Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

If aliens landed tomorrow...

Doubt it.

Roswell, Area 51, Groom Lake and all that other stuff is probably associated with testing of experimental aircraft and the "UFO" thing is most likely a cover story designed to divert attention.

It's easier for the authorities to let the paranoid nerds speculate about aliens and their ships rather than asking questions about classifed military technology and activities.

If aliens had the technology to cross vast distances of the galaxy avoiding asteroids, comets and black holes, I find it hard to believe they would have technical trouble over some hick town in New Mexico.

I think there were. Just look at all the advances we've made in tech since the 40's

Yeah, but just look at the technological advances humanity made in the 60 years before Roswell. That was pretty impressive too, relatively speaking. Was that the influence of aliens too?

330928[/snapback]

IMO, yes, it was influenced by aliens. up until the 1950's, we had a steady advance in tech, then, suddenly, we had a quantum leap, if you will. We were able to advance our space program by years, where we were behind the Germans in developing rockets during WW2.

I also think that explains cell phones, and modern computers too. but, that's just my opinion.

Obviously, you dont know the story of Roswell...

The Aliens CRASHED! AND DIED!

330929[/snapback]

According to legend, not all of them died. one survived for quite a while, or so the story goes.

IMO, yes, it was influenced by aliens. up until the 1950's, we had a steady advance in tech, then, suddenly, we had a quantum leap, if you will. We were able to advance our space program by years, where we were behind the Germans in developing rockets during WW2. I also think that explains cell phones, and modern computers too. but, that's just my opinion.

There was a quantum leap in the 1950's because the United States were using expertise and technology gained from the Nazi scientists and engineers captured after World War II. Nazi Germany in the 1940's was obviously in a war economy and environment where the developement of new technologies to make war was the essential priority. Rocket science came about because Hitler wanted to develop the ultimate weapons to facilitate his expansionist dreams. After World War II, that knowledge and other expertise transferred to the United States to create the technological leap you describe.

It seems a more plausible explanation than the alien theory.

IMO, yes, it was influenced by aliens. up until the 1950's, we had a steady advance in tech, then, suddenly, we had a quantum leap, if you will. We were able to advance our space program by years, where we were behind the Germans in developing rockets during WW2. I also think that explains cell phones, and modern computers too. but, that's just my opinion.

There was a quantum leap in the 1950's because the United States were using expertise and technology gained from the Nazi scientists and engineers captured after World War II. Nazi Germany in the 1940's was obviously in a war economy and environment where the developement of new technologies to make war was the essential priority. Rocket science came about because Hitler wanted to develop the ultimate weapons to facilitate his expansionist dreams. After World War II, that knowledge and other expertise transferred to the United States to create the technological leap you describe.

It seems a more plausible explanation than the alien theory.

330963[/snapback]

You make a good argument.

but, I still say cell phones are alien :congrats:

So how are you guys defining technological advancement? Seriously, we can do things faster now thanks to computers and communications technology; we can process, transmit, calculate etc faster than before. But can we really do anything new? Can we transport, walk through walls, travel at light speed, cure cancer or become invisible, or do we have a phaser which can be set on stun? How about an alternative energy source - if aliens were going to share anything - wouldn't it be energy technology.

All our technology has really done for us is speeded up the rate that we could do the same things we were doing a hundred years ago: communicating, traveling, working and entertaining ourselves.

And how are you measuring technological advancement? Just an observation or do you have some data showing actual rates of technological advances?

Well mobile phones came about from ham radio devices that were fitted in taxicabs and police cars.

This article explains:

Link

And this one explains the developement of computers:

Link

So how are you guys defining technological advancement?  Seriously, we can do things faster now thanks to computers and communications technology; we can process, transmit, calculate etc faster than before.  But can we really do anything new?  Can we transport, walk through walls, travel at light speed, cure cancer or become invisible, or do we have a phaser which can be set on stun?  How about an alternative energy source - if aliens were going to share anything - wouldn't it be energy technology. 

All our technology has really done for us is speeded up the rate that we could do the same things we were doing a hundred years ago: communicating, traveling, working and entertaining ourselves.

And how are you measuring technological advancement? Just an observation or do you have some data showing actual rates of technological advances?

330967[/snapback]

Just an observation, and my own personal feelings.