Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#4 The Lorelei Signal

What rating would you give "#4 The Lorelei Signal"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "#4 The Lorelei Signal"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Episode #4 The Lorelei Signal

Written by: Margaret Armen

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Sept. 29, 1973

Stardate: 5483.7

Review Pending...

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Lieutenent Uhura Nichelle Nichols

Nurse Chapel Majel Barrett

Lieutenent Arex James Doohan

Guest Characters:

Theela Majel Barrett

Dara Nichelle Nichols

Computer Voice Nichelle Nichols

Security Officer Davison Nichelle Nichols

Security Officer Carver James Doohan

Siren-like women lure the men of the Enterprise to the planet so they may feed on their energy.

I really did enjoy this episode and it felt a lot like an episode from the original series. This episode was very interesting because it is the first time in Star Trek history that a woman took command of the Enterprise when Uhura became acting Captain as the men were under the women's control. This episode also featured Scotty, James Doohan, singing which was a very interesting thing to see, especially since he was a pretty good singer. This episode was the introduction of Nurse Chapel into this series. She actual had some action scenes and showed how tough she can be and knows how to fire a weapon!

Good episode. One reason why many of the cartoon episodes have that TOS feel is that many were written by the same people who wrote TOS. Remember, the cartoon didn't come out that much later after TOS ended.

This was a very enjoyable episode and one that I remember well. The whole concept of the women saving the men from their folly was quite amusing and well done.

Stargate did a rather similar episode with Samantha Carter, Dr. Frasier, and other women saving the SGC when the men were all overcome by the charms and chemistry of a female.

A 4. The biggest downside was the quick caving in of the women to surrender to Uhura....but believable because they didn't have any weapons to compare with phasers, so even that worked somewhat. It showed that they were still trying to cram an hour show's plot into a half-hour show. This is the fourth episode I've seen so far, and I'm getting the feeling that that may have been part of the downfall for TAS.

Sign in to follow this