Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Is It A Record?

I don't know and I hope you can tell me, has Star Trek ever went into the Book of World Records for the longest running TV show? Or anything else? I mean Trek has had 600+ episodes, so it has been in the book for something hasn't it? just wondering. :biggrin:

The ones I could find on the site are:

Largest Science Fiction Club

The science fiction club with the largest membership is Starfleet International Star Trek Fan Association. Founded in 1974 and based in Maryland, USA, the organization boasts over 4,100 annual members all dedicated to the ideals of the Star Trek television series.

There are hundreds of Starfleet chapters around the world – from Britain and the USA to Moldavia and Uzbekistan – united by the Prime Directive: "To share our interest in Star Trek in an open environment, to serve our community, and to have fun."

Largest Space Funeral

The ashes of 24 space pioneers and enthusiasts, including Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and rocket scientist Kraffte Ehricke, were sent into orbit on April 21, 1997. The ashes will stay in orbit for between 18 months and 10 years. The Star Trek creator had technically already been in space. On a Space Shuttle mission in 1992, an astronaut and friend of Roddenberry had secretly stowed a few grams of his ashes on board.

The science fiction club with the largest membership is Starfleet International Star Trek Fan Association. Founded in 1974 and based in Maryland, USA

This club started life as the Star trek Association of Towson. STAT for short. I actually used to be a member way back when. This is the same group that puts on the Shore Leave Trek con every year.

WWE Raw set a record 2 weeks ago, with the most original Fictional Episodes for a Series, I think it beat Gun Smoke

The science fiction club with the largest membership is Starfleet International Star Trek Fan Association. Founded in 1974 and based in Maryland, USA

This club started life as the Star trek Association of Towson. STAT for short. I actually used to be a member way back when. This is the same group that puts on the Shore Leave Trek con every year.

Kor37

I must let you and ohers know that your post is in error. The Star Trek Association Of Towson (STAT) was not founded untill 1978. I know this as I was one of the original founders of this club. I was the convention chairman of Shore Leave 1 in 1979. Starfleet is not an offshoot of STAT, nor is STAT an offshoot of Starfleet. While the 2 clubs share some membership and Starfleet holds meetings at Shore Leave and some of their members have worked at Shore Leave that is their only true connection.

Edited by statstarter