Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Street Fighter II Vs. Mortal Kombat

So which Series of fighting games did you like more?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. So which Series of fighting games did you like more?

• Street Fighter II
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Other Expain (2d format only)

Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II are some of the best games ever

Keep in Mind I'm talking only about 2-d Fighting Games, No 3-d like Tekken or Virtua Fighter! :laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

you know me, MK all the way! MK2 is a masterpiece in the fighting genre. Though MK3 was a little disappointing, I liked Ultimate MK3 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Big MK fan, even now. Nothing beats Scorpion and Sub-Zero :rolleyes:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!! :rolleyes:

LOL

Though MK3 was a little disappointing, I liked Ultimate MK3

I Have A Feeling That UMK3 Was Meant To Be MK3 In The First Place, But That They Released The Game Early And Unfinished For Some Reason.

Mortal Kombat!

kombat1.gif

I still remember the blood code for Genesis... A B A C A B B :blink:

Street Fighter.

I could never win Mortal Kombat at the higher levels of game play.I could always beat Streetfighter. :blink:

Mortal Kombat 3 baby! :)

I had a bunch of friends over the other day and all we did was have a big MK3 tournament. Even my girlfriend was having a blast.

it looks like Mortal Kombat is rip[ping the Spine off SF

338660[/snapback]

Fatality.

:eekout:

(MK) but I Still have ("Killer Instinct") Fighting game from SNES including the Guide and Music cd.

and i've also bought the DVD film MK.

Flawless Victory!!

:P :eekout::wow::laugh:

If you want the ultimate Mortal Kombat Arcade experience I suggest going out and buying Midway Arcade Treasures 2. It's only $20 for X-Box and PS2. It includes, among some other great things, the full uncensored arcade versions of MK2 and MK3. It looks and sounds just like the arcade!!!

And if you want the arcade version of the original MK, I suggest buying the Special Sub-Zero Edition of Mortal Kombat Deception for PS2. It comes with the bonus disc that has the full arcade version of MK1. So you can have the full arcade versions of MK, MK2 and MK3. Believe me, it's just like if you had the arcade machine in your house, it's incredible, just yesterday I was playing MK2 on it again. On a big screen TV, it definitely feels like an arcade machine. Fantastic!!

I had MK for the Sega CD, which felt exactly like the arcade with awsome Sound effects from the CD, Graphics were a little better then the genesis version

:oops:

The problem with Mortal Kombat is that you have to "dial in" the moves which isn't about skill so much as merely being able to memorize.

Now Street Fight....that's a game that requires actual skill and tactics as well as reflexes.

I've yet to see a fighting game as good as 1998's Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS1. :( :(

I went to Target Yesterday ad I saw a Mortal Kombat Plug N Play game, When I come home from Vacation, I am so getting it

IMO, Mortal Kombat was nothing more than just a "BLOOD N GUTS" gimmick that I would soon tire of.

Street Fighter II would keep me playing for hours.

"TIGER UPPERCUT!!!!"

"HADOKEN!!!!!"

"SHOOOOOO-RYU-KEN!!!!!"

I loved it. :lol: :lol:

I loved both Don't get me wrong, but the Finishers or Fatalities in Mortal Kombat was an awsome concept that gave it the edge, with or without blood, but I liked the colorful graphics of SF II alittle better then the 1st MK, but MK 2 had beautifual backgrounds, and plus all the hidden characters in MK 2 was awsome

i never got into Killer Instincts, Nintendo Ticked me off with it, cause the 1st MK game they wouldnt allow blood, but then TPTB @ Nintendo decided to make ther own bloodfest, a bunch of Hippos I say

If you want the ultimate Mortal Kombat Arcade experience I suggest going out and buying Midway Arcade Treasures 2. It's only $20 for X-Box and PS2. It includes, among some other great things, the full uncensored arcade versions of MK2 and MK3. It looks and sounds just like the arcade!!!

And if you want the arcade version of the original MK, I suggest buying the Special Sub-Zero Edition of Mortal Kombat Deception for PS2. It comes with the bonus disc that has the full arcade version of MK1. So you can have the full arcade versions of MK, MK2 and MK3. Believe me, it's just like if you had the arcade machine in your house, it's incredible, just yesterday I was playing MK2 on it again. On a big screen TV, it definitely feels like an arcade machine. Fantastic!!

339420[/snapback]

I bought the Midway Arcade Treasures 2, Awsome, and it also has Pit-Fighter and Primal Rage in it, I just now need the plug n Play of MK 1