Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Would you go see the next movie?

Would you go see a DS9, VOY, or New Cast movie?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see a DS9, VOY, or New Cast movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on which is made - (specify)

yes, definately, although if it's a DS9, I've got some catching up to do...

Not really. The key to a successful tv series-based movie is to make it a stand alone story, thus you could know nothing about DS9 and enjoy the movie, if done right. :laugh:

If and when they come out with another movie, I would take my father to see it because we've seen the last 10 together and he'd phaser me out of existance if I decided not to see #11. Just means another DVD for him and another one for me.....whatta collection!

If it isn't TNG or Enterprise, don't expect to see me there. I don't have the emotional attachment with the other series to go - would probably get the DVD though. As for a new cast, probably not - I just can't imagine going to a Trek movie and seeing a group of strangers up on the screen. It would be like going to any ol' movie, not something special like a Trek movie.

If it isn't TNG or Enterprise, don't expect to see me there.  I don't have the emotional attachment with the other series to go - would probably get the DVD though.  As for a new cast, probably not - I just can't imagine going to a Trek movie and seeing a group of strangers up on the screen.  It would be like going to any ol' movie, not something special like a Trek movie.

Why do you need emotional attachment? What's wrong with a new cast? You see movies all the time where the characters are new. Why should Trek be any different?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Because you need the emotional attachment to identify with the character. If its a whole new crew, they would not ahve time to introduce all of them, and the mission, resolve the mission and let you get to know these new people in two hours.

Trek had always been an emotional show, why do you think we like Data so much? he showed us our emotions and moved us without having them himself. That is awesome!

Personally, I've ahd enough people to get to know in the trek world, don't think i want to get to know any more.

Still, what's the difference between going to a "new cast" Star Trek movie and going to see any other original movie? Either way, it's new characters. As for not being emotional? I've seen stand-alone movies that were just as emotional as the Trek movies.

I would see it regardless, but I might still have my doubts. A DS9 would be great for fans, but confussing, and complicated in terms of getting the whole cast back together, and not making it all feel forced.