Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

I Pledge Allegiance...

With the 4th Of July being the biggest national holiday for the United States, and being just next week I thought it proper to post something meaningful about the United States. For those members that are not from the U.S. this is the Pledge Of Pledge Allegiance. It is recited in schools, churches, town hall meetings and other places both public and private.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag

of the United States of America,

and to the Republic for which it stands:

one Nation under God, indivisible,

With Liberty and Justice for all.

For those of us that have recited this without thinking of the meaning of the words said or may not understand their meaning please read the following:

• I Pledge Allegiance ~ I Promise to be faithful and true (Promise my loyalty)

• to the flag ~ to the emblem that stands for and represents

• of the United States ~ all 50 states, each of them individual, and individually represented on the flag

• of America ~ yet formed into a UNION of one Nation.

• and to the Republic ~ And I also pledge my loyalty to the Government that is itself a Republic, a form of government where the PEOPLE are sovereign,

• for which it stands, ~ this government also being represented by the Flag to which I promise loyalty.

• one Nation under God, ~ These 50 individual states are united as a single Republic under the Divine providence of God, "our most powerful resource" (according to the words of President Eisenhower)

• Indivisible, ~ and can not be separated. (This part of the original version of the pledge was written just 50 years after the beginning of the Civil War and demonstrates the unity sought in the years after that divisive period in our history)

• with Liberty ~ The people of this Nation being afforded the freedom to pursue "life, liberty, and happiness",

• and Justice ~ And each person entitled to be treated justly, fairly, and according to proper law and principle,

• for All. ~ And these principles afforded to EVERY AMERICAN, regardless of race, religion, color, creed, or any other criteria. Just as the flag represents 50 individual states that can not be divided or separated, this Nation represents millions of people who can not be separated or divided.

The above listing was found on HomeOfHeroes.com

The audio file is aprox 600kb and may take a moment to load, you may also need to push play several times. Be patient though, I think the audio file is worth a moment to listen to.

Definitly a cool posting Bossman...Just a reminder..Canada day is up on July 1st as well.

Definitly a cool posting Bossman...Just a reminder..Canada day is up on July 1st as well.

yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

canadab.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!

AND

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

YES A DAY OF FREEDOM!!!! NOW IS ALL I NEED IS MY OWN PERSONAL DAY OF FREEDOM FORM HOMER SIMPSON ( THIS IS WHAT I CALL MY HUSBAND AS, HE LOOKS LIKE HIM.) :)

Great post VBG!!!

Yes, I cant wait.. my mom's payday and my payday(plus if workers comp EVER gets back with me about my lost hours :lol: ) happens to be the day or two before...and it just so happens that a fireworks store just had its grand opening near our city.....cant wait to get some really good fireworks. then its sit in the driveway, with the radio on tuned to one of the large amounts of stations doing a 4th of July broadcast(from one of the many shows/concerts going on in Daytona and Jacksonville)..and have our own little display(either that or I will play my new Mannheim Steamroller CD--American Spirit, or one of my John Williams CDs).

You're lucky, fireworks are illegal where I live and that a bummer on the Forth, I haven't owned and set off fireworks since 75. :lol: