19 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is the best?

• Spaced Out: The Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner
    • Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space by Leonard Nimoy
    • Highly Illogical by Leonard Nimoy
    • Transformed Man by William Shatner
    • Ol? Yellow Eyes is Back by Brent Spiner
    • Other
    • None of the above - why oh why did they do it!!!

Let me know what you think and why.

Honestly I was really surprised when I listened to Ol' Yellow Eyes is Back. I'm not in to "the standards" so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I liked Brent Spiner's singing in TNG but I was really blown away by the effect the music had on me.

EEK! I was so hoping to get a copy of Ol' Yellow Eyes, but it was never available in my home town. But, I have always enjoyed his singing whenever I get the chance to listen to that beautiful voice :) ! I have a copy of him singing "When I Fall In Love" :) :lol: (A song I have always enjoyed), and I once had a copy of the New cast of 1776, He was great in that as well :) ! OK, personal gripe here :) , sometimes the makers of soundtracks put songs other than the scores on an album, why oh why couldn't they put him singing "A British Tar" (Insurrection) and "Blue Skies" (Nemesis) on those albums! I like and own both CD's but would have loved to have those BONUS tracks!

Ol Yellow Eye's definitely! It's not just cuz it's Brent Spiner, it's cuz I LOVE his voice (sigh) and the songs to. I don't have a copy either, but I downloaded some of the songs on Kazaa. This is only temporarily, mind you, until I can find that CD.

Good I am glad you got at least a temporary copy of his songs, SIGH I melt every time I here that one song (When I Fall In Love). If I am sad, it is one of the songs that can make me instantly feel better!

i love that song.

.......|.\.........

.......||..\.......

.......||...||.....

.......||..//.....

.......||...........

....oo.............

..o....o...........

....oo.............

Any album by William Shatner is great for laughs.His singing is just so terrible!I've never heard Nimoy sing,so I can't say anything about him....Nichelle Nichols is a wonderful singer,as is Jeri Ryan,Robert Picardo,and Nana Visitor....but William Shatner,OMG,the horror.

Hell is an eternity of listening to Shatner and that rapper Biz Markie :devil:(Nah,even the devil ain't THAT mean spirited) ;)

I heard an interview with Scott Bakula and someone asked his opinion of the other singing captain.. He asked "who the other singing captain was?" the host replied William Shatner had a new album out. Bakula replied, "I know, who's the other singing captain?"

I don't know if Bakula has an album but I'd buy it.

I do have the original Mr. Spock's music from outerspace....

Haven't heard old yellow eyes so I didn't vote.

"Ol' yellow eyes is back" by Brent Spiner for me... I just love "It's a sin (to tell a lie) :b-day:

Awesome CD ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I voted other. I know this CD is old but I still like it alot..Nichelle Nichols-Out of this World..It was made shortly after Star Trek VI, the Undiscovered Country..There is also a tribute song to Gene Roddenberry called 'Gene' on it..Very nice..There are songs on this CD that I like a lot..You're out of this World, Ancestry, Rock the World, Hauntingly, Uhura's Theme and of course Beyond Antares..Some of you may remember Beyond Antares. Nichelle sang it a couple of times in a few of the earlier TOS episodes..Such a beautiful song..

I voted other. I know this CD is old but I still like it alot..Nichelle Nichols-Out of this World..It was made shortly after Star Trek VI, the Undiscovered Country..There is also a tribute song to Gene Roddenberry called 'Gene' on it..Very nice..There are songs on this CD that I like a lot..You're out of this World, Ancestry, Rock the World, Hauntingly, Uhura's Theme and of course Beyond Antares..Some of you may remember Beyond Antares. Nichelle sang it a couple of times in a few of the earlier TOS episodes..Such a beautiful song..

I have Nichelle's album "Out of this world".Its great.

Well,I think Nichelle Nichols is a superb singer,and Jeri Ryan and Robert Picardo are also excellent.I've only heard Brent Spiner singing a few times,and not enough to judge whether or not I liked it.... :)

I voted for Ol' yellow eyes. I have the CD on the original Bay Cities label, only because I ordered it from them by mail - it wasn't in any nearby record store.

I also have the 1776 soundtrack CD. When I listen to it, I skip the songs that Brent doesn't sing! :)