Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#6 The Survivor

What rating would you give "The Survivor"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Survivor"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#6 The Survivor

Written by: James Schmerer

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Oct. 13, 1973

Stardate: 5143.3

Review Pending...

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Nurse Chapel Majel Barrett

Lieutenent M'Ress Majel Barrett

Guest Characters:

Lieutenent Ann Nored Nichelle Nichols

Carter Winston Ted Knight

Romulan Commander James Doohan

Gabler James Doohan

Computer Voice Majel Barrett

Carter Winston, a man missing for five years, is discovered in a lone ship. He is beamed aboard, and his soon to be wife couldn't be happier. All seems fine until...

This is another episode that had the real feel of the original series. Not only was the story compelling, but the alien of the episode was really something to see and definitely something that they probably couldn't have made on the show. It looks kind of like an octopus and it has the power to become anyone that it chooses to be, much like the salt creature from the TOS episode "The Man Trap". This alien, however, doesn't only take their appearance, but shares the feelings of the person it is trying to be. Overall, a very interesting episode that you should really like.

Gave it a 3. This one did have the feel of TOS, I'll give it that, but again, cramming an hour story into a half hour.... also, this is the first time I felt like I was watching a 30 minute Esurance commercial. So the animation wasn't that good for this one. The character of the Vendorian wasn't that great. Into deceitful type mischief, but suddenly absorbing so much of Carter's personality that it causes him to risk death by holding up against the Romulans.

And I can see why Takara wouldn't allow TAS into offical ST Canon.....surrendering in the Neutral Zone? Meh. Overall though, the episode got a 3 from me.

Sign in to follow this