback]

I really liked the banter between Data and his housekeeper, Jessel.

Jessel: "If your really his friends, you'll get him to take that grey out of his hair..."

Data: "Jessel.."

Jessel:"...looks like a bloody skunk."

Data: "She can be frightfully trying at time, but she makes me laugh."

Yes, I can agree with that. For a long while after that my mom and I would be talking about Trek in general.. then Mom would refer to Data as "Old Skunkhead" :o

but I still like "Future Imperfect" better, Data finally becomes first officer.

and we have the beginings of a Federation/Romulan peace without a dead Senate or Shinzon and the Remans. :rolleyes:

True, Maybe that future was not so "Imperfect" then :) B)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

It's not so much an alternate reality/timeline, but in the Voyager episode where the Doctor is revived in the future, and everyone thinks Voyager was an evil warship... the Evil Voyager alternate reality was pretty neat. :D

It's not so much an alternate reality/timeline, but in the Voyager episode where the Doctor is revived in the future, and everyone thinks Voyager was an evil warship... the Evil Voyager alternate reality was pretty neat. :D

347561[/snapback]

I love that episode of Voyager!

The version of the crew as written by the Doctor in "Author, Author" is pretty good too.

Could the Enterprise series itself BE an alternate timeline?

347156[/snapback]

I've often suspected that about Enterprise myself!

My favorite alternate timeline is the one from Enterprise (big surprise) :D , but they're all good.