Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Expanse

What rating would you give "The Expanse"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Expanse"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 052

Season: 2 Episode: 26

Air Date: 05.21.2003

Mission Date: Apr. 24, 2153

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Vaughn Armstrong as Admiral Forrest

Gary Bullock as Klingon Council Member

David Figlioli as Klingon Crewman

Gary Graham as Soval

Daniel Riordan as Duras

John Fleck as Silik

L. Sidney as Klingon Crewman #2

Bruce Wright as Dr. Fer'at

Dan Desmond as Klingon Chancellor

James Horan as Humanoid Figure

Josh Cruze as Captain Ramirez

Creative Staff:

Director: Allan Kroeker

Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga

Related Items:

Klingons

Suliban

Vulcans

The Xindi attack Earth killing over seven million people, and the Enterprise and Earth aren't going to take that lying down.

Where to begin? "The Expanse" is most definitely the best episode of Season 2. Excellent script writing that is sadly inspired by the tragic 9/11. References to the real life events are seen all through this episode. Sadly, Trip loses a family member and has a vendetta with the Xindi. He will get his revenge. Loyalty is also addressed when T'Pol has to decide whether to leave the Enterprise or her Vulcan career.

The special effects are incredible, the most impressive scene is when Trip and Malcolm go to Florida. You see up close and personal the devastation. A huge trench is the only thing on the ground where houses used to be.

Photon torpedoes are finally added to the Enterprise, which I'm very happy about since I've been waiting for them to be added.

This episode is worthy of a 5 out of 5 rating, I can't wait for Season three to begin!

***** out of ***** (no doubt about it) :lol:

I've given it a 4. Knowing what T'Pol will do does dampen it a little, though her scene with Phlox is quite good. I loved the evolution of Trip's emotions. Very realistic. Hoshi's bit was deleted from the aired episode, and really nothing much with Mayweather. Soval is such a flat character that his presence detracts from the episode, though I don't hold that against Graham himself. In the special features, it is briefly mentioned about how the Vulcans were supposed to be a secretly screwed-up society. I don't know where they got that, but I never really saw it with Spock, and I think it's a bad way to go about them. So, overall a 4.

Sign in to follow this