Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Entperise Conclussion

I saw a thread on another message board which gave me the idea for this one.

Star Trek

"Where No Man Has Gone Before"

Began with a random space adventure

"Turnabout Intruder"

Ended with a random space adventure

Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Encounter at Farpoint"

Began with Q judging humanity

"All Good Things..."

Ended with Q judging humanity

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

"Emissary"

Began with Sisko, the Prophets, and the Cardassian conflict

"What You Leave Behind"

Ended with Sisko, the Prophets, and the Dominion War

Star Trek: Voyager

"Caretaker"

Voyager pulled to the Delta Quadrant

"Endgame"

Voyager returns to Earth

Enterprise

"Brokwen Bow"

Enterprise begins her mission, Klingon first contact, Temporal Cold War

Now, as you can see, it's kind of a tradition that Trek, among other shows, end with the same plot they started with.

With that said, wether ENT is cancelled or comes to an end after a good 7 or so year run, how would you like to see it end? Let us know both your cancellation and full run endings. :)

1. I think we will see the beginning of the Romulan War.

2. The foundation of the UFP will be in its infancy stage, laying the gound work, various alliances made, etc. (the formation of the Federation doesn't occur until 2162, right?)

3. I believe TPTB will end Enterprise with the conclusion to the Temporal Cold War, with some sort of "reset button."

A. If Q is introduced into the series, then it may be him that snaps his fingers and resets the timelime.

B. Archer's clock is used to as some sort of means to restore the timelime. It may contain data to help Enterprise "fix" a situation. It may be the reset button--just dial up the right time, April 2151, and the whole thing never happened.

Personally I would like to see the clock used in some manner to end the Temporal Cold War. However, I really don't want to see it used as a reset button, but I have a feeling TPTB may go that route. I also personally don't Enterprise to end on a "reset". To me that would be the easy way out for the writers.

1. I think we will see the beginning of the Romulan War.

2. The foundation of the UFP will be in its infancy stage, laying the gound work, various alliances made, etc. (the formation of the Federation doesn't occur until 2162, right?)

3. I believe TPTB will end Enterprise with the conclusion to the Temporal Cold War, with some sort of "reset button." 

A. If Q is introduced into the series, then it may be him that snaps his fingers and resets the timelime.

B. Archer's clock is used to as some sort of means to restore the timelime.  It may contain data to help Enterprise "fix" a situation. It may be the reset button--just dial up the right time, April 2151, and the whole thing never happened.

Personally I would like to see the clock used in some manner to end the Temporal Cold War.  However, I really don't want to see it used as a reset button, but I have a feeling TPTB may go that route. I also personally don't Enterprise to end on a "reset".  To me that would be the easy way out for the writers.

I like ideas 1 & 2. Federation is founded in 2161, although if this was never said on screen, they might try and change it so it could happen in the ENT finale, or tey might keep '61 so they can do a movie about it.

As for option 3, if they do a "reset button" ending, I might boycot future Trek series. A "resent button" would mean the entire series never happened and waisted my time. If they do that for an episode, it's all in good fun and still happened to some degree, but to do it with an entire series? :lol:

Stardate:213496.8

I agree with CJLP if they do a reset button at the end that will destroy alot of my interest in Star Trek.Like the Captian said it will basically mean that the series was for nothing and was a big waste of time.If that happens I will also not be watching any more new series they make. :lol:

I LIKE 1 & 2 OF THE OPTIONS THAT LT. RIANN POSTED BUT, NO RESET BUTTONS. THAT WOULD BE DUMB OF THE WRITERS TO DO.

Actually the founding of the United Federation of Planets is mentioned in the TNG episode "The Outcast" they say the year 2161.

At this point, I think it's far too early to even begin to think about considering to guess.  B)

Unfortunatly that isn't true. I've just read an article that says less than 5 million people in America have been watching Enterprise. Compare with 20 million for TNG. Enterprise is guaranteed 1 more season. After that it depends on the audiences...

Anyone in Britain can read this. Look in the magazine Radio Times. :wacko:

It's doing worse than Voyager??

I Loved Voyager, but I know it didn't score to high in the Ratings but still got 7 seasons

and who Knows....maybe Enterprise will get better

cause ya know...for Trek Spinoffs, Season 3 is the magic Season B)