Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Cogenitor

What rating would you give "Cogenitor"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Cogenitor"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 048

Season: 2 Episode: 22

Air Date: 04.30.2003

Mission Date: Unknown

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Andreas Katsulas as Vissian Captain

F.J. Rio as Vissian Engineer

Larissa Laskin as Vissian Wife - Calla

Becky Wahlstrom as Cogenitor

Stacie Renna as Traistana

Laura Interval as Vissian Woman #2

Creative Staff:

Director: LeVar Burton

Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga

Trip becomes fascinated by a species' third sex, but the curiosity comes with a price

As the last episode dealt with racism, "Congenitor" deals with sexism. The Congenitor's aren't allowed to read or write just because they are neither male or female. Trip finds this as an injustice and tries to put a stop to it. It's a great episode that has a very sad ending. I think that this is probably the saddest episode in the series so far.

***** out of *****

I know I'm going to seem to contradict myself a bit here, but the out-of-character bit worked extremely well this time. Trip being concerned about the rights of sentient beings....sounds like something Archer would be more concerned with. The Cogenitor did a decent job of acting, as did actually pretty much everyone. I have to give full props to the acting. Tamalek as a Vissian. lolz.

The last scene was astounding for me, for two reasons: one, the way Bakula acted in it when Archer really lowered the boom (Trinneer was fabulous in this scene too, but Bakula REALLY outdid himself); two, the fact that the cogenitor committed suicide. A sad ending, which is what was needed. Too many endings that are either happy, or have optimistic promises. This one was a complete dead halt to all that. REALLY threw me for a loop. Brilliant ending to what I thought would end on a disappointing note for me. 5.

Just saw this one again. It was good overall. tThe only thing that didn't seem to fit was how hard Archer came down on Trip. It seemed like a master scolding his dog, rather than two friends that are dealing with things no human has ever had to deal with before.

Gave it a "4"

Edited by TripLives

Sign in to follow this