Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Personalized Banners

I'v had an idea for some new logo banners that would be used along with the ones we currently have rotating at the top of the board.

Anyone wishing to participate would need to make, or have made for you a custom member banner. It would be kind of like the Holiday banners we did last year except you would add your personal pictures (of yourself) into the banner like I've done here:

Click For Spoiler

I figured that since this is a Star Trek Fans site, why not use the fans in some of the banners?

The rules would be pretty simple.

No nudity or profanity.

You must use the same "STARTREKFANS.NET" lettering that is used through out all of the other banners and it can't be covered by other text or photos. (after all these will be the board's logo pics)

No advertising other web sites (Again because these are going to be our logo banners)

Username can't be larger then STARTREKFANS.NET (Again it's a logo thing lol)

If you use mine as an example you will see that I have included my username on the banner. That is an option, you don't have to include your username if you don't wish but it'll be more fun if everyone knows who you are. Just keep your user name small like I have mine.

I know there's a few people that know how to use Photoshop, so if you want me to give you the PSD file of the blank just let me know. The PSD is broken into layers so you can put pictures behind each layer. The way I have myself standing behind the Logo.

If you don't now how to do this kind of thing but want to participate don't fret, there's enough people here that do know how to that we'll be happy to make one for you.

Any Photoshop people that wish to help out those in need just let it be known that you are willing and we'll go from there.

Here are blank Banner for you to use (one in .jpg format and one in .psd format).

Click For Spoiler

Just a reminder that if anyone would like a banner done but you don't have the software to do it, just send us a picture of yourself and we'll see that one is made.

Many of the mods have Photoshop or equivalent photo editing software so you can contact any of us.

For those who can't get the .psd template shown in the first post of this thread to open, here are links to the banner components in a jpg format:

Template Background The banner is 712 x 114 pixels.

Template Logo You'll have to re-size the logo to approximately 624 x 44 pixels.