Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#14 The Slaver Weapon

What rating would you give "The Slaver Weapon"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Slaver Weapon"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#14 The Slaver Weapon

Written by: Larry Niven

(Adapted from his 1967 short story "The Soft Weapon")

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Dec. 15, 1973

Stardate: 4187.3

Review Pending...

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Lieutenant Sulu George Takei

Lieutenant Uhura Nichelle Nichols

Guest Characters:

Chuft Captain James Doohan

Kzin telepath James Doohan

Kzin flyer James Doohan

Computer voice James Doohan

Slaver device Majel Barrett

Spock, Uhura and Sulu become prisoners of the Kzinti while searching for an ancient weapon

This episode is famous for the fact that there is no Kirk to be seen the entire episode since Spock, Uhura and Sulu become stranded on a planet. It is also made known that Kirk isn't needed to make a story great, because this is definitely once again one of the best episodes of the series. The Kzinti, a cat-like alien, is a very interesting race and we learn a lot about this new species. This episode has it's good share of action and does really well at being exciting. Overall, a very enjoyable episode that is definitely one of my favorites.

5. Loved this episode. It's not necessarily that it didn't involve Kirk, but this episode is realistic in that not every tale of interest comes from the mothership. What about the great adventures endured by an away team or scientific expedition that is detached from the main body? Great dialogue in explaining Kzintis, and good reactions from the characters concerning them.

Humor was nicely woven in as well. Uhura's upset response to Spock's assessment that the Kzinti automatically assume women are dumb, the telepath's mental anguish from reading Sulu's thoughts involving the eating of vegetables, Spock's explanation of why the Kzinti wouldn't ask for help, Sulu's deduction that the Kzinti were in fact on a covert mission from their government was akin to Kirk translating for Mudd in "I Mudd," Uhura's self-diappointment with her failed escape attempt...this episode was not wanting for humor.

This one episode explains a lot about the Kzinti with its great writing. It gave exposition without insulting the audience. Plus the deductions about the weapons were great too. I suspect Takei really likes this episode too, given how much Sulu is central to it.

Wonderful episode.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Great Episode, I give it a 5.

Stasis boxes, slaver weapons, good stuff.

Plus just Spock, Sulu, Uhura and a Shuttlecraft the entire episode.

2646087173_617f54d719.jpg

Edited by DaboGirl

Didn't see it.

I wondered how STF members can possibly get such a high rank with soooooooo many posts... I sat back and said "wow"! :sniffle:

But, now I know how. :yahoo:

Sign in to follow this