Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Enterprise Syndication Begins Sept 17/05

from st.com:

Enterprise Relaunches

Star Trek: Enterprise will enter the world of syndication in the United States commencing the weekend of September 17, 2005.

With the majority of the country already committed — virtually every major media market — Enterprise will get a strong second wind in syndication following its run on UPN. (After June 12, there are no more scheduled broadcasts on the netlet.) In syndication, one episode per weekend will air, with individual affiliates determining the day and time, either Saturday and/or Sunday.

The first scheduled episode to air will be the pilot, "Broken Bow," with the remaining schedule to be confirmed. STARTREK.COM will publish a more complete episode list once we have it.

I'm looking forward to the start of the syndication run. I'm very interested in seeing what the ratings will be once the series is available to the majority of Americans.

I just have one problem with this. Its only going to be played once a week on the weekends no less. Most shows I know of that go on syndication play once a day during the week or is that only half hour comedy? I am going to have to wait and see what stations pick it up in my area and when to make my full thoughts. It just seems to me that they are trying to make it fail. IMHO

I just have one problem with this.  Its only going to be played once a week on the weekends no less.  Most shows I know of that go on syndication play once a day during the week or is that only half hour comedy?  I am going to have to wait and see what stations pick it up in my area and when to make my full thoughts.  It just seems to me that they are trying to make it fail.  IMHO

329461[/snapback]

There are a some hour long dramas that are shown daily (Law & Order, CSI, other Trek series) but not a lot compared to half hour comedies (half hour programming is easier to sell into second run syndication than hour long dramas with some exceptions).

I don't think Enterprise being on once a week will cause it to fail. There are so many Americans who will have access to it for the first time, it may be better to have it weekly (almost as if it were in first run syndication, rather than second run).

Spike's probably going to get it as well, hopefully

329483[/snapback]

Maybe After They Get Voyager.

As For Being Shown Once A Week, That's Usually How A First Run In Syndication Goes In One Hiur Dramas.

Maybe It'll Air At The Same Time As SG-1 (Which Is In Syndication On UPN :( )

from st.com:

Enterprise Relaunches

Star Trek: Enterprise will enter the world of syndication in the United States commencing the weekend of September 17, 2005.

on UPN. (After June 12, there are no more scheduled broadcasts on the netlet.)

329331[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I would have been disappointed looking for Enterprise reruns on UPN, and consistently finding nothing.

That's good because I didn't see the first 2 seasons and I simply can't afford them.