Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trekz

Totally Frustrated

Right now I am highly frustrated. Perhaps it's related to work and lack of sleep. I am frustrated with traffic and rude drivers. I am frustrated with my mayor, governor, state representative and of course, my Presdent. I am frustrated with people who seem to think that they should always come first, no matter what. I am frustrated with my attempts to give my opinon on this board. Generally ticked off I guess. Sorry I just had to vent!

Perhaps a good night sleep is what you need. I think the cure is warm milk with a little nutmeg (Picard's Aunt Adelle's recipe).

What is frustrating you about posting your opinions here?

I seem to be misinterpreted by some people when I give my opinion and I am finding it frustrating, particularly becasue I try to write carefully and thoughtfully on issues that matter to me. I feel that through my work choices (teacher, librarian) I have tried to give back to my community and state, that I am a caring individual that has thoughtful ideas and am again highly irked when they seem misunderstood and perhaps twisted by others.

I am almost afriad to ask, Kor, but ...what do you mean by ... a trip to the Chicken ranch?

I seem to be misinterpreted by some people when I give my opinion and I am finding it frustrating, particularly becasue I try to write carefully and thoughtfully on issues that matter to me.

I am almost afriad to ask, Kor, but ...what do you mean by ... a trip to the Chicken ranch?

I seem to be misinterpreted by some people when I give my opinion and I am finding it frustrating, particularly becasue I try to write carefully and thoughtfully on issues that matter to me.  I feel that through my work choices (teacher, librarian) I have tried to give back to my community and state, that I am a caring individual that has thoughtful ideas and am again highly irked when they seem misunderstood and perhaps twisted by others.

333811[/snapback]

Don't feel that way, it's easy to misunderstand posts on a written forum. You have no way of "reading" body language and voice tone here. What you see as people misinterpreting you may only be people giving their long standing opinions on whatever the topic at hand is.

For example, in the term limits thread I have voiced my opinion which differs from yours and some other peoples opinions but my opinion on term limits was formed 20 years (or more) ago.

In that thread I understand your point of view and understand the intentions of our opinion. It's a valid opinion. But disagreement doesn't mean that you're misinterpreted.

Right now I am highly frustrated.  Perhaps it's related to work and lack of sleep.  I am frustrated with traffic and rude drivers.  I am frustrated with my mayor, governor, state representative and of course, my Presdent.  I am frustrated with people who seem to think that they should always come first, no matter what.  I am frustrated with my attempts to give my opinon on this board.  Generally ticked off I guess.  Sorry I just had to vent!

333658[/snapback]

Sorry about that Trekz. :hug:

Living in Chicago, you have the right to be upset with the traffic, definitely the Gov, and I'm wondering who your State Rep? Hyde perhaps?

Find something that makes you truly happy, let the other things go while you indulge yourself.

Then the other stuff doesn't seem so bad.

Don't feel that way, it's easy to misunderstand posts on a written forum. You have no way of "reading" body language and voice tone here. What you see as people misinterpreting you may only be people giving their long standing opinions on whatever the topic at hand is.

In that thread I understand your point of view and understand the intentions of our opinion. It's a valid opinion. But disagreement doesn't mean that you're misinterpreted.

334034[/snapback]

What he said!

333813[/snapback]

I believe the Chicken Ranch is the name of a brothel.

Thank you everyone who has thus far replied - King :hug: , Takara, Kor (although I still don't quite understand your post :) , VBG and MB.

I guess it is just a combination of lots of little frustrations (and a couple big ones) building up. Add in the heat, some personal parking problems, a big conference this weekend - it's amazing I haven't raked the room with gunfire (it's a joke folks a little saying I enjoy!)

I do appreciate your remarks and encouragement. Thank you!!!

The bottom line is that I need to take a deep breathe and try keep things in perspective. The hard part about that is that many of things I strongly believe in seem to be of little importance to those in charge or in control (or they have a policy completely at odds with my view) - and that is deeply upsetting and frustrating to me. Whether its the importance of schools and libraries (and the need to sufficiently fund them), protecting and improving the environment, the role of the judiciary, our national foreign policy, a governor and democratic legislators who are balancing the budget by not making payments into My pension fund :P, the shrill tone on both sides of the political spectrum, a mayor whose administration is full of scandals and corruption yet takes potshots at a senator for his alleged insulting remarks, a huge lack of knowledge about American history and greatness (see 100 greatest Americans!) the idiocy of certain networks in cancelling programming (ENT & Judging Amy), Congress refusing to properly fund educational programming (PBS and NPR), the decision at the state and National level that huge deficits and borrowing funds are good fiscal policy, the continued low level of funding for mental health services, lack of affordable child care, a low level of VA funding for pensions and health care. etc.

As I said below I have tried to make conscious choices in my life by working in fields where I help others (teaching and library services) at rates of compensation that society helps set. Yet my views on what society should be doing seem to be currently rejected at most governmental and decision controlling levels and that is frustrating.

So thats where I am coming from. Thanks for listening (reading!) Thank you again to those with encouraging words.

I can see why you are frustrated dude.

IMO, you are simply worrying about too much.

As if you are Atlas and the world is upon your shoulders.

It's good that you take an interest in the nation and world around you. That's admirable and shows that you possess a social awareness.

But worrying about too much will stress anybody.

What you need to do is simply deal with the things that affect you personally right now.

When you've done that, then you can think about the rest of the world and it's problems.

I have often found chocolate helps. :hug:

I am concerned about a lot of things on your list as well - but its does sound like you need to take a "fun" break - whatever it is you truly like to do - take some time and go do it.

Surround yourself with those who do have similar opinions then Trekz.

Build a support system for yourself of like minded people. Not necessarily "yes" people, but rather people who have similar desires and start to find ways to make subtle changes.

I've been in your shoes, and once I just "let it go", walked away from things that no longer brought me joy, but frustration, well I got happy again.

Take care of yourself, because no one else will do it for you.

Even your most loved ones don't know as well as you do what is the best thing for you to do.

Take some time for some joy in your life again, even if it's just making certain to do your favorite sport, or something solitary.

I guarantee this will help your creative thoughts to flow and the negative to allieviate, and life will have a better outlook!

I have often found chocolate helps. :)

I am concerned about a lot of things on your list as well - but its does sound like you need to take a "fun" break - whatever it is you truly like to do - take some time and go do it.

334213[/snapback]

I agree UH - chocolate does help! An excellent philosophy often demonstrated by Deanna Troi! A fun break is in order but my schedule is really full in the summer and I am totally booked at a conference this weekend. I am not a big fan of crowds so that is not so good. On the other hand I did hear a speech by Barrack Obama that did lift my spirits today, so that is a start!

Surround yourself with those who do have similar opinions then Trekz.

Build a support system for yourself of like minded people.  Not necessarily "yes" people, but rather people who have similar desires and start to find ways to make subtle changes.

I've been in your shoes, and once I just "let it go", walked away from things that no longer brought me joy, but frustration, well I got happy again.

Take care of yourself, because no one else will do it for you.

Even your most loved ones don't know as well as you do what is the best thing for you to do.

Take some time for some joy in your life again, even if it's just making certain to do your favorite sport, or something solitary.

I guarantee this will help your creative thoughts to flow and the negative to allieviate, and life will have a better outlook!

334235[/snapback]

Your suggestions all sound good and make great sense. I need to make or take the time to do them.

Thank you both, UH and MB for your constructive suggestions. My mood has improved a bit.

You have every right to be pissed off! A lot of people are so werid in this world that it takes one person to stay up and change the views of the world.