Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Russian Astrologer sues NASA

This would be funny if it wasn't really being allowed to proceed:

Yahoo

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian astrologist who says    NASA has altered her horoscope by crashing a spacecraft into a comet is suing the U.S. space agency for damages of $300 million, local media reported on Monday.

NASA deliberately crashed its probe, named Deep Impact, into the Tempel 1 comet to unleash a spray of material formed billions of years ago which scientists hope will shed new light on the composition of the solar system.

"It is obvious that elements of the comet's orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion, which interferes with my astrology work and distorts my horoscope," Izvestia daily quoted astrologist Marina Bai as saying in legal documents submitted before Monday's collision.

This really is ridiculous. Then again, people sue for stupid reasons all the time.

I would like to see her prove her claims though. What evidence can possibly exist?

Sheesh, what a knucklehead. And what a waste of legal resources. Maybe she's just looking for attention.

Ok did someone for get to take their anti-psychotics today???

I hope the woman doesn't believe she's actually going to win a settlement,or even have her case make it to trial.

:)

People like that should be sh0t dead. Sueing for anything.. jebus! Its due to people like that, that my school had to tarmac the whole the thing over, and turn it all eco warrior and Health and safty blah blah!

Well I might just sue them because they failed to prevent space dust falling on my head, when I was precisly 13 months old....

Update, the claim was rejected. Shame it was, I was starting to come up with all kinds of claims because of them bombing the moon a while back...

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080319/jsp/...ory_9036225.jsp

In 2005, Marina Bai, a Russian astrologer, sued NASA for £165 million for “disrupting the balance of the universe”. She claimed that the space agency’s Deep Impact space probe, which was due to hit a comet later that year to harvest material from the explosion, was a “terrorist act”. A Moscow court accepted Russian jurisdiction to hear the claim but it was eventually rejected.