Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Gonna start watching DS9 all the way through

I don't know a whole lot about him either, other then that he's a singer. Anyway he plays a Vorta in "The Magnificent Ferengi".

It says Yeldrun is played by him. Yeldrun is probably my favorite Vorta. The guy who plays him is a singer? I've never heard of him, but I like his voice.

358975[/snapback]

Yeah, he was Yelgrun. I know nothing at all about his music, but looking at his website I don't think his is my kind of music so it's not surprising lol

http://www.iggypop.com/

I think I have seen parts of "You Are Cordially Invited" before when it was on TV. It was like deja vu watching Dax's and the mens' trials before the wedding. Dax's age is confirmed -- 356 years -- and that as Curzon was ambassador to the Klingon empire, and helped the Kitomer (Sp?) Accords pass before Worf's birth. Did you notice, at the end, Bashir just couldn't wait to have at Worf and Jadzia with those padded sticks?

"Resurrection" was OK... sort of but not really a mirror universe episode. Mirror Bareil and Mirror Kira conspiring to steal one of the Orbs from the station. Makes me wonder what happened to the orb during the Dominion occupation... maybe they just got it out of there in a hurry?

Good call VBG, close to where I was... Anson Williams directed "Statistical Probabilities". Interesting episode, too. Four geniuses, genetically modified like Bashir (but not as well... they're all crazy) visit the station to observe one of their own living a "normal" life, and end up making some startling observations, then predictions, about the Dominion. Good ep all around, though the one called Jack was annoying from time to time.

"The Magnificent Ferengi" was another decent Ferengi episode, better than some of the others. Quark, Rom, Nog, and three other Ferengi go on a rescue mission, to retreive Quark and Rom's mother (moogie) from the Dominion. Empok Nor (from the episode of the same name) and Vorta Keevan (from Rocks and Shoals) were both reused in this episode. Could have been a lot worse... and the ending was pretty funny.

"Waltz" was OK. Sisko and Dukat trapped on a planet, Dukat hallucinating and trying to justify his war crimes on Bajor. If Dukat's serious about taking out a personal vendetta against Bajor, I can see why so many people here consider him so bad. Up until now... well, up until the second occupation of DS9, Dukat hasn't been that bad, at least not within the episodes. This episode shows him worse than he's ever been.

Now "Who Mourns for Morn" was a very strange episode. Morn is like DS9's Silent Bob (reference for Jo's benefit). Dude never talks, just does gestures. The difference between Silent Bob and Morn, though, is according to all the characters, Morn actually talks (and spars with Worf) off-camera; he's only mute on-camera. Morn is reported dead, and everything gets left to Quark, who finds that Morn has a thousand bricks of gold-pressed latinum in a bank... and four odd characters all want part of it. And we learn that about a half liquid ounce of latinum (a liquid at room temperature) is about 100 bricks worth of gold-pressed latinum. So the gold is worthless in the 24th century, but it holds the latinum. Which makes me wonder how worthless gold bricks without latinum really are. And even if they aren't, they still are if you can convince someone they're real. I've been stuck with money I thought was... not real... just small bills, but cashiers will often pass it off as change, between other bills, rather than answer for it at the end of their shift. Likewise, you can pass it back at a store between bills. It's technically illegal, but counterfeit or otherwise invalid* money still gets circulated. (One way to invalidate American money is to tear off two of the four value numbers in the corners.)

I think I have seen parts of "You Are Cordially Invited" before when it was on TV.  It was like deja vu watching Dax's and the mens' trials before the wedding.  Dax's age is confirmed -- 356 years -- and that as Curzon was ambassador to the Klingon empire, and helped the Kitomer (Sp?) Accords pass before Worf's birth.  Did you notice, at the end, Bashir just couldn't wait to have at Worf and Jadzia with those padded sticks?

I watched that episode last night and had to rewind the very end about 5 times and roll laughing every time I see Bashir's face and that "primal scream" as he goes after Worf. Classic moment lol.

Good call VBG, close to where I was... Anson Williams directed "Statistical Probabilities".  Interesting episode, too.  Four geniuses, genetically modified like Bashir (but not as well... they're all crazy) visit the station to observe one of their own living a "normal" life, and end up making some startling observations, then predictions, about the Dominion.  Good ep all around, though the one called Jack was annoying from time to time.

This one is an amusing episode, you'll see those 4 again.

"The Magnificent Ferengi" was another decent Ferengi episode, better than some of the others.  Quark, Rom, Nog, and three other Ferengi go on a rescue mission, to retreive Quark and Rom's mother (moogie) from the Dominion.  Empok Nor (from the episode of the same name) and Vorta Keevan (from Rocks and Shoals) were both reused in this episode.  Could have been a lot worse... and the ending was pretty funny.

I love it when Nog checks Moogie to see if she's a changling or not then she beats him over the head to check him. Rom says 'That's not how you test a changling' and she trys to get the knife lol.

I also love it when they are practicing their assault and Lek shoots Moogie to "put her out of her misery" and Nog's reaction... "and you shot Moogie!"lol

Now "Who Mourns for Morn" was a very strange episode.  Morn is like DS9's Silent Bob (reference for Jo's benefit).  Dude never talks, just does gestures.  The difference between Silent Bob and Morn, though, is according to all the characters, Morn actually talks (and spars with Worf) off-camera; he's only mute on-camera.  Morn is reported dead, and everything gets left to Quark, who finds that Morn has a thousand bricks of gold-pressed latinum in a bank... and four odd characters all want part of it.  And we learn that about a half liquid ounce of latinum (a liquid at room temperature) is about 100 bricks worth of gold-pressed latinum.  So the gold is worthless in the 24th century, but it holds the latinum.  Which makes me wonder how worthless gold bricks without latinum really are.  And even if they aren't, they still are if you can convince someone they're real.  I've been stuck with money I thought was... not real... just small bills, but cashiers will often pass it off as change, between other bills, rather than answer for it at the end of their shift.  Likewise, you can pass it back at a store between bills.  It's technically illegal, but counterfeit or otherwise invalid* money still gets circulated.  (One way to invalidate American money is to tear off two of the four value numbers in the corners.)

359020[/snapback]

Morn was designed after the Cheers character Norm, the lovable guy at the end of the bar that everyone likes. The spelling of his name was just re-arrainged from Norm to Morn. The (the writers) did that on purpose. This is another of those fun episodes that really has nothing to do with the Dominion arc but it adds character to the show.

Some of the rest of season 6 that you have to look forward to...

"Far Beyond the Stars" An excellent story that is loved by most Niners.

"One Little Ship" Another excellent story with the Jem'hadar

"Honor Among Thieves" I mentioned this earlier, a good O'Brien episode that will indirectly come into play in a season 7 episode.

"Wrongs Darker than Death or Night" Good Kira episode

"Inquisition" Excellent and important episode for....

Click For Spoiler

"In The Pale Moonlight" I think you may have heard of this one lol

"His Way" Vic Fontain is introduced, I grew to love Vic episodes

The others are good in their own ways but these are some of my favorites from the season.

I haven't watched "Tears of the Prophets" a lot, it's a good one but there's just something about it that makes me not want to watch it very often... you'll find out why lol

Well, I've seen a few spoilers, just from reading the board. I know

Click For Spoiler
Jadzia dies at the end of Season 6
because 1. There's a new Dax in Season 7, and 2. Major characters are added and removed at season changes, 2a. Voyager Season 4, remove Kes, add Seven, 2b. DS9 Season 4, add Worf... and you don't introduce
Click For Spoiler
a new Dax without the old one dying

Morn was designed after the Cheers character Norm, the lovable guy at the end of the bar that everyone likes.
But how lovable is Morn, really? He just sits there and nods occasionally. Does he ever get a single spoken line? I don't like him much. I don't dislike him, he's just there.

I watched that episode last night and had to rewind the very end about 5 times and roll laughing every time I see Bashir's face and that "primal scream" as he goes after Worf. Classic moment lol.

I love it when Nog checks Moogie to see if she's a changling or not then she beats him over the head to check him. Rom says 'That's not how you test a changling' and she trys to get the knife lol.

I also love it when they are practicing their assault and Lek shoots Moogie to "put her out of her misery" and Nog's reaction... "and you shot Moogie!"lol

All classic moments. :lol:

I'd consider having your debts paid off as a profit lol
I conceded this at first, then thought about it... In business, anyway, profit is what you have after cost. Cost is the business's overhead, what they put out for electrical, water, and employees. A business is always in debt to its employees, a debt it resolves every week, or every two weeks, more commonly. So Quark was in the red... the arms smuggler paid off his debts, getting him out of the red... and thus he broke even. No profit... true, he had more than he had before (zero versus negative something) but zero isn't "profit"... There's probably a Rule of Acquisition to back me on this, but beyond that, I suppose it's subjective definitions... but I remember that from business studies in high school. B)

Well, I've seen a few spoilers, just from reading the board.  I know
Click For Spoiler
Jadzia dies at the end of Season 6
because 1. There's a new Dax in Season 7, and 2. Major characters are added and removed at season changes, 2a. Voyager Season 4, remove Kes, add Seven, 2b. DS9 Season 4, add Worf... and you don't introduce
Click For Spoiler
a new Dax without the old one dying

359072[/snapback]

Yeah, this place does that :lol: . I learned a whole lot I shouldn't have.

Oh, let it be known that I was not complaining. This board's been great. Even with a few spoilers here and there, I've had a great experience. I watched NINE DS9 episodes today... obsess much? And as per my usual habit, I posted in Editpad (souped-up Notepad) as I watched them. Here goes...

"Far Beyond the Stars" was a very different episode. Contemplating resignation, Sisko begins an hallucination in which he and the other main characters (Dax, O'Brien, Kira, Bashir, Odo, Quark, Worf, Kassidy, and Jake and Joseph Sisko as well) are in the 1950s, most working for a science fiction magazine. Nog and Dukat make brief appearances, but it's hard to tell with a couple of them as all actors are completely out of uniform. Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, Kira, Jake, and Joseph are pretty obvious. You can tell Odo by his voice. You'd only know Kassidy if you'd seen a few or more of her episodes. Worf is hard to tell as well; the voice is a little different. Nog is right in the beginning, a short little dude at a newspaper stand. And a guy who appears once in the magazine's office, I think is Dukat. Quark's surprisingly easy to identify. This one was good, but racial issues always bothered me.

I really, really liked "One Little Ship". Now that was amusing. A shrunk Runabout (Rubicon) with Dax, O'Brien, and Bashir infiltrates a full-size Defiant where Jem'hadar have taken Sisko, Kira, Worf, Nog, and several nameless crewmen hostage, and hilarity ensues. This is the first we hear of Alpha JH versus Gamma JH, and the rivalry between them. Also, a JH passes out the white without a Vorta present, and dismisses the otherwise mandatory "we serve the Founders" speech. Interesting, interesting. O'Brien and Bashir inside the computer was a little silly, especially since they could have asked Dax for more air when they were running low. This was a good episode, though, one of the better ones, if only for the amusement value.

"Honor Among Thieves", another good one. O'Brien infiltrates the Orion Syndicate to find out who their mole in Starfleet is. They don't quite come out and say it, but then, O'Brien wasn't there... he wouldn't have made the connection. Bashir would have. Bilby (the Syndicate man) tells O'Brien that they had the mole

Click For Spoiler
set the weather controls on Risa to rain. That was in a previous episode, "Let He Who is Without Sin". The guy in question headed an extremist movement that convinced Worf, for a time, to side with them.
So those guys were Orion Syndicate as well. Nice.

Before I forget... when do we start seeing Sovereign class starships? Or Intrepid class? I'm getting rather annoyed constantly seeing ships that appear to be in the same class as the Enterprise-B. I have a toy from Star Trek: Generations which shows the Ent-B (about 5" long) over the Nexus wave, which looks rather cheesy. I never really liked the thing, but I'm setting it on top of my monitor. I seem to remember having an Enterprise-D and a Klingon Bird of Prey, both about 2" long, but I haven't seen them in years. I think I got them all at the same time. Anyway, it (the Ent-B/Nexus) is the only Star Trek related thing I have, besides the movies on DVD and the episodes on my computer... and a schematic/mini-poster of the Ent-A that came with a model of that ship... but that model ship got spray painted silver (we were too lazy to paint it properly) and I left it in California. It wasn't in good shape anyway. Now I want Voyager and DS9 models... but I'm not willing to pay $85-$120, prices I've seen online... that's highway robbery. No sense paying any more than $20-$30 for a model, less if you have to assemble it yourself. But those two, and the Enterprise-D... I'd do the paint and decals exactly. :lol:

"Change of Heart" was OK and just that. It starts with something to please both the ladies and the gents... Worf with his hair down, and some candid shots of Jadzia... though all in all, it was a better Worf episode than a Dax episode. No, the real point with this one was that Starfleet doesn't always win. I saw the ending (at least, the jungle outcome) coming from the beginning, though. And it was missing something: Worf could well have told Dax that their man was killed... it would have alleviated some of her guilt. And Quark winning 208 games of Tongo in a row... someone ought to look over his tactics. Either he's very good at Tongo, or he's very good at cheating. In any game of chance (as any game involved with a deck of cards is, to some degree) there's always the chance of getting a bad hand. If we're not to suspect Quark of cheating, his winning streak should not have been so great. And what Quark said was right... about no computer being able to master Tongo. Computers today can't master our card games because of the element of chance. Chess is another story, though. While IBM has a supercomputer (named "Big Blue" after IBM's nickname IIRC) dedicated to chess, it's been beaten, but only by the top chessmasters. That computer would spank anyone who hasn't devoted a lifetime to the game. But IBM couldn't build such a good poker or blackjack playing computer, unless it cheated and the playing logic routines had access to the card information.... giving it some access is the only way to make it 'harder'. Otherwise, you can teach it the rules and all the strategy you can cram in its memory banks, but in the end, it could still deal the human opponent a royal flush, and nothing beats a royal.

"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"... a couple notes before I finish (just started really)... Director Jonathan West. Where do I know that name from? And O'Brien suggests to Bashir, a holosuite program based on The Alamo. I'm pretty sure this program exists in the computer game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. [finishes episode] Pretty good, pretty good... Dukat tells Kira that he and her mother were secret lovers, and she goes back in time with the help of the Orb of Time and confirms it. Now what about that Bajoran that was barking orders to the Cardassians? A collaborator no doubt, but he must have been pretty important to be giving orders.

Now it's time to meet Section 31...

"The Inquisition"... another early note, this before the opening credits. You know, this and many of the previous one have had the same damn exterior shot of DS9. The Defiant docked along the ring, and something that looks like Voyager with an extra warp nacelle underneath as if in tow. I doubt it's an Intrepid class, it's not the most attractive starship out there... but it's always there, in the same place. (Yes, I know, they use the same exterior shots in all the episodes, they did the same thing in Next Generation and Voyager... those exterior shots are mostly time fillers.) [finishes episode] Another good one. Wow, Section 31's pretty bad. They abduct Bashir and accuse him of spying for the Dominion. My sympathies for the Maquis grow, what disrespect I had for the Cardassian legal system diminished with contextual perspective. Like the episode two before ("Change of Heart") it's not an episode to feel altogether good about.

I remember thinking six episodes a day was a lot. I did seven yesterday and I'm quite likely to do eight today. The streak ends tonight, though... at least as far as I know, it does. Tomorrow morning I have a job orientation. That may only run half a day... and if it does... streak tomorrow as well. But I really don't know what will happen tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to a rock concert (X-Fest 6, featuring Chevelle, Taproot, and Crossfade... not bands I like, but my girlfriend likes... it was only $21 a ticket, how could I pass it up). Hopefully I start work Monday, but nothing's (ever) for sure. But if I get this job, it'll be really cool.... I'd be working for the same place my girlfriend does, hopefully on the same shift. We'd be able to carpool, save about $50-60 a month on gas.

Now I'll see if "In the Pale Moonlight" lives up to the hype. [finishes episode] Bravo... it was a good episode, but VBG was right, the hype does raise expectations for it above an attainable level. Is any Star Trek episode worthy of such praise? I've seen a couple that are... "The Inner Light" from TNG and "Blink of an Eye" from Voyager. Of course, I think the latter was trying to replicate and spin on the former. The idea that so much could happen in so little time, that in the case of the former, that Picard could live an entire lifetime in a matter of minutes (forget that DS9's "Hard Time" uses a similar plot device -- it is not the same), and in the case of the latter, that the smallest (in)actions by Voyager could so influence a whole society.

"In the Pale Moonlight", in my opinion, doesn't stand with those two. All that said, it was a very good episode, perhaps the best directly dealing with the Dominion. Sisko fabricates proof that the Dominion are going to turn on the Romulans, to get the Romulans to abandon their treaty with the Dominion and join the fight against the Dominion. It shows us how far Sisko is willing to go to fight the Dominion; in this episode, lying, cheating, and technically stealing, were not below him. This however, was one case where, unlike the actions of Section 31 in the previous episode, the ends do justify the means. The Romulans, though not a major player in the events of DS9 thus far, are supposed to be a formidable empire.

What, exactly, is the difference between a Vulcan and a Romulan? I think this was answered in TNG, in the episode with Spock and Sarek, but I can't remember. Weren't they once the same people, but at one point split?

Seven episodes... And DR sets to break the previous record by watching an eighth one. Technically I could do nine and still have time to have dinner ready by the time Jo gets home. She's stopping at Walmart after work (if she remembers... it's only for stuff for me that I don't need as a favor, but she probably will), the chicken is defrosted, and we're having a Jambalaya Chicken Helper. Jambalaya is a Cajun dish... I'm going to tell Jo it's a tribute to Ben Sisko (if it turns out good). B) If I forget, she'll read it up here anyway... she stalks me. We mean stalking in a positive way; that's what she called our online courtship before and even after I moved in with her... she'd go to boards I posted at and read all my posts, often posting. So yes, when I posted "don't tell Jo" about the Jalepeno Poppers... she knew about it, and even told her sister and mother that I'd gone behind her back like that. But we do all that just playing, it's all in good fun. I tell ya, having a regular girlfriend is one thing (not that I'd know, Jo's my first), but it's another entirely to have one who's also your best friend, who you can joke and kid with like that.

"His Way" was another fun episode. Who but the most unromantic of us couldn't help but smile when

Click For Spoiler
Odo kisses Kira... twice
? Vic Fontaine is a pretty cool character... For a hologram. So Voyager's Holodoc wasn't in fact the first hologram who could disable himself (when Vic issues the command "Computer: end program" ahead of Kira). Good break from serious episodes.

Numero nueve... "The Reckoning", another episode following the Prophets and Sisko's faith, was good. At first I thought the supernatural stuff towards the end would leave me thinking it had been cheesy, but it wasn't. A 30,000 year old tablet is discovered under that ancient city Sisko discovered the location to, and it leads to a prophecy involving Bajoran suffering and a battle between good and evil. Afraid that evil would triumph, Kai Winn stops the fight using radiation to chase the prophet and Pa Wraith out of the station... showing her lack of faith, and Kira gets in some good words against her.

I watched nine pretty good DS9 episodes today. I did little else, but there was little else to do. :yawn:

Cooking dinner, listening to my 'casual and soft' mix on Winamp, I've heard some interesting selections. It's on random, a playlist with 222 songs... I started it with a classic rock song... it then played two religious-leaning rock songs ("Sight Unseen" by Petra and "Higher" by Creed), another classic rock song, then "On My Way Home" by Enya... a good song by its own right, but it's also the song I have a homemade DS9 video dubbed to. I didn't make it, I found it on either Kazaa or eMule. Now it's playing "Ends" by Everlast, but that doesn't really relate to anything.

Sadly there are never any Sovereigns. There aren't any Intrepids either, and that three-nacelled ship is a Yeager-class ship.

I would have loved to see the Enterprise E on the front lines next to the Defiant. Was the Enterprise even fighting in the war?

"Far Beyond the Stars" was a very different episode.  Contemplating resignation, Sisko begins an hallucination in which he and the other main characters (Dax, O'Brien, Kira, Bashir, Odo, Quark, Worf, Kassidy, and Jake and Joseph Sisko as well) are in the 1950s, most working for a science fiction magazine.  Nog and Dukat make brief appearances, but it's hard to tell with a couple of them as all actors are completely out of uniform.  Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, Kira, Jake, and Joseph are pretty obvious.  You can tell Odo by his voice.  You'd only know Kassidy if you'd seen a few or more of her episodes.  Worf is hard to tell as well; the voice is a little different.  Nog is right in the beginning, a short little dude at a newspaper stand.  And a guy who appears once in the magazine's office, I think is Dukat.  Quark's surprisingly easy to identify.  This one was good, but racial issues always bothered me.

The guy in the office that you thought was Dukat is actually Martok, he's the one handing out the illustrations.

Dukat played one of the 2 cops that stopped Bennie Russell on the street, the other cop with him was Weyoun.

I really, really liked "One Little Ship".  Now that was amusing.  A shrunk Runabout (Rubicon) with Dax, O'Brien, and Bashir infiltrates a full-size Defiant where Jem'hadar have taken Sisko, Kira, Worf, Nog, and several nameless crewmen hostage, and hilarity ensues.  This is the first we hear of Alpha JH versus Gamma JH, and the rivalry between them.  Also, a JH passes out the white without a Vorta present, and dismisses the otherwise mandatory "we serve the Founders" speech.  Interesting, interesting.  O'Brien and Bashir inside the computer was a little silly, especially since they could have asked Dax for more air when they were running low.  This was a good episode, though, one of the better ones, if only for the amusement value.

I always have to laugh at the end when Odo and Quark make Bashir and O'Brien run off to check their height lol

"Honor Among Thieves", another good one.  O'Brien infiltrates the Orion Syndicate to find out who their mole in Starfleet is.  They don't quite come out and say it, but then, O'Brien wasn't there... he wouldn't have made the connection.  Bashir would have.  Bilby (the Syndicate man) tells O'Brien that they had the mole
Click For Spoiler
  So those guys were Orion Syndicate as well.  Nice.

I don't believe the guy from "Let He Who is Without Sin" is the same person that they are talking about here. The only reason that guy had control over the weather grid was because Worf hacked the controls otherwise he was just a civilian protester.

Before I forget... when do we start seeing Sovereign class starships?  Or Intrepid class?  I'm getting rather annoyed constantly seeing ships that appear to be in the same class as the Enterprise-B.  I have a toy from Star Trek: Generations which shows the Ent-B (about 5" long) over the Nexus wave, which looks rather cheesy.  I never really liked the thing, but I'm setting it on top of my monitor.  I seem to remember having an Enterprise-D and a Klingon Bird of Prey, both about 2" long, but I haven't seen them in years.  I think I got them all at the same time.  Anyway, it (the Ent-B/Nexus) is the only Star Trek related thing I have, besides the movies on DVD and the episodes on my computer... and a schematic/mini-poster of the Ent-A that came with a model of that ship... but that model ship got spray painted silver (we were too lazy to paint it properly) and I left it in California.  It wasn't in good shape anyway.  Now I want Voyager and DS9 models... but I'm not willing to pay $85-$120, prices I've seen online... that's highway robbery.  No sense paying any more than $20-$30 for a model, less if you have to assemble it yourself.  But those two, and the Enterprise-D... I'd do the paint and decals exactly. :lol:

You will see an Intrepid class in the season 7 episode "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges". I can't recall any Sovereign class ships ever showing up but maybe in some battle sequences and I just didn't notice.

"Change of Heart" was OK and just that.  It starts with something to please both the ladies and the gents... Worf with his hair down, and some candid shots of Jadzia... though all in all, it was a better Worf episode than a Dax episode.  No, the real point with this one was that Starfleet doesn't always win.  I saw the ending (at least, the jungle outcome) coming from the beginning, though.  And it was missing something: Worf could well have told Dax that their man was killed... it would have alleviated some of her guilt.  And Quark winning 208 games of Tongo in a row... someone ought to look over his tactics.  Either he's very good at Tongo, or he's very good at cheating.  In any game of chance (as any game involved with a deck of cards is, to some degree) there's always the chance of getting a bad hand.  If we're not to suspect Quark of cheating, his winning streak should not have been so great.  And what Quark said was right... about no computer being able to master Tongo.  Computers today can't master our card games because of the element of chance.  Chess is another story, though.  While IBM has a supercomputer (named "Big Blue" after IBM's nickname IIRC) dedicated to chess, it's been beaten, but only by the top chessmasters.  That computer would spank anyone who hasn't devoted a lifetime to the game.  But IBM couldn't build such a good poker or blackjack playing computer, unless it cheated and the playing logic routines had access to the card information.... giving it some access is the only way to make it 'harder'.  Otherwise, you can teach it the rules and all the strategy you can cram in its memory banks, but in the end, it could still deal the human opponent a royal flush, and nothing beats a royal.

I've always thought this would have been a good way to "complete" Jadzia's character but they still had a few season 6 episodes to do and I guess they wanted her in those episodes.

"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"... a couple notes before I finish (just started really)... Director Jonathan West.  Where do I know that name from?  And O'Brien suggests to Bashir, a holosuite program based on The Alamo.  I'm pretty sure this program exists in the computer game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force.  [finishes episode] Pretty good, pretty good... Dukat tells Kira that he and her mother were secret lovers, and she goes back in time with the help of the Orb of Time and confirms it.  Now what about that Bajoran that was barking orders to the Cardassians?  A collaborator no doubt, but he must have been pretty important to be giving orders.

This story was made possible by Nana Visitor refusing to "allow" the writers to make it about Kira and Dukat having an affair. She refused to do it that way so Ira Steven Behr said "Ok then your mother will be the one that had an affair with him." lol

Now it's time to meet Section 31...

"The Inquisition"... another early note, this before the opening credits.  You know, this and many of the previous one have had the same damn exterior shot of DS9.  The Defiant docked along the ring, and something that looks like Voyager with an extra warp nacelle underneath as if in tow.  I doubt it's an Intrepid class, it's not the most attractive starship out there... but it's always there, in the same place.  (Yes, I know, they use the same exterior shots in all the episodes, they did the same thing in Next Generation and Voyager... those exterior shots are mostly time fillers.)  [finishes episode] Another good one.  Wow, Section 31's pretty bad.  They abduct Bashir and accuse him of spying for the Dominion.  My sympathies for the Maquis grow, what disrespect I had for the Cardassian legal system diminished with contextual perspective.  Like the episode two before ("Change of Heart") it's not an episode to feel altogether good about.

You'll see more of Section 31 before the series ends, they aren't painted in too good of a light but they do serve their purpose

Now I'll see if "In the Pale Moonlight" lives up to the hype.  [finishes episode] Bravo... it was a good episode, but VBG was right, the hype does raise expectations for it above an attainable level.  Is any Star Trek episode worthy of such praise?  I've seen a couple that are... "The Inner Light" from TNG and "Blink of an Eye" from Voyager.  Of course, I think the latter was trying to replicate and spin on the former.  The idea that so much could happen in so little time, that in the case of the former, that Picard could live an entire lifetime in a matter of minutes (forget that DS9's "Hard Time" uses a similar plot device -- it is not the same), and in the case of the latter, that the smallest (in)actions by Voyager could so influence a whole society.

"In the Pale Moonlight", in my opinion, doesn't stand with those two.  All that said, it was a very good episode, perhaps the best directly dealing with the Dominion.  Sisko fabricates proof that the Dominion are going to turn on the Romulans, to get the Romulans to abandon their treaty with the Dominion and join the fight against the Dominion.  It shows us how far Sisko is willing to go to fight the Dominion; in this episode, lying, cheating, and technically stealing, were not below him.  This however, was one case where, unlike the actions of Section 31 in the previous episode, the ends do justify the means.  The Romulans, though not a major player in the events of DS9 thus far, are supposed to be a formidable empire.

I was afraid you might have too high expectations, that happens though. I wouldn't compare "ITPML" with TNG's "Inner Light" or Voyager's "Blink of an Eye" though. They're on different story levels, I look at those 2 episodes like I would look at dessert. Everyone loves dessert and always comes back for more but "In the Pale Moonlight" is like the main course meal. It's the only Trek episode where the actor directly addresses the camera and tells his story.

It's a very dramatic story and shows that not all Starfleet officers are angels, sometimes you have to get your hands dirty when you're fighting a war.

As much as I love the other episodes you mentioned, I'd rank them in the top 5 or 10 I still believe "ITPML" is the #1 Trek episode. In fact I may have to watch it later tonight, I have it on my TiVo just calling my name lol

"His Way" was another fun episode.  Who but the most unromantic of us couldn't help but smile when
Click For Spoiler
?  Vic Fontaine is a pretty cool character... For a hologram.  So Voyager's Holodoc wasn't in fact the first hologram who could disable himself (when Vic issues the command "Computer: end program" ahead of Kira).  Good break from serious episodes.

I used that first kiss (though it was actually the second kiss) in one of the videos that I made, it's one of those "sweeping" kisses and the camera movement around them works really well.

You will see more of Vic in the final season. He has several good episodes, even a Mirror Universe episode.

Numero nueve... "The Reckoning", another episode following the Prophets and Sisko's faith, was good.  At first I thought the supernatural stuff towards the end would leave me thinking it had been cheesy, but it wasn't.  A 30,000 year old tablet is discovered under that ancient city Sisko discovered the location to, and it leads to a prophecy involving Bajoran suffering and a battle between good and evil.  Afraid that evil would triumph, Kai Winn stops the fight using radiation to chase the prophet and Pa Wraith out of the station... showing her lack of faith, and Kira gets in some good words against her.

359192[/snapback]

Kai Winn episodes are never my favorite episodes, this was a pretty good episode but it's got Winn in it so... lol

You have about a season and a quarter left, you're almost there. I may go back and begin with season 1 and go right through again, I can never get enough DS9.

B) You guys talk a lot in this thread I was gonna reply but....what about? *accidently drops towel* :yawn: :lol:

No, no Sovereign or Intrepid class ships in the battle scenes thus far. I've seen plenty Ent-B's and Galaxy class ships, some others... And, is Defiant the only ship in its class, or are there other Defiants out there? That's one bad little ship, they need to make more. I'm curious where Picard and his crew were, too. Starfleet wants to keep Picard away from the Borg because of his previous experience with them? Well, what about the Dominion?

Spoilers! I watched the DS9 music video I have (DS9 clips dubbed to Enya's "On My Way Home"; you can find it on eMule or whatever searchable filesharing network) because I thought I'd seen enough of DS9 to not be spoiled. I was wrong. I saw the video once before, but it was long before I watched DS9, so I really didn't know what I was seeing (except noticing O'Brien and Worf, and recognizing Quark as a Ferengi, Martok as a Klingon, but not knowing anything more about them). Here's what was spoiled:

Click For Spoiler
At some point, there will be an episode involving army men, their forts, and tabletop battles. O'Brien (and maybe Bashir) are doing one, Jake and Ben are doing another... and I think someone else was doing one. Odo gives Kira his bucket, Odo does the shapeshifting thing in front of Kira and seems to turn into a cloud... and I saw the very last scene of the last episode, with what looked like Sisko and Kira standing side by side on the station, then a pan out showing them in the window, and a unique exterior shot, fade until DS9 is too small to see. I thought this was computer-generated, seeing it in the video, then it looked too real... then I realized it must be the very end. So I played the last episode, skipped to the end, and sure enough, there it was. So I know DS9 doesn't get destroyed, and that Sisko and Kira live.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to finish Season 6. B) I've only got five six episodes to go! :lol:

//edit: I thought I had six because I hadn't moved "The Reckoning" to the "Seen'em" folder... so it's only five. Suh-weet. :yawn:

Edited by Dark Reality

No, no Sovereign or Intrepid class ships in the battle scenes thus far.  I've seen plenty Ent-B's and Galaxy class ships, some others... And, is Defiant the only ship in its class, or are there other Defiants out there?  That's one bad little ship, they need to make more.  I'm curious where Picard and his crew were, too.  Starfleet wants to keep Picard away from the Borg because of his previous experience with them?  Well, what about the Dominion?

Spoilers!  I watched the DS9 music video I have (DS9 clips dubbed to Enya's "On My Way Home"; you can find it on eMule or whatever searchable filesharing network) because I thought I'd seen enough of DS9 to not be spoiled.  I was wrong.  I saw the video once before, but it was long before I watched DS9, so I really didn't know what I was seeing (except noticing O'Brien and Worf, and recognizing Quark as a Ferengi, Martok as a Klingon, but not knowing anything more about them).  Here's what was spoiled:

Click For Spoiler

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to finish Season 6. B)  I've only got five six episodes to go! :lol:

//edit: I thought I had six because I hadn't moved "The Reckoning" to the "Seen'em" folder... so it's only five.  Suh-weet. :yawn:

359298[/snapback]

From what you typed it looks like things weren't as "spoiled" as you may think. I won't go into detail but it sounds like you have the wrong impression of the ending.

There is another ship like Defiant, actually 2 more. U.S.S. Valiant (NCC-74210) and U.S.S. Sao Paulo (NCC-75633). So as far as I know there were 3 of that class including the U.S.S Defiant (NX-74205).

I'm not seeing what you're saying... unless the events leading up to what I saw are drastically different. I know, or think I know, two other things about the last episode:

Click For Spoiler
Dukat kills Winn, and Dukat is himself killed as well.

But I've been wrong about DS9 predictions. In any case, I'm fasttracking through season 7, so I'll see, in any case.

Watched another 8 episodes... and Jo just drove up.

Oh yeah, the chicken jambalaya last night was AWESOME. For those of you in charge of preparing the meals, get a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast, Chicken Helper Jambalaya, and just follow the directions. It was pretty easy to make, and turned out great. Though saying it was dedicated to Sisko probably helped.

"Valiant" was a decent episode, which answered my question about other ships like Defiant. Nog and Jake are attacked by the JH and rescued by a Defiant clone called Valiant, run by Starfleet Academy Red Squad, a crew with something to hide. It was cool to watch... one thing troubles me, though... how does this shy girl who cries over memories of the moon, and then goes crying to her Captain, get into Red Squad? A couple of the girls, actually, didn't seem to be the Red Squad type. And the Captain... well, I didn't think drugs were a problem in the future. :lol: This is the only episode I've seen, that I recall, where someone pops pills (rather than uses a hypospray).

"Profit and Lace" was a decent Ferengi episode. It started out rather dull, but got good when Quark had to become a woman to help Grand Nagus Zek defeat a political rival. Long story. The best part of this episode is the beginning and end, where Quark learns a thing or two about women.

"Time's Orphan": another great season 6 episode. Molly (O'Briens' daughter) falls through a time portal on a picnic on Bajor. Starfleet is able to get her out, but they miscalculate, and the Molly they pull out has aged 10 years and is now 18, and pretty much a cavewoman (*thinks of the Geico commercials*). I guess you could say I like the Star Trek episodes which deal with people in the strangest situations, because this is one I'll remember for a while. Definitely not one to miss. I suppose more so if you have kids. And the scenes with Worf and Yoshi (the O'Brien's second kid) are priceless... like when Worf lists his accomplishments to Dax and vows that he will prove to be a worthy parent. Such a Klingon outlook...

I recall reading that Spike TV is in the middle of season 6... hopefully this thread can also serve as a guide for those watching DS9 on cable. Decide from my posts which ones you have to see, and which ones you wouldn't mind skipping over. That said, only "Valiant" of the last three serves the Dominion arc, and only barely (the introduction of a new Dominion ship). "Profit and Lace" is just a Ferengi episode - skip it if you don't like them. And "Time's Orphan" is good, and worth watching regardless.

"The Sound of Her Voice"... what a creepy episode. Sisko and the Defiant crew pick up a distress call from [at maximum warp] 6 days away. O'Brien establishes two-way communication with the Starfleet captain whose escape pod crashed on an inhabitable planet, and the crew only have a few days to reach her before she runs out of the medicine needed to keep her alive. I kept expecting it to be a trap, especially when they used the phaser power to reinforce structural integrity to go faster. Now the ending was just messed up, and only because I know what's going to happen in the next episode. At the end of this one, O'Brien points out that

Click For Spoiler
the war has tried all their friendships, and someday someone in their little circle wouldn't be there, and they'd all be sad.
I won't reveal what happens in the next episode... at least not in this paragraph, while discussing this episode. But as far as whether you should watch it (on TV as it comes) or not... definitely. By the spoiler, it's tied to the season finale, and if there's one watch-or-don't recommendation I can give for DS9, it's watch all season finales and all first-of-seasons. They're usually better. I remember one or two on Voyager that was just another episode... Not with DS9.

Trivial note: "Tears of the Prophets" -- the Captain's full name is Benjamin Lafayette Sisko. Second trivial note: I'm no big fan of Star Trek: Enterprise, but I do have a couple NX-01 wallpapers. I know that ship design... and one got destroyed in this episode. (At least I think that's Archer's ship in those wallpapers... yes, it's gotta be. No other has those two... bars... running back from the saucer to hold the nacelles, with a pod-like thing in the middle... [finishes episode] Wow, that was a bit sadder than I thought... and a lot better than I thought, too. Starfleet decides it's time to invade Cardassia (being the major Dominion foothold in the Alpha Quadrant) but the Prophets try to tell Sisko that he is of Bajor and not to stray from his path. He has a choice to make. Meanwhile Dukat thinks he has something which will get the rest of the Dominion into the Alpha Quadrant. Great episode, great close to season 6.

What's sadder? Just before the end of "Time's Orphan" or the end of "Tears of the Prophets"? I know which one I would choose. Three sad episodes right in a row, too. And a question, which will probably be answered soon:

Click For Spoiler
Is the Wormhole gone?

*stops "Image in the Sand" in the opening credits* Now that's one thing that's always ticked me off about Star Trek. Opening credits spoilers. They did it in Voyager, when Kes dropped off the opening credits, replaced by Seven, and Jennifer Lein was listed as a guest star. I said, "Oh, now I know something's gonna happen to Kes." JL "guest starred" for a couple episodes, then she was gone. It's a little different here... From the last episode I know that

Click For Spoiler
Jadzia is no longer with us
but what we do not know is that
Click For Spoiler
1. the Dax symbiont even survived the trip to the Trill homeworld (Bashir didn't exactly make it sound hopeful), 2. We don't know who the next Dax is, and 3. we certainly don't know she's a Starfleet officer. (Are all Dax's in Starfleet? Curzon was the ambassador to the Klingon empire, and Jadzia was Starfleet of course. But at this point I would just as soon believe a Dax could be non-Starfleet. Do the Trills care that the Dax symbiont has friends on DS9? Of course they don't, because it's already been established that symbionts are supposed to abandon relationships from one host to the next, although clearly that did not happen with Curzon-Sisko-Jadzia.)

"Image in the Sand". That's what Sisko sees in a vision from the Prophets he's been waiting for. A mysterious woman, but who is she? All this episode really does is shows us what's happened three months after Sisko left DS9. He and Jake have been helping his dad in New Orleans. Kira is a colonel, and Worf is still mourning. The episode ends... it ends with Sisko meeting the new Dax. What was spoiled in the opening credits. Also I noted that the screen stayed black before cutting to the end credits a few seconds longer than usual, really letting it hang. I've noticed... Next Generation and Voyager episodes mostly end smoothly, with the executive producer (or whatever) line appearing in the episode. With DS9, more often than not, it ominously fades to black first. I like that, especially following a dramatic end. 7x01 here didn't have that dramatic an end, but it played off like it did. Not that I'm one to complain, but it was strange.

"Shadows and Symbols" is a great episode, in that it deepens the relationship between Sisko and the Prophets, and really takes the whole of Star Trek into a new frontier. This is not necessarily a favorite of mine, though it was very good, but at the same time, along with other "Prophets" episodes, shows that DS9 really takes us where no Trek has gone before. Let's just say that, despite the fact that in real life I'm an atheist, if I were on DS9, I wouldn't be. Especially if my name were Benjamin Sisko, or that of one of his friends or associates. This episode answers (no) the question I asked at the end of "Tears of the Prophets".

"Afterimage" was just OK; it mainly centers around Ezri Dax's integration into the DS9 crew. Oops, I just spoiled the ending, but not so much so as if you had seen the season 7 DVD set or the season 7 promo shots. Why else would Ezri be part of the team in the picture if she left after only being in two episodes (let's not count her brief appearance at the end of "Image in the Sand". If you're willing to accept that Ezri made peace with the DS9 crew and came into her own (after a fair bit of whining), you can skip this episode. But there's a cool fact about Worf in relation to Sisko revealed here; if you like either of those characters, you ought not to miss it.

I'm not seeing what you're saying... unless the events leading up to what I saw are drastically different.  I know, or think I know, two other things about the last episode:
Click For Spoiler

But I've been wrong about DS9 predictions.  In any case, I'm fasttracking through season 7, so I'll see, in any case.

This was what you had typed earlier...

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

"Valiant" was a decent episode, which answered my question about other ships like Defiant.  Nog and Jake are attacked by the JH and rescued by a Defiant clone called Valiant, run by Starfleet Academy Red Squad, a crew with something to hide.  It was cool to watch... one thing troubles me, though... how does this shy girl who cries over memories of the moon, and then goes crying to her Captain, get into Red Squad?  A couple of the girls, actually, didn't seem to be the Red Squad type.  And the Captain... well, I didn't think drugs were a problem in the future. :) This is the only episode I've seen, that I recall, where someone pops pills (rather than uses a hypospray).

I watch this episode every now and then but it's not a favorite, I just don't like the way the Red Squad kids do things.

"Profit and Lace" was a decent Ferengi episode.  It started out rather dull, but got good when Quark had to become a woman to help Grand Nagus Zek defeat a political rival.  Long story.  The best part of this episode is the beginning and end, where Quark learns a thing or two about women.

I used Lumba in one of the video tributes that I made, playing to the song "Where Everybody Knows Your Name", it fit perfectly lol

"Time's Orphan": another great season 6 episode.  Molly (O'Briens' daughter) falls through a time portal on a picnic on Bajor.  Starfleet is able to get her out, but they miscalculate, and the Molly they pull out has aged 10 years and is now 18, and pretty much a cavewoman (*thinks of the Geico commercials*).  I guess you could say I like the Star Trek episodes which deal with people in the strangest situations, because this is one I'll remember for a while.  Definitely not one to miss.  I suppose more so if you have kids.  And the scenes with Worf and Yoshi (the O'Brien's second kid) are priceless... like when Worf lists his accomplishments to Dax and vows that he will prove to be a worthy parent.  Such a Klingon outlook...

This was a good episode, it sometimes gets overlooked when I go through and re-watch episodes but when I watch it I always enjoy it.

"The Sound of Her Voice"... what a creepy episode.  Sisko and the Defiant crew pick up a distress call from [at maximum warp] 6 days away.  O'Brien establishes two-way communication with the Starfleet captain whose escape pod crashed on an inhabitable planet, and the crew only have a few days to reach her before she runs out of the medicine needed to keep her alive.  I kept expecting it to be a trap, especially when they used the phaser power to reinforce structural integrity to go faster.  Now the ending was just messed up, and only because I know what's going to happen in the next episode.  At the end of this one, O'Brien points out that
Click For Spoiler
  I won't reveal what happens in the next episode... at least not in this paragraph, while discussing this episode.  But as far as whether you should watch it (on TV as it comes) or not... definitely.  By the spoiler, it's tied to the season finale, and if there's one watch-or-don't recommendation I can give for DS9, it's watch all season finales and all first-of-seasons.  They're usually better.  I remember one or two on Voyager that was just another episode... Not with DS9.

I haven't watched this one in a while, I may have to watch it tonight. I think the Defiant's shuttle is pretty cool.

"Image in the Sand".  That's what Sisko sees in a vision from the Prophets he's been waiting for.  A mysterious woman, but who is she?  All this episode really does is shows us what's happened three months after Sisko left DS9.  He and Jake have been helping his dad in New Orleans.  Kira is a colonel, and Worf is still mourning.  The episode ends... it ends with Sisko meeting the new Dax.  What was spoiled in the opening credits.  Also I noted that the screen stayed black before cutting to the end credits a few seconds longer than usual, really letting it hang.  I've noticed... Next Generation and Voyager episodes mostly end smoothly, with the executive producer (or whatever) line appearing in the episode.  With DS9, more often than not, it ominously fades to black first.  I like that, especially following a dramatic end.  7x01 here didn't have that dramatic an end, but it played off like it did.  Not that I'm one to complain, but it was strange.

"Shadows and Symbols" is a great episode, in that it deepens the relationship between Sisko and the Prophets, and really takes the whole of Star Trek into a new frontier.  This is not necessarily a favorite of mine, though it was very good, but at the same time, along with other "Prophets" episodes, shows that DS9 really takes us where no Trek has gone before.  Let's just say that, despite the fact that in real life I'm an atheist, if I were on DS9, I wouldn't be.  Especially if my name were Benjamin Sisko, or that of one of his friends or associates.  This episode answers (no) the question I asked at the end of "Tears of the Prophets".

"Afterimage" was just OK; it mainly centers around Ezri Dax's integration into the DS9 crew.  Oops, I just spoiled the ending, but not so much so as if you had seen the season 7 DVD set or the season 7 promo shots.  Why else would Ezri be part of the team in the picture if she left after only being in two episodes (let's not count her brief appearance at the end of "Image in the Sand".  If you're willing to accept that Ezri made peace with the DS9 crew and came into her own (after a fair bit of whining), you can skip this episode.  But there's a cool fact about Worf in relation to Sisko revealed here; if you like either of those characters, you ought not to miss it.

359357[/snapback]

A lot of people don't like Ezri because she "replaces" Jadzia and no one wanted Jadzia to go with 1 season left but I always defend her, she really grows into the part (IMO) not to mention her ultimate cuteness lol

For season 7 you have some of my favorites coming up.

"Take Me Out to the Holosuite" sometimes gets put down as a "frivolous" episode but I think it's a very fun one to watch and really was needed to kind ok lighten things up from the war.

"Chrysalis" is another fun one where we get to see our 4 favorite "mutants" again.

"Treachery, Faith, and the Great River" has some great moments in it and just remember... "The River will provide!" :blush:

"Once More Unto the Breach" Great Kor episode

"The Siege of AR-558" & "It's Only a Paper Moon" aren't officially a 2 parter but they really do go together nicely to tell a 2 part story.

"The Emperor's New Cloak" is a mirror universe, gotta love Ezri in this one lol

"Badda-Bing Badda-Bang" I love this episode, great fun

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" is a great Section 31 episode, you'll see an Intrepid class ship in this episode.

I could go on but these are some of the highlights leading up to the final 8 or 9 part arc.

Watching Tears again (ONLY FOR YOU!) I think this was the ship you were talking about:

Akira.jpg

This is an Akira class ship. It sounded strange that an NX model, which was the prototype ship, would be fighting in a war 200 years later. :wink2:

Watching Tears again (ONLY FOR YOU!) I think this was the ship you were talking about:

This is an Akira class ship. It sounded strange that an NX model, which was the prototype ship, would be fighting in a war 200 years later. :wink2:

359500[/snapback]

We actually discussed this very thing in the past when I first noticed that ship... here's a link to that thread...

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...ndpost&p=167218

It sounded strange that an NX model, which was the prototype ship, would be fighting in a war 200 years later. :wink2:

359500[/snapback]

Remember also that the NX designation is given to all experimental ship designs. The first DS9 Defiant was the NX-74205.

It sounded strange that an NX model, which was the prototype ship, would be fighting in a war 200 years later. :wink2:

359500[/snapback]

Remember also that the NX designation is given to all experimental ship designs. The first DS9 Defiant was the NX-74205.

359507[/snapback]

Then does that mean that the NX Enterprise was another class ship, or were you getting into specifics? :)

I don't know what class the Enterprise is, they may be calling it an "NX Class" ship but NX is just used as part of the registry number, when a ship is experimental it is designated as an NX (NX-01, NX-02). Once it is no longer experimental it gets the N.C.C. designation.

Maybe it was an NX class since it was the first warp ship produced. It was the true NX. Who knows?

Oh wait...

However, in that series (Enterprise), NX has not yet become the designation for an experimental starship; here, it is simply the name of an existing ship class (in the show, starship classes are simply combinations of letters, such as NX-class starships, DY, Y and J-class freighters, and so on).

This is from this site I found that has alot of Star Trek info.

That could be, since Enterprise is set right at the early stages of Starfleet.

Anyway, we now return this thread back to it's original programming lol

Right. :wink2:

What's sadder? Just before the end of "Time's Orphan" or the end of "Tears of the Prophets"?

I think my signature and banner explain it all. :)

About Dark Reality's recent DS9 adventures. :)

359258[/snapback]

It really is interesting to read, sea_trooper. You members know so much! :jaw::blush:

Watched these yesterday, but it was sprinkling, so we couldn't get on the Net. No joke.

"Take Me Out to the Holosuite" was a fun episode. Didn't really have much to do with any of the arcs, just a fun episode to watch. A Vulcan crew challenges Sisko and his command crew to a game of baseball. Classic Worf line: "Death to the opposition". And the first time (only time?) the term Niners is used in the series. It should have been used sooner methinks... :( Worth watching when it comes on TV? For sure.

"Chrysalis" was OK. I suppose liking this episode carries the requisite of liking the four genetically enhanced misfits from "Statistical Probabilities" (6x09). They return to DS9 and Bashir makes Serena, the quiet one, able to function in society... then falls in love with her. Serena makes a good prediction regarding Ezri: "Once she learns she's more than the sum of her parts, she'll really be someone." Good generic advice, but it really fits for a joined Trill. It was good to see Bashir find a woman, but other than that, it fell short of being a good episode. Worth watching when it comes on TV? Only if you like the four misfits and/or you really like Bashir. Other than that it's skippable.

"Treachery, Faith and the Great River" was a little better. O'Brien needs a part in less time than the Captain is allowing him, so he gives Nog his access codes and has the Ferengi officer trade, trade, trade, and trade some more to get what they need. Meanwhile Weyoun 6 defects to Odo, and Weyoun 7 sends some JH after them. We learn that Weyoun 5 died under mysterious circumstances, and that the Founders are (possibly) dying. Worth watching if if comes on TV? Sure, it was entertaining enough. The episode highlights Odo, Weyoun, and Nog.

"Once More Unto the Breach" was a good Klingon episode. Oh, how I love the Klingon episodes. :lol: Martok and and old rival, Kor, with Worf, take five Birds of Prey behind enemy lines to strike a blow against the Dominion. Notice in the beginning, the bottle of Bloodwine Worf shares with Kor is the same year (perhaps the same bottle) he got from Martok at the end of the last episode, 2309. Nice little bit of continuity if you ask me. Quark gives Ezri some free advice, but I'm not so sure she will take it. Worth watching on TV? Oh yeah, especially if you, too, like the Klingon episodes and any of Kor, Martok, or Worf.

"The Siege of AR-558" was a good episode about the glory and sacrifice of the Dominion war. Sisko and the Defiant crew (including Bashir, Ezri, Nog, and Quark) join a diminished crew holding a captured Dominion communications array on a planet, against stiff odds. This is the second time I've seen someone sharpening a blade with a laser, though I cannot recall the first time. Should you watch it when it comes on TV? You shouldn't miss it if you like action. There are a lot of better episodes, but I can't think of any points to mark against this one.

"Covenant" was pretty cool. Dukat starts a cult based on the Pa-wraiths (enemy of the Prophets) and has about 50 Bajorans with him on Empok Nor. They kidnap Kira, who exposes Dukat as a fraud. Kind of like something which happened on our world years ago involving poisoned Kool-Aid. So it was a cool episode, but seemed kind of like filler. But is it worth watching? I think so. Just one thing continues to puzzle me... why don't they ever straighten out Empok Nor, or is it supposed to tilt at an angle?

"It's Only a Paper Moon" chronicles Nog's emotional recovery following the events of "The Siege of AR-558" with the assistance of Vic Fontaine. Downplayed is the event that Jake Sisko gets a girlfriend. A decent episode, a good follow-up to its predecessor, but if you missed that one, you may as well skip this one. But if you saw the other, it really doesn't matter if you catch this one or not. Watch it if you like Nog and/or Vic. I think, should a movie ever follow up DS9 and Voyager, Voyager's Holodoc ought to meet Vic.

"Prodigal Daughter" was mostly about Ezri going back to her family for a visit, and to locate O'Brien, who is tracking down the widow of a man he met in "Honor Among Thieves" (6x15). Turns out Ezri's family business is involved with the Orion Syndicate. I didn't care for this one all that much... maybe it's because I don't (yet?) care for Ezri that much... because no one else in her family was all that likeable... it just seemed flat. Worth watching on TV? Maybe if nothing else is on, or you really want to see all 176 episodes as I do. Other than that, it's skippable.

"The Emperor's New Cloak" is another alternate universe episode, featuring a mirror Ezri, mirror Leeta, mirror Brunt, and a mirror Vic. Though they never explain how they get him out of the Holosuite; it doesn't make sense for there to be a real Vic in the AU. Rom and Quark have to go to the AU to rescue the Nagus (Zek) from the Alliance. It's a pretty good episode, barring a couple minor faults. Worth watching? I think so. The AU is always fun.

"Field of Fire" was good. A serial killer is loose on DS9 and Ezri, with the help of that host she had before Curzon who killed, is determined to track him down. We never learn exactly why the killer killed those people (aside from whats-his-name's speculative explanation) but it was a good episode nonetheless. Worth watching? Sure, it was fun. You won't miss anything if you miss it, as far as the arcs go, but it was entertaining.

"Chimera" introduces us to Laas (another of the 100 changelings the Founders sent out however many years ago), who tries to convince Odo to leave DS9 with him, in search of more changelings. Decent episode, shows us more of what the changelings are capable of. Worth watching? Yeah, it was pretty good.

Now here's the deal: tomorrow I start work, and I have 12 DS9 episodes left to finish. I know I can watch 11 in a day; I did that yesterday, as you can see. So what I'm going to do is watch all of them up to "What You Leave Behind" (series finale, a 2 parter) and then watch that when I get home from work. I'd only be able to watch half before my girlfriend gets home, and she shouldn't be seeing the last episode.

The adventure begins... and, as always, I'll be chronicling my progress in Editpad. :laugh:

TTFN

VBG - Wanna talk about intermittent connections? After four tries, I'm on at 9600bps. I know you have a couple years on me, maybe you remember when 9600bps was a fast connection, before the days of 14.4K. And you should be happy to know that your board is approved (or at least not yet rejected) by Walmart/AOL's fundamentalist Judeo-Christian approval committee, which kicks me off when I try to access certain (not even pr0n!) sites...

Minor spoilers ahead!

"Badda-Bing Badda-Bang" was a good Holosuite (Vic) episode in the tradition of "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" and "Oceans 11" (movie, not DS9 episode) in which Sisko, Kira, Odo, O'Brien, Bashir, Ezri, Nog, Vic, and Kasidy organize a heist, as Vic's lounge has been bought by the mob, and they need to stir things up to get Vic his lounge back. This was just a fun episode to watch, though there was no real point to it as far as the major arcs go. But it was worth watching for sure.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" (Latin=>English translation: "In time of war, the law is silent") was a rather confusing episode. Section 31/Sloan recruits Bashir to make observations about the Romulan government during a conference, and report his findings. Part of the episode takes place on an Intrepid-class ship (Voyager replica); when you first see it, coming back from commercial or after the fadeout-fadein, it almost feels like you're watching Voyager, not Deep Space Nine, for a second. Until you see the mess hall and there's no sign of Neelix or the rest of the Voyager crew. Worth watching? Well, I didn't really care for it. If you like Section 31 and/or Bashir, go for it... otherwise you may find yourself as confused as I was.

"Penumbra" is another strange episode, but a good one, and strange only at the end. Worf is lost in the Badlands, presumed dead. Sisko buys land on Bajor, plans a house, and proposes to Kasidy, and Ezri and Worf... err, resume old habits. And let's not forget Dukat becoming a Bajoran through surgery. Worth watching? It was entertaining, held my interest... but not altogether great. And what the heck does Penumbra mean? Regarding what I saw ahead in the music video previously mentioned, what I saw about the army men and model houses was similar to Sisko's model house... but I'm pretty sure I didn't see Sisko with one. Jake maybe... I don't want to watch it again to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I remember it being O'Brien, Bashir, and maybe the Ferengis. Unless all of them are planning on building houses on Bajor.

"'Til Death Do Us Part" continues where "Penumbra" left off. Sisko and Kasidy are married, Ezri and Worf have differences to work out... and Kai Winn and Dukat (disguised as a Bajoran) fall in love... or at least she falls for him. And the Breen (the aliens modeled after Princess Leia's mercenary disguise in Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi) join the Dominion. This and the one before it are worth watching, of course; they follow the main arc.

"Strange Bedfellows"... What can I say? The third episode in an arc about love and alliances. Worf and Ezri reconcile their differences, Worf kills Weyoun 7, we meet Weyoun 8, Damar (the Cardassian in charge) helps Worf and Ezri escape, and best of all, Kai Winn shows her true colors, denounces the Prophets, and joins Dukat (still as a Bajoran) in order to follow the path of the Pa-Wraiths. I sense DS9 is drumming up for a big finale... five more to go before the last episode. :(

"The Changing Face of Evil" continues this final arc. I don't suppose there will be any more 'individual' episodes before this is over. Let's see... most notably, Winn discovers "Bajoran Dukat" is really... well, Dukat... but does she have him killed? Or even leave his side? Oh no... Kai Winn and Gul Dukat are officially a team now. Cardassia has broken off from the Dominion... Oh, and the Breen destroyed the Defiant practically with a single shot. So what I want to know now is where Star Trek VIII (First Contact) fits in, since the Defiant makes an appearance. If I remember correctly, Worf was on leave from DS9... when was that in DS9? Similarly Worf was in IX (Insurrection) for sure, and maybe X (Nemesis). I'm sure X takes place after Voyager, and thus after DS9, but I have no idea about IX.

"When it Rains..." is the fifth episode in this arc, and rather than have plot points, it just continues this final story. Let's see... Dukat loses his vision trying to read sacred texts outlining how to free the Pa-Wraiths from their imprisonment... Gowron takes control of the Klingon fleet, and Bashir discovers that Starfleet created the disease plaguing the changelings. Kira, Odo, and Garak join the Cardassian Liberation Front, as Damar and his people call it... with Sisko's blessing, and Kira is given a Starfleet uniform and the (temporary?) rank of Commander.

"Tacking Into the Wind", sixth part of the final arc, has Kira, Odo, and the Cardassians steal a Jem'hadar ship equipped with the Breen weapon and head back to Federation space, and Worf kills Gowron, but gives the cloak of the Chancellor to Martok. Pretty cool...

"Extreme Measures" sort of takes a break from the arc -- but not really. After a cure for Odo, Bashir lures Sloan of Section 31 to the station, and he and O'Brien invade Sloan's mind a la "The Cell" (Jennifer Lopez film with a similar plot, but a lot better visual effects... the room-long cloak, the split horse...). Odo is cured, but what troubles me is we aren't told what Bashir did with the cure after healing Odo; I think he should have destroyed it to carry out Sloan's final wishes, to prevent it from getting into the hands of the Dominion.

Two episodes to go (three if you consider the last is a 2 parter), but I haven't got the time. I'll have to finish DS9 tomorrow.