What Did You Think of This Movie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of This Movie?

• A- It is Fantastic
    • B- It is Good
    • C- It is O.K.
    • D- It is Very Disappointing
    • F- It is Horrible

It opens today!!! I can't wait to go see it, for those who have, what did you think of this movie? They say it's fantastic. I'm gonna see it this afternoon and will voice my thoughts when I get back :congrats:

I have seen Batman Begins and I have to say that I have experience a true experience. I absolutely loved this movie. It is the best super hero movie ever made. Batman has dethroned Spider-Man. I’m very surprised with what I am saying, but it is the truth.

This movie reeks of Oscar material. I was absolutely blown away, hard to believe, but this indeed blew Episode III away and has also become the movie to see this summer. The Bat mobile scenes were amazing and just as fascinating as the dialogue and action scenes.

I never cared for Ra’s Al Ghul before this movie, but it has made me a believer in this character, very well developed. The Scarecrow is pure genius, especially when played by the talented actor Cillian Murphy.

The best part was how it ended ready for a sequel, and this movie really deserves one

5 out of 5 stars for sure! Go see this movie now!!!

I would go as far as to say that this movie was darker than the Burton Batman films. It definitely gives more depth to the characters and a very detail back ground that is very very entertaining to watch. Liam "Qui-Gon" Neeson did a great job in this film, what a talented actor! Michael Cain was the perfect choice for Alfred, I was surprised by that.

That's one thing that made this movie so great; it made all of the right choices. Gary Oldman was a great Gordon. I also like how we will see the promotion of Gordon until he becomes Commissioner. He starts off the movie as Sergeant but ends up Lieutenant at the end, great stuff.

I finally saw it! It was great, except for a few things:

One: Katie Holmes was not the best person cast in the movie. I believe she was somewhat miscasted.

Two: Some things were just re-treads, like the Batmobile chase and the fight on the train, which was somewhat flat.

Most things were great:

Christian Bale is the best Batman in the modern movies. Of course, no one could ever top Adam West. :eek::thumbs: He also got the Bruce Wayne character down perfectly. Dark, conflicted, but on the outside, charming and happy with life.

The story was interesting. Scarecrow was better than in the comics or the animated series. Also, I think that it explained the origin of Batman accurately and in an interesting way.

Even though I was disapointed the Ra's Al Ghul was evil ('cause he really isn't that much in the comics), I thought that he was used in an interesting way. I really liked that aspecct of the movie!!

One thing that confuzzled me though, was:

What about Barbara Gordon? I mean, there was a baby in Jim Gordon's house, but the time is all off........eh, nevermind.

Anyways, I loved the movie!! Personally, I think it was the best (with the exception, of course, of the 1966 movie) Batman movie.

I just watched it, the first 45 minutes seemed to drag but they were needed to set things up properly. Once we get to see Batman... Wow! This was the best Batman I've ever seen. I really look forward to future installments, I think this movie could revive the Batman franchise in a big way.

I saw the movie yesterday. It was great. I agree about the beginning.It did drag on a bit but the movie made up for it later.

I saw the movie yesterday. It was great. I agree about the beginning.It did drag on a bit but the movie made up for it later.

333329[/snapback]

Yeah, and even though it dragged on for a while I knew that we had to have it if we were going to get to the point where Batman is born. After seeing the whole movie I see that the first 45 minutes were very much necessary to set up the rest of the movie.

Finally, Batman the way it was meant to be. This is not some campy sanitized version but is instead the Dark Knight as envisioned by Frank Miller from the graphic novels. Bob Kane would no doubt approve of this movie version and it has now set the standard for all Batmans of the future. Personally, I didn't think the movie dragged at all in those first 45 min. When you set something up properly it just makes the middle and the end all the more satisfying.

Actually, I didn't think it was at all like the Frank Miller graphic novels. I thought it was more like the "HUSH" series, actually.

And BTW, no matter what people say, Adam West was the BEST :) Batman. The campy show was a different thing in 1966. People liked it. It saved the comics. I give it a 10!!!!!! :P :hug:

But yeah, it didn't drag on the first 45 mins.

If you read my post a bit more closely, I said the Dark Knight as envisioned by Frank Miller. I never said it was exactly like the graphic novel. I'm talking about the character as Frank saw him. There is a difference. As for Adam West being the best, Puh-leeze. The only people who really liked it in 1966 was anyone under the age of 10. I know, I was one of them. I do agree that it did save the Batman series of comics at the time but Marvel was going strong with their characters that were created by Jack (King) Kirby, and Stan (the man) Lee.

Personally, I didn't think the movie dragged at all in those first 45 min.  When you set something up properly it just makes the middle and the end all the more satisfying.

333797[/snapback]

Initially it dragged for me, but after seeing the whole movie and having the proper context I agree. When I watch it a second time the first 45 minutes will be more meaningful. But like I said, initially I was bored and was starting to think the whole movie would be dull. Boy was I wrong lol.

Well..It Was Called 'Batman Begins' With Good Reason :drool:

I Loved This Movie. I'm Definitely Getting The DVD. BTW, I Know Next To Nothing About The Comics..Cept That The Really Good Ones Were Had The Same Feeling That This Movie Did.

Out Of 10..I Give It...Hmm....."This One Goes To 11." :drool::jaw::drool:

Though I Was Disappointed That We Got No Pre-Two Face Harvy Dent.

*Waits For The "It's Overrated" Post* :jaw:

*Waits For The "It's Overrated" Post*  :jaw:

334905[/snapback]

You won't get that from me. In my opinion this was the single best movie of the first half of 2005 bar none.

I just got back for seeing Batman Begins and i thought it rocked.

I would like to mention that batman forever was the only film I had seen and I loved it, but Batman Begins exceeded all my expectations , it kept me on the edge of my seat and is now my favorite.

I thought the cast was excellent, especially Christian Bale who was brilliant as Bruce Wayne/Batman and I loved the Batmobile, I got to get me one of them :lol:

I thought Batman Begins was an excellent movie and I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD

I did hear that there is going to be a sequel and I look forward to it.

Edited by trek_dude

I've Seen Batman Begins Twice So Far. I Love It. It's Smart, It Takes The Characters And Situations Seriously, Which Was Lacking In The Other Movies As The Went On. Great Film IMO.

I just saw it yesterday and it was awesome. It was fun, being from Chicago, to look for landmarks as the film unfolded. It does look like a sequel is a possibility.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were great. Katie Holmes appears to be out for a sequel. (I guess she can just go jump on a couch with you know who!) Bale was outstanding. More Batman, please!

It was Fantastic action packed from the begining to the End and leaving a clue to the next Bad Guy to defeat they left a calling card of sorts at the end of the film.

:lol: :hug::hug: B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1