Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Hit Me Baby One More Time

Did anyone watch this last night? It's a new series that comes on NBC Thursday nights at 9pm.

What it is is old bands come back to perform one more time and at the end, the audience votes and whoever wins, their charity gets $20,000.

It was great last night, they had the return of Loverboy, Flock of Seagulls, Tiffany, Arrested Developement.

It's an hour long show, the first 30 minutes they sing their famous song and the last 30 minutes they do a remake of a hit song that is famous now. It was great to see Flock of Seagulls back, the did their famous song "I Ran". Great stuff. Next week will be Tommy Twotone (I know I probably spelled the last name wrong), Vanilla Ice among others.

I can't wait to see Vanilla Ice do "Ice Ice Baby" again :naughty:

Tiffany made a return of sorts last year......in Playboy magazine....lol

Vanilla Ice was on "The Surreal Life" last year.

^ I remember hearing about Tiff on PB :naughty:

I like this new TV show. I love 80's music so it was fantastic to see the Flock again :naughty: and Loverboy singing Everybody's Working For The Weekend. They also show where these stars have been the past few years. It's an interesting show, before they come out to perform it shows a video of what they used to look like and what they look like now, in some cases, is completely different, some the same.

On a related note, the original members of Duran Duran have reformed and are touring again! Now there's a concert I'd gladly pay to see.

I'll have to catch this show, 'cuz I love 80s music, too.

I caught the last half of it and it was pretty fun. I'll have to say, though, the one lady you didn't mention from last night's performances was easily the most talented singer. Can't remember her name.....

For the second performances:

Tiffany did ok on the Kelly Clarkson song. Loverboy was alright. Flock of Seagulls' take on "On the way Down" was... interesting. lol. Arrested Development was cool. I like "Heaven", and they did a good job on it. Glad they won.

I'm too young to have been into 80's music, but I still recognize alot of the songs and bands. :assimilated:

The show has been on here for a few months, didn't really like it, they run out of decent stars pretty quickly.

that's why I didn't mention the other lady's name, I forgot it too. But yeah, if you love 80's and early 90's music, you'd like this show. Next week is

Vanilla Ice

The knack

Tommy Twotone

Hadaway

and some one else I can't remember :assimilated:

I did tape it as I was watching the geek show on the WB(really not that bad it was not what I was expecting). I did flip back and forth and what I have seen was really good. I need to watch the tape.

that's why I didn't mention the other lady's name, I forgot it too. But yeah, if you love 80's and early 90's music, you'd like this show. Next week is

Vanilla Ice

The knack

Tommy Twotone

Hadaway

and some one else I can't remember :assimilated:

328715[/snapback]

The lady you've forgotten was CeCe Peniston and the one you're forgetting is The Motels (never heard of them).

The Knack is going to be performing My Sharona. With the way the FCC is these days, I'm surprised they can get it past the censors. LOL (For those too young to remember The Knack there was some controversy regarding the sexual overtones of the song).

The Motels had a great song, I think it was called "Only the Lonely" (it was not any sort of remake of a similarly titled song).

It was really a good song. Maybe I should go try to find that one to download.

The Motels had a great song, I think it was called "Only the Lonely" (it was not any sort of remake of a similarly titled song).

It was really a good song.  Maybe I should go try to find that one to download.

328828[/snapback]

I think I know the song you're talking about. The band itself still doesn't register though. LOL

Did anyone watch this last night? It's a new series that comes on NBC Thursday nights at 9pm.

What it is is old bands come back to perform one more time and at the end, the audience votes and whoever wins, their charity gets $20,000.

It was great last night, they had the return of Loverboy, Flock of Seagulls, Tiffany, Arrested Developement.

It's an hour long show, the first 30 minutes they sing their famous song and the last 30 minutes they do a remake of a hit song that is famous now. It was great to see Flock of Seagulls back, the did their famous song "I Ran". Great stuff. Next week will be Tommy Twotone (I know I probably spelled the last name wrong), Vanilla Ice among others.

I can't wait to see Vanilla Ice do "Ice Ice Baby" again :assimilated:

328576[/snapback]

I hadn't heard about it until just now, but that actually sounds pretty cool. I think I'd like to see it.

I taped this last week but just got around to watching it. I think this show was a train wreck. I think it pathetic watching these old, fat, bald men try to pretend that they are still rock stars. Tiffany had a beer gut as well. Shes gained some weight since she appeared in Playboy last year. I prefer to remember these bands as they were, not as the has-beens they are now.

Also - A message for the host - I don't know what your name is or who you are but...Andy Gibb called......he wants his haircut and clothes back!

Edited by Kor37

Tiffany had a beer gut as well. Shes gained some weight since she appeared in Playboy last year.

329147[/snapback]

Can you say "digitally enhanced" and "airbrush"? lol No one looks in real life the way they do in a magazine.

I'll watch it just to laugh at whatever fat,bald, pathetic has-been they cart out this week.....lol