Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Berman and Braga never ignored the continuity

Florida was seen in "Star Trek First Contact" although it had been "Borgified".

That was an alternate timeline though.

330298[/snapback]

Exactly!

If it is seen at other times of the movie you need to be specific as to when - in the 24th century time or Zefram Cochran's time.

As far as I can remember, it's only seen that one time when the Enterprise flies into the temporal portal created by the Borg.

Like I said, a trench is no big deal. As soon as the Xindi carved it, the sea would immediately have filled it. If they drilled into the sea bed, the two sides of the trench would have caused a cave in and thus filled the void.

The trench on land would have been dealt with pretty easily given the technology available in the future.

If the Xindi really wanted to destroy the Earth, they should have used their "Death Star" weapon to melt the polar ice caps and flood the entire planet.

I think it would have altered the timeline only in the sense that it gave Lily Sloane and Zephram Cochrane a greater sense of how important it was to continue their work.

Other than that, there wouldn't be much alteration in the timeline.

I'm not certain what series you are referring to when you talk about "Wall of Ships". As far as TNG is concerned, they only had Federation ships on display so there was no canon breach by not having an Earth ship displayed. I'm not familiar with a "Wall of Ships" on TOS because I've not seen all the episodes. What series had the aircraft carrier displayed?

It was in at lest the refitted NCC1701-A in the first movie; it showed the aircraft carrier, rocket and (English?) HMS Enterprise. I think it was in others also.

Edited by BKY1701

I'm not certain what series you are referring to when you talk about "Wall of Ships". As far as TNG is concerned, they only had Federation ships on display so there was no canon breach by not having an Earth ship displayed. I'm not familiar with a "Wall of Ships" on TOS because I've not seen all the episodes. What series had the aircraft carrier displayed?

It was in at lest the refitted NCC1701-A in the first movie; it showed the aircraft carrier, rocket and (English?) HMS Enterprise. I think it was in others also.

330345[/snapback]

On the wall there was the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise from, I believe, from WWII. It could also be USS Enterprise (CVN 65). The first nuclear carrier. The only reason why Enterprise NX-01 was not on the wall because the powers to be didn't have the very long foresight to put it in the display in the first place. Since the show come after the display was made for Enterprise D and E it is really only a minor one break in the cannon. Something that I would not lose sleep over it.

Edited by Odie

330345[/snapback]

On the wall there was the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise from, I believe, from WWII. It could also be USS Enterprise (CVN 65). The first nuclear carrier. The only reason why Enterprise NX-01 was not on the wall because the powers to be didn't have the very long foresight to put it in the display in the first place. Since the show come after the display was made for Enterprise D and E it is really only a minor one break in the cannon. Something that I would not lose sleep over it.

330347[/snapback]

Well said Odie