Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

His Way

What rating would you give "His Way"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "His Way"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Odo enlists the help of holosuite lounge singer Vic Fontane to teach him how to be a ladies man so he can impress Kira.

This is a very cute/funny episode that is one of my favorites. While at Vic’s lounge, Vic requests that Odo play the piano while Vic sings, Odo not knowing how to play declines, only to find out that the piano plays itself and Odo just has to pretend to play.

This episode is great, will Vic give Odo the courage he needs to impress Kira and make her fall in love with him as much as he loves her? Only watching “His Way” will tell.

****1/2 out of *****

Edited by Gamera

4. Here we are introduced to Vic Fontaine, the self-aware hologram, played by the incredibly talented James Darren. He's a phenomenal actor and a really good singer. During the '60's he was sadly relegated to novelty songs about tragedy for the protagonist. But check out some of his other songs, including "Just Think Of Tonight," a real rocker; and "All" from the movie Run For Your Wife, a quite nice love song (but not the slow kind); and "Gotta Have Love." Plus, about five or six years back, he put out a Vic Fontaine type of album called Thanks For The Memories, which I recommend. Btw, VaBeachGuy, you might want to get a better pic of Vic. The avatar he uses looks more like Tony Bennett than James Darren.

The story involving Odo was nicely done and relatable. I thought Odo looked a little bit like a Muppet, hamming it up as the piano player for Vic. But finally, Odo and Kira get together, thus ending Odo's agony, as well as the audience's in watching him pine for her but not have the cajones to act on it.