Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#9 Once Apon A Planet

What rating would you give "Once Apon A Planet"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Once Apon A Planet"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#9 Once Apon A Planet

Written by: Chuck Menville

and Len Janson

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Nov. 3, 1973

Stardate: 5591.2

Review Pending...

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Lieutenent Uhura Nichelle Nichols

Lieutenent Arex James Doohan

Lieutenent M'Ress Majel Barrett

Guest Characters:

Amusement Park Computer George Takei

Gabler James Doohan

White Rabbit James Doohan

Alice Nichelle Nichols

Queen of Hearts Majel Barrett

Many things have changed since the last time Enterprise visited the "shore leave" planet.

This episode is another average episode that is just an updated version of a previous story. Here, we see what things have changed since the crew left "shore leave". And, for story purposes, things have changed for the worse. The robots that make the illusions have taken over the planet after the keeper died of old age. Once again, a few highlights, but overall things that aren't that interesting. The main story is fairly good involving the machine that kidnapped Uhura. This may appeal more to the fans of the episode this is based on, but if you didn't care for the TOS story, then it will be the same here. Good, but not great.

"Shore Leave" is considered to be one of the worst TOS episodes ever. Not a good choice for a sequel.

Shore Leave was one of my favorites from Season 1. This episode was an interesting puzzle. How much of the nature of the original program could still be drawn out versus the struggle with the new program in its place. The actual character of the computer brought it down a peg, but still worked out fairly well. I give it a 4.

I never cared for "Shore Leave". I always felt that it was an ep that should never have been filmed,although when I need to get some sleep I do put in the dvd player :hand: . This TAS ep was just as bad imo,therfore I give it a 1.

Sign in to follow this