Sign in to follow this  

I am definitly a child of the eighties and so miss those Saturday mornins were my brother and I would wake up at 6am and watch tv thru until noon. The thing is, at 23 I still enjoy watching cartoons..the've revamped He-Man and The Transformers and countless other favs. but I'm more drawn towards adult-toons, like Clone High and Reboot and JLA and X-men evoloution..any thoughts? are there toon lovers out there?

I love watching the Simpsons and King of the Hill now,but my all time favorite cartoon (And I'm showing my age here) is Johnny Quest!

Well, cartoons are intended to be humerous, where as a show like X-Men Evolution would be called an animated series which is for the older crowd.

I myself prefer cartoons over animated series. My favorites are anything related to or in the same style as LOONEY TUNES! Sorry, but noth'n beats Bugs Bunny! :)

Well, cartoons are intended to be humerous, where as a show like X-Men Evolution would be called an animated series which is for the older crowd.

I myself prefer cartoons over animated series.  My favorites are anything related to or in the same style as LOONEY TUNES!  Sorry, but noth'n beats Bugs Bunny! :)

What's up doc *crunch*

:)

My fav. cartoon even though it is amime is Robotech witch is three Japanes shows made into one show. I remember getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning to tape and watch the show on both saturday and sunday.

Stardate:213463.2

I liked the 80's toons as well.I also like Anime some.About the only ones i watch are DBZ(not that much anymore) and Ranma 1/2

I like cartoons , all kinds

my nephew and I watch any anime together right now he and I are watching trigun I also like watching the cartoon network Cartoon cartoon

my favs are corage the cowerdly dog and ed edd and eddy

Stardate:213463.9

Ren and Stimpy Rules."You stupid Idiot!!!"I was estatic when i found out they were bringing it to TNN.Another good cartoon and one of my all time favorites.......Beavis and Butthead.heh heh heh heh Firrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

you must learn how to write without sounding "all-knowing." Animated shows are still cartoons and when they are shown at 3pm and 10 am on saturdays are still directed towards children, not the "older crowd."

Spongebob for me

spongebob.jpg

I forgot about SpongeBob, I watch too, along with "Fairy Odd Parents"

Love that one too! Bigsmile.gif

I am a child of the eighties as well. I watched He-Man;She-Ra;Vultron; The Superfriends;Batman;The X-Men;The Hulk Cartoon; Bugs Bunny;Batman Beyond.

Adult oriented cartoons (Anime) are also good. If you don't believe me check out adult swim on the Cartoon Network.

Lupin the 3rd

Inyasha

Futurama

Family Guy

Kikidia(hopefully this is spelled correctly)

Reign the Conqueror

Sealab 2021

DBZ

Yu Yu Hakisho

...Kenshin

The original Transformers was my all time Fave and I still watch the movie now and agane with Lenard Nemoy as Magatron. I do have a Fondness for the new Hanna barbera Cartoons as well (Dexter,Powerpuff girls and of couse I am Wesal "Mickal Dorn Rules".) Some of the jokes are not aimed ad kids. All so Freakazoid is awesome With Ricardo Montalban doing a charactor very much like Khan there is a great scene where he's telling Freakazoid how far he'd go to get him.

"..and through Perditions flames before I give you up. Kirk my old ..... Sorry wrong Show" I love that bit.

I loved X-Men, Batman, Batman Beyond and don't ask, but i fell in love with cardcaptors too. Hated that they ended it  :lol:

Lessa, my brother told me that he read something about them possibly bringing back Cardcaptors...

As for me... when I was younger(Mickey Mouse, Transformers, He-Man, Looney Toons, Schoolhouse Rock, Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, to name a few)

Now that I am older(Looney Toons, some epsisodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog, Pokemon-though I prefer the movies over the series...and yes play the game-did you know that more adults play the Pokemon games than kids? Mainly because adults seem to put more effort into the catching them all part., and still break out my VHS's of Schoolhouse Rock now and then.)

I saw someone mention Inu-Yasha...I have only seen a couple episodes...I probably should catch it from the beginning so I can get the whole storyline(at least that was what my brother,a fan, suggested. However, I have a ton of anime music...that stuff is so awesome! And for fun, I have learned many of the songs in their non-dubbed Japanese form. The music loses so very much when translated and transposed to fit the melody.

(I am Wesal "Mickal Dorn Rules".) Some of the jokes are not aimed ad kids.  All so Freakazoid is awesome With Ricardo Montalban doing a charactor very much like Khan there is a great scene where he's telling Freakazoid how far he'd go to get him.

"..and through Perditions flames before I give you up.  Kirk my old .....  Sorry wrong Show"  I love that bit.

hey! know that i think of it i. m. weasal does sound like micheal dorn! wow! i never knew that!

haha. now i wanna see that freakazoid episode. ive never watched that show.

anyways, i like futurama, family guy, simpsons, clone high, and mission hill. thats about it though. oh and spongebob.