Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Star Wars: A Musical Journey

I got the soundtrack to Revenge of the Sith, today. The first thing i did was to put on the Star Wars: A Musical Journey DVD. If I am going to be honest i only got the soundtrack to see this DVD.

I have watched a few of the videos and I love them, I haven't watched any of them with the intros with Ian McDiarmid yet but I plan to.

:assimilated:

here's my review

What a powerful album this is. I can feel the energy of the movie coming out of my speakers and I haven't even seen the movie yet. The music just paints such a clear picture, your imagination runs wild and you can only image what could be taking place at the time of the musical scores in the movie. Never have I heard a soundtrack to be this exciting in a long time.

The music really sets the mood, from action songs like "General Grievous" and "Grievous and the Droids" to dark, somber, harmonizing songs like "Palpatine's Teachings" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds" which ends with a power punch. "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" really does set the proper mood for the intense fight that is to come. All of those mentioned are my favorites on the album. I love the use of the choir in this album, reminds me why I loved the Episode I soundtrack and "Duel of Fates" so much.

This DVD collection of songs from all six movies set to movie footage is worth the cost of this soundtrack alone. This is a 70 minute DVD which features 16 music videos which span all six movies. I really do love this.

Ian McDiarmid does an excellent job as the host of this special. It is exactly what it says, this is a musical journey. With the videos being introduced by Ian setting up the story, this musical tells the entire story that is Star Wars. I really did enjoy my self. After each song, Ian would tell a little more of the story and it follows all the way from Episode I to Vader's redemption of Episode VI. As you watch this, it makes it even more clear that all six movies are about Anakin Skywalker. His rise, fall and redemption. Very well done DVD set to beautiful music and picture. Worth getting!

It also has the option to watch the music videos with out Ian introducing it, but I don't recommend it, he only adds to this.

It also has an extra, which is the trailer for the video game Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith. Cool trailer.

Overall, I'd say that this is my favorite Star Wars album, very much worth getting, especially for the DVD alone. I have only listened to this album once, I just bought it yesterday, and I can already tell that I will be listening to it for many more days to come. It will be something I will have in my car listening to on my to and back from the theater when I go see "Revenge of the Sith". I can't wait, especially after hearing this album.

The movie was awesome.

The video game was cool.

The action figures are excellent.

The visual dictionary is brilliant.

The soundtrack is incredible.

The special DVD is superb and Ian McDiarmid really enhances each chapter with his class. Whenever I watch the music videos, I always watch his introductions.

:assimilated: :lol: :)