What Do You Think?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think?

• It should start just being movies
    • It should continue to be a TV series and movies
    • It should just be a TV series, no more movies
    • It should just end and be nothing
    • other

I was pondering this, do you think Trek should drop the TV series and just start having movies come out every few years? I don't think I would mind the change, it would give the fans a break from Trek and yet still give us a little if a movie just came out every three or four years. To me, that would be better than having no new Trek at all. What do you think? Could Trek survive longer if it just turned into a movie series or should they continue to make TV series? Nothing at all?

I don’t really like when things like Star Trek do only movies. Movies don’t set any type of background (with the exception of FC) and tend to ignore a lot; focusing on only the “action” in a story.

I voted TV and movies, as the balance is what made Star Trek goods far.

I voted that it should be both- but again: Only if some kind of quality can be maintained. Of the last 4 Star Trek films, only First Contact was worth the price of admission.

Part of the problem with Star Trek is that nothing is ever really at stake. No one ever thinks the Federation is really threatened or that anyone is going to die...in short- Star Trek is crippled by its own predictability. One of the reasons Wrath of Khan was so good was because of the heroic death of Spock, made pointless by the grossly inferior STIII:The Search for Plot. No one expected Spock to die, and it wasn't just that he died, but he died well as befits a well written tragedy.

I want both as well. I want to know the characters, the relationships, the ship, etc. first. That is one of the reason I really don't want to see a new cast movie. I'm not sure if I can really enjoy a movie featuring characters I know nothing about.

Well,personally I think it should go away for a few years.No tv,no movies.

Then around...2010,maybe,another tv series could debut,then if that series is successful,another movie.

Well,personally I think it should go away for a few years.No tv,no movies.

Then around...2010,maybe,another tv series could debut,then if that series is successful,another movie.

344476[/snapback]

What can be done then that can not be done now? All that will do is make people forget it being the massive thing it was; turning it into something people watch and say "Wasn’t this based on something?" instead of it being a continuation; it would be like a new series… I personally would not like that.

Also not all Star Trek fans will patently wait 5 years, many people that like Star Trek like it for the fact there was always more of it and that it was something you could really sink yourself into, most people like this (I was one) will start caring less and less about Star Trek (as I have) to the point they no longer care much about it at all.

The only thing time is going to do is make Trek forgotten and maybe give it a new start; both bad things for all diehard Star Trek fans (would you like to see TOS remade in a way it was totally different? Well that is definitely a possibility if it got a “new start”).

Some of the members are not old enough or where not born when the first move came to theaters. I was just 4 or 5 when the motion picture was in the theaters for the first time. Before the movie there where the cartoons. After the cartoons was the television series. Between the series and the movie there wasn't much of trek out for the public, but the fans where still very loyal and very hungry for new trek. After the first movie come out it couple of years for the second IMO the best trek movie to come. After the movie there was no television series to fill the void until the next movie.

We as fans have become very spoiled IMO. There is too much trek out and where are not hungry enough for best quality. We are accepted whatever they come out with little or no problems. Trek needs a break, period. If they just go back just movies out 2 to 3 years it will go a long way bring back that hungry that the fans had in the 70s and early 80s.

it should continue as a Movie and series but wait for about 10 years before a new series, and maby 2 years after that a movie about them. I dont like the idea of a Movie with a crew I dont now.

I'd like to see both a series and movies. They shouldn't rush to make a series - maybe they should wait another 2 years, and come up with something really special and unique. I'd be happy with a Trek movie no more often than every 4 years, as long as they're not made just to have Trek on the screen.

An occasional mini-series would be another option, each one focusing on one aspect of Trek, like the Klingons, the Vulcans, Starfleet Acadamy, etc...

Edited by BakulaBabe

The mini-series idea is interesting. As a long-time ST fan who saw the original series in real time, I remember those long years without Trek - and it wasn't much fun. While we have a lot more reruns to watch now, it's just not the same as having new series or new movies coming out every few years. Be careful what you wish for - it could mean many years without big screen or little screen Trek, and I for one would be sad and disappointed if that happens. Fans should be screaming for better Trek NOW imo. B) :biggrin: :bow:

Edited by trekz

I wish they would go the mini-series route for each of the series where the cast is still young enough to hold a phaser believably. I think the TNG folks are starting to look a little worse for wear, but some serious physical training and good make-up could salvage the crew well-enough for a really good, well-written 5 or 6 part mini-series that would have so much meat on it we'd all feel like we were on the Atkins diet!

Likewise for my darling Deep Space Nine ... a good solid 8 to 12 hours featuring Sisko returning from the Wormhole would be beyond cool for me. They could use those Avatar and Mission Gamma books ... the story is already there, just adapt it for the screen. Incredible.

Hell, I'd even watch a Voyager mini-series as long as that Braga character was not involved in its creation. And Berman needs to get out of the equation as well.

I might even give Enterprise a chance to please me if B&B turned it over to a more capable creative staff. Bring back Piller, Behr, Moore and Co. They are the people who really care about Trek and about us.

So my answer is "other" ... no t.v. and no movies until Berman is GONE.

Should be Movies and T.V series good balance of Both but of high quality after a certain amount of time has passed and also when there good ideas for both in some format or another.

:laugh::bow::bow::tear: