Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

New Firefly Movie

From SyFy Portal:

'Firefly' Joins SciFi Channel Fridays

Author: Wayne Hall

Date: 06-15-2005

Source: SciFi Wire

Reruns of "Firefly," the space western series created by Joss Whedon that has become a major motion picture, "Serenity," will begin airing on the SciFi Channel, according to SciFi Wire.

All 14 hours of the show that was cancelled by Fox, including three hours not previously aired, will be presented starting Friday, July 22, at 7 p.m. New episodes of 'Stargate SG-1' will follow at 8, 'Stargate Atlantis' at 9 and 'Battlestar Galactica' will be seen at 10.

The episodes will air in their originally intended order, starting with the pilot. When the series was shown on Fox, the third produced hour, "The Train Job," was presented first. The two-hour pilot was actually the last episode aired.

"Firefly" and "Serenity" focus on the crew of a firefly-class transport ship as they try to survive 500 years in the future. They are led by Captain Mal Reynolds, played by Nathan Fillon, who is a veteran of a group that lost a galactic civil war.

"Serenity" will be released in theaters on Friday, September 30.

w00t, I thouroughly enjoyed this television series I was quite irate when Fox cancelled it so soon... Besides it airing the episodes in the wrong order. :huh:

Even though some of the physics were left unexplained, I loved how they took the approach of not including sound-in-space as we are usually accustomed to hearing on other space shows.

I just hope the movie will be as good as the TV series was.

Tonight I saw a movie trailer for the new Firefly movie! This is very exciting to me since Firefly, in my honest opinion, is just as good as any Star Trek show. The characters are great! Jayne is a pretty funny guy, and Kaylee is just the prettiest little engineer in the universe! LOL. I kinda wonder what the story is behind the preacher named Book. Also I think its cool how at first everyone thought River was just some mentally unstable chick, and she turns out to be a killing machine! Then there is Inara, what a hottie! Who would have thought in the future prostitutes would be looked at with honor and they would serve as ambassadors.

Firefly is one of those well written and very intelligent sci-fi shows that people will remember for a long time. Its a shame the Fox network did not see that when they had it on, but soon TPTB at Fox will be eating crow when they see how well Firefly will do at the box office.

I'm very glad the Sci-Fi Channel picked up Firefly and hopefully more people will get a chance to see this truly wonderful show.

I'm happy I saw most of it when it was still on Fox before Space rebroadcast the series again including the unaired ones as well am curious about the film "Serenity"when it comes out in September hopefully I can still see it when I come back from my holidays.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol: :)

It's definitely among my top ten favourite shows of this decade. :rolleyes:

Since Battlestar Galactica is on right now, I'll just provide a few links on this terrific show.

Serenity

Firefly Timeline

It only lasted one year on FOX, but Firefly was, in my opinion, the best space-opera sci-fi series ever on television, and you can get the whole season now on DVD.

Then there is Inara, what a hottie! Who would have thought in the future prostitutes would be looked at with honor and they would serve as ambassadors.

This is after all just one artists' concept of what the "future" will be like. Although the role is played by a particularly beautiful actress. Also, not a totally original concept - remember Cassiopea (sp?) from the original BSG?

I have only seen the eps that Scifi has shown to date -

Then there is Inara, what a hottie! Who would have thought in the future prostitutes would be looked at with honor and they would serve as ambassadors.

This is after all just one artists' concept of what the "future" will be like. Although the role is played by a particularly beautiful actress. Also, not a totally original concept - remember Cassiopea (sp?) from the original BSG?

I have only seen the eps that Scifi has shown to date -

346840[/snapback]

Thats true, its only one concept of the future, But I can hope can't I ? :rolleyes:

I saw almost every episode that was shown on FOX and have watched them all on sci-fi so far. IMO, a great show that was canceled before its time.

I'm definitely going to go see Serenity when it comes to theatres next month. I'm almost positive it's going to suck beyond belief (based on the trailer), but I'm still gonna see it. :rolleyes:

I bought the boxset on 20 mins of seeing Ariel. This show rocked, fox needs to think about its program directors if they let this gem slip away!

Serenity was very doubleplusgood.

The best science-fiction film I've seen in theatres as of this year.

I'd highly recommend it to Firefly and non-Firefly fans alike.

I am sooooo going to see it more than thrice. :assimilated:

I'm going to go see it, but this wkend is pretty much impossible. I'll have to wait a little while.

Hhm. What's it about? Hhm.

355545[/snapback]

Ere's Ebert's review of the film.

He gave it three stars whereas the user rating is three and a half.

Ebert also used to write for this sci-fi short-story pulp magazine for Xero so he's a film critic who knows science-fiction.

Basically, it's an incredibly fun mix of Westerns with space opera that follows a veteran of an intergalactic civil war that he was on the losing side of. After the aftermath, he now commands a transport ship with a crew of thieves trying to survive out on the backwaters of charted space.

It's based off of Joss Whedon's cancelled 2002 TV series entitled Firefly.

Hhm. What's it about? Hhm.

355545[/snapback]

Ere's Ebert's review of the film.

He gave it three stars whereas the user rating is three and a half.

Ebert also used to write for this sci-fi short-story pulp magazine for Xero so he's a film critic who knows science-fiction.

Basically, it's an incredibly fun mix of Westerns with space opera that follows a veteran of an intergalactic civil war that he was on the losing side of. After the aftermath, he now commands a transport ship with a crew of thieves trying to survive out on the backwaters of charted space.

It's based off of Joss Whedon's cancelled 2002 TV series entitled Firefly.

355550[/snapback]

Never seen the TV series but I'll look into it. :assimilated:

Serenity was very doubleplusgood.

The best science-fiction film I've seen in theatres as of this year.

I'd highly recommend it to Firefly and non-Firefly fans alike.

I am sooooo going to see it more than thrice. :(

355456[/snapback]

Doubleplusgood indeed! :lol: And that's comming from someone who didn't like the series that much. It's definitely worth seeing mutiple times. :( I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

I watched the series anyway because it was an interesting concept.

Edited by BakulaBabe