Sign in to follow this  
Validus

Lousy Special Features

Am I the only one here that's as bugged about the lack of good special features on the various Star Trek DVD's?

Now granted, so far the ones for the films have been very good and I'm more then pleased.

But how could they make DVD's for Voyager, DS9, Next Generation and the Original Series...

Without any audio-commentaries at all?

I couldn't believe that they had no audio-commentaries especially given the heafty price tag for each season. By contrast, Babylon-5 is loaded with commentaries by the show's creator and the cast. Now don't misunderstand me, I know Gene Roddenberry is gone, but they could have at least let some of the cast and script-writers have their say...it would have made them so much better.

I also can't believe they did all those seasons without any bloopers, especially the famous bloopers which have been shown countless times at conventions of the Original Cast. I was so bummed when I finally got all three seasons of TOS and I was like "That's all...that's it???" I paid $109.00 a pop (Best Buy) plus sales tax and that's all they give us...???

Even Babylon-5 and Buffy feature gag reels...are the people at Paramount just idiots or what...???

OH you are so right on that I think Paramount really don't care about what they put in as long it gets out there and they make there money I'm with you on this one, need to do what the borg do LOL if you know what I mean :flowers:

Brian

It's all about the future releases, "next time" will be better. :cheers:

Actually though I am satisfied with all the series DVDs, more features would have been nice but I wanted the episodes and that's what I got so any features present were icing..

I am a little ticked over the lack of DTS sound on all but the INS & NEM SE, it being the third time buying those films (VHS, DVD, DVD SEs) I feel a little cheated but I'll live.

Well-

I wouldn't be so pissed except that this is the second time they've issued the original series on DVD...so it was my hope they might "get it right" this time. They did the same thing to fans of Farscape....they released the show in expensive ($45.00 a shot) packs with like 4-5 episodes a pack. Then they reissued the whole thing in special editions that contained better special features and like 8-10 episodes for only $9.99 at Best Buy. Same with Inuyasha, oddly enough. :tear:

Paramount really knows how to shaft the fans. :cheers:

Edited by Validus

Personally, I'm happy with just the episodes. I couldn't care less about special features.

DS9 special features rock... I love all those hidden files! Section 31 baby, woohoo!

TNG's were also very good.

The special edition Kahn and Voyage Home DVDs we bought seemed to have plenty of extras.

(Personally, I HATE audio commentary, so I never even noticed it wasn't offered.)

I really didn't expect to have the amount of features that you get on those Lord of the Rings special edition DVDs ... good God! Peter Jackson may have spoiled us all a bit and now we think we're going to get the same treatment from everything we buy.

Peter Jackson not withstanding, if you want me to pay more then $100.00 for a show that aired before I was born...by God you better give me a reason!!!.

I mean- any given season of Buffy is loaded to the gills with special features and only costs $44.99 brand new!

Peter Jackson not withstanding, if you want me to pay more then $100.00 for a show that aired before I was born...by God you better give me a reason!!!.

I mean- any given season of Buffy is loaded to the gills with special features and only costs $44.99 brand new!

344936[/snapback]

Buffy needs all those special features to sell those DVDs ... the show sucked. They'd have to pay me $45 just to take it off their hands.

You think Buffy sucked? I'm sorry to hear that your so very opinionated...I have to wonder if you've actually given the show a chance. Like Babylon-5, you can't really jump in at the middle...otherwise you'll be lost.

For me, the Trek DVDs are worth the money. It all depends on how often you watch them. For me, I watch my DVDs a lot so the value is excellent.

I can't think of any non-Trek series that I enjoy enough or would watch often enough to spend even $50 for a season.

I would buy the Episodes for the episodes, just so i could catch up on everything i missed... and i wouldn't care about the Special Features... only reason i haven't is that they're 118$. For each season. The special features don't make the movie... as, if you own or have rented the Princess Mononoke DVD... it has the original trailer, and a small featurette on the making of... and thats it, and it's still in the top 3 of the best movies i've seen.

You think Buffy sucked?  I'm sorry to hear that your so very opinionated...I have to wonder if you've actually given the show a chance.  Like Babylon-5, you can't really jump in at the middle...otherwise you'll be lost.

345139[/snapback]

Well, now that is pretty much the pot calling the kettle black. I'M so very opinionated ... :laugh::bow:

Yes, we tuned in to Buffy briefly after those jerks at FX replaced my beloved 90210 with that Gellar vehicle. All of sudden I had two hours of my favorite show yanked out from under me ... instead of being able to watch 4 hours of 90210 every day, they cut me down to two!!! Oh, the humanity! :bow:

There's just something I don't like about female heroines ... I am woman, hear me roar and all that tripe. I can't stand that Jennifer Garner either ... alias/shmalias ... can I please just have my Kelly/Dylan and Donna/David back now? :tear: