Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#16 The Jihad

What rating would you give "The Jihad"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Jihad"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#16 The Jihad

Written by: Stephen Kandel

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Jan. 12, 1974

Stardate: 5683.1

Review Pending...

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Guest Characters:

Tchar James Doohan

Sord James Doohan

Em/3/Green David Gerrold

Lara Majel Barrett

Vedalan Majel Barrett

Kirk and Spock are asked to help find a stolen holy item that will cause a holy war if not returned

I really don't know what it was about this episode, but I couldn't get into that good. It was really well written, and the story was interesting, but I guess it just isn't my favorite kind of storyline. Some pretty interesting scenery was used in this episode that also had some pretty interesting aliens in it as well. Overall, a really good episode that is worth liking, but some people as myself may not like it as much as other episodes in this series. Still, I say that it is not the worst, I know it isn't. It's just not a personal favorite of mine.

Its funny. Back in the 1970s, nobody knew what a Jihad was. Now, unfortunately, everyone knows.....

I give it a 2. Pee-freaking-yew. This was like a bad episode of Justice League. Em...a hero with self-esteem issues? Who knew? Sord was okay, but didn't get enough coverage. I have to admit, I thought the saboteur was the Vendalan at first. That twist helped keep it from sinking to a 1. That, and it was the reinstalling of a religious symbol that helped prevent war from the hands of a madman who hated it. That was quite a turnabout on what we're used to.

Still, bad dialogue, ok story at best.... weak way to end season one of TAS

Sign in to follow this