Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Different News

I noticed you guys in the US don't get the truth on the news.

Last night I watched CBS news, and there was an article about a released prisoner from Guantanamo Bay. The news reader said that the released prisoner ( who was innocent of any crime ) said that he had been treated fairly in the prison.

Only hours before the BBC was interviewing him, and he said he was treated like an animal, and he had perminant eye damage because of the brilliant white light that was shone on him all the time. :lol:

:lol:

Creepy... :lol:

I've actually stoped watching most news if I can help it...I'm quite irked at what's going on politically, and I tend to sleep a lot better when I don't pay close attention...JMHO.

I agree, pops -there's an uneasy difference between what you see from the American newsfeeds, and those from around the world - you can't explain all of them through demographics or geopgraphy - I had Arab friends who, during the war coverage on CNN, told me the translators weren't doing there jobs properly when the Iraqui leaders were on air - the next day (no joke) the translators voice was all that could be heard, as the originator's voice had been muted out...

I always take whats on the news with a grain of salt,its partly true, partly propaganda most of the time.Its good to watch and read many sources of news and then form your own opinion on what you believe the truth may be.

I agree you can't alwasy trust the news but that's just as true for foreign newscasts as it is for America's. For example, how do you know for certain the report you heard was accurate? The prisoner may have told a different story to different audiences for any number of purposes.

I agree you can't alwasy trust the news but that's just as true for foreign newscasts as it is for America's.  For example, how do you know for certain the report you heard was accurate?  The prisoner may have told a different story to different audiences for any number of purposes.

The BBC had their own translater, and his brother also spoke English. So there was nothing dodgy going on.

I agree you can't alwasy trust the news but that's just as true for foreign newscasts as it is for America's.  For example, how do you know for certain the report you heard was accurate?  The prisoner may have told a different story to different audiences for any number of purposes.

The BBC had their own translater, and his brother also spoke English. So there was nothing dodgy going on.

My point was he may not have told the same story to the different interviewers and how do we know which version if any was true?

My point was he may not have told the same story to the different interviewers and how do we know which version if any was true?

The news on CBS just showed the ex-prisoner talking in his own language, and there was no translation. So the news reader was his putting his own words in. :lol: