Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

In a Mirror, Darkly

What rating would you give "In a Mirror, Darkly"?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "In a Mirror, Darkly"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 094

Season: 4 Episode: 18

Air Date: 04.22.2005

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Vaughn Armstrong as Captain Maximilian Forrest

Franc Ross as Grizzled Human

Creative Staff:

Director: James L. Conway

Written By: Michael Sussman

Related Items:

TOS 039 - "Mirror, Mirror"

TOS 064 - "The Tholian Web"

The Mirror Universe Enterprise discovers that the Tholians have captured a ship called the USS Defiant from another dimension and it's from 100 years in the future. If Mirror Archer can capture this ship, he would be unstoppable.

What if Zefram Cochrane killed the Vulcans that he first met instead of becoming friends? This will answer that question and is what started the differences between our universes. From the opening credits, you know this isn't your usual Enterprise episode. Instead of the peaceful and inspirational music video we usually see in the opening credits, it has changed to dark mood music with war being shown through out history, with the occasional Empire symbol thrown in every now and then.

The crew themselves look basically the same, except for almost everyone having black hair with their uniforms slightly different from our universes Starfleet uniforms. In this universe, Archer is only a Commander and Forrest is the Captain. Trip has a huge scar on his face. Malcolm (who is in a higher rank than T'Pol) and Travis are now in M.A.C.O. and Phlox is not only a doctor, but he also enjoys a good torture every now and then.

This is overall a good episode, not my favorite out of this season. I think it's in-part due to it being so out of sync from the rest of the season. We see the crew we know and love and all of a sudden it switches to the Mirror universe, just a quick change. I like how they used scenes from the movie "First Contact", that way the characters all look the way we remember them from the movie instead of getting new actors that don't look like those in the movie. This is the first time I have seen a mirror universe episode that didn't also have the real crew battling them in it as well, an interesting choice for storyline to be just devoted to the mirror universe.

**** out of *****

I personally found this the best episode of Enterprise, tied with Part II. The opening scenes were interesting, followed by the outstanding change of title sequence. I thought the cast was great as their own dark personae.

And as I now enter into the final five episodes of Enterprise, we have the parallel universe story. This is a fanTAStic episode. So incredibly awesome. Riveting. So wonderfully written and acted. And I REALLY appreciated the different theme music aside from the weak song we have otherwise. Unlike every other episode of Enterprise up to this point, save Broken Bow, I didn't fast forward through the opening credits. This episode was so awesome, I watched it again with the commentary on, which I haven't done with any other episode that I've come across yet (except one episode of TAS, when I noticed audio commentary as an option).

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Gets a 5 from me cause I saw every mirror mirror Universe episode since I saw the rerun of TOS (Mirror,Mirror)

DS9 had the rest till Enterprise did the "Mirror Mirror Darkly" 2 parter

can't include the Worf one from TNG since thats only if he had chosen a different path.

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I loved it! This, and the second part are among my favorite episodes. I especially liked Archer - he was kinda scary!

Sign in to follow this