Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Peter Jennings

It was just announced on tv that Canadian-born ABC news anchor Peter Jennings has passed away from lung cancer.

Since this news just broke I can't find an article to link to. Feel free to post links if you come across them.

I may not have always agreed with him on issues, but RIP just the same.

I know what his family is feeling right now.I lost my mother to that damned disease in May.

I'll pray for his bereved loved ones.

I'm totally shocked! I didn't even know that Peter Jennings was ill. I always liked him, certainly more then Dan Rather.

*sigh*

i found out when i was flipping through the channels. abc broke into programming around midnight. it's sad. i remember when it came out that he was ill. it's too bad.

tm

I normally don't like how networks say goodbye to people like this in their specials. They don't really turn out well, but ABC had so much taste and reverence with the 2-hour uninterupted special they did Tuesday, I almost cried. I work at an ABC affiliate and don't normally like what we have on the air, but I always liked Jennings. He really tried to bring you the story you needed, not what the network wanted you to hear for ratings.

The ending with the ABC News theme played quietly on that trumpet with the horns in the background and the empty anchor desk was just -- well, it was nice.

I will certainly miss his style of telling a story.