Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Enterprise Earns Three Emmy Nominations

From TrekWeb.com:

Nominations for the 57th Annual Emmy Awards have been announced and STAR TREK ENTERPRISE received three nods, garnering all the nominations for UPN. All of the nominations were in the technical categories.

In the Outstanding Hairstyling For A Series category, "In a Mirror, Darkly" was nominated againast ALIAS, AMERICAN DREAMS, CARNIVALE, DEADWOOD, and MADtv.

In the Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series,Miniseries, Movie Or A Special category, Michael Westmore and his team's work in "United" earned a nomination against CARNIVALE, THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS, MADtv, and NIP/TUCK.

In the Outstanding Stunt Coordination category, Stunt Coordinator Vince Deadrick Jr. was nominated for his work in "Borderland" and "Cold Station 12". The competition includes ALIAS, ER, USA's The Last Ride, and 24.

ENTERPRISE was shut out of the Outstanding Visual Effects category by LOST, and Sci-Fi's entire Friday line-up, including two episodes of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, STARGATE SG-1, and STARGATE: ATLANTIS

William Shatner earned a Supporting Actor in a Drama nomination for BOSTON LEGAL following his win as a Guest Actor on THE PRACTICE last season.

The ceremony for the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will be September 18 on CBS. Last September, the series brought home two Emmy Awards for musical composition and visual effects.

Getting an Emmy for hairstyling cracks me up.

"What did you get your Emmy for?"

"Oh.....Its because I had a nice haircut!"......... :P

That's great! But going up for hairstyling against Mad TV won't be easy :wink2:

So...remind me why they cancelled it?

Low ratings.

Let's not go nuts. Emmy nominations for hairstyles, prosthetics and stunts doesn't impress that much. Star Trek TV series are often nominated in those catagories.

No big deal.

(No, I'm not ENT bashing. I would be equally unimpressed if my beloved DS9 was only nominated in those catagories too).

Hair and make-up awards and technological awards are just bones they throw to shows to try and make up for ignoring the writing and acting. It's a crime how they treat television shows that don't fit that "Hollywood" ideal of the flavor of the week. Don't even get me started on how stupid I find that show "Nip/Tuck" ....

Star Trek is the whipping boy for the Hollywood elite ... we'll never see them recognizing anything other than the costumes, make-up or special effects. The same type of sci-fi prejudice has been going on since the first Star Wars movie didn't win best picture in 1977 (Annie Hall??? I ask you ....).

Star Trek is the whipping boy for the Hollywood elite ... we'll never see them recognizing anything other than the costumes, make-up or special effects.  The same type of sci-fi prejudice has been going on since the first Star Wars movie didn't win best picture in 1977 (Annie Hall??? I ask you ....).

339716[/snapback]

I agree. It doesn't matter how good Trek is, it's ignored by the Hollywood snobs who are members of these organizations. It was an absolute miracle when TNG was nominated for Best Series back in 1994. I'm still bitter they lost to Picket Fences even though I knew there was no chance in hell of TNG winning.

How does Enterprise not get an effects nod? From what I've seen Enterprise's effects are superior or on equal footing to every other series nominated.

UPN's only noms come from Enterprise. The irony is delicious.

How does Enterprise not get an effects nod? From what I've seen Enterprise's effects are superior or on equal footing to every other series nominated.

Agreed. Star Trek's special effects are far superior to all other TV shows.

UPN's only noms come from Enterprise. The irony is delicious.

That was the only decent show they had. Other than WWE SmackDOWN of course, but WWE are ending their Viacom relationship very soon.

I've seen the rest of the programming on UPN and honestly it's complete and total crap.

There will be a new Star Trek series in about five years.

Paramount are planning to rest the television franchise for a while.

Though there may be a movie in 2007.

There will be a new Star Trek series in about five years.

Paramount are planning to rest the television franchise for a while.

Though there may be a movie in 2007.

340350[/snapback]

Oh no! I want one now! :lol: